Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Kingdom Come: Deliverance Beta Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Kingdom Come: Deliverance; Warhorse Studios

The beta for Daniel Vavra's medieval Bohemian simulator AKA Kingdom Come: Deliverance was released to eligible backers the other day. The latest Kickstarter update has the details on how to get it, along with a short release trailer featuring authentic English accents:

We are pleased to announce the release of Kingdom Come: Deliverance Beta access on Windows PC, available for backers with the Knight Tier or higher. This release includes a part of the game's main storyline, multiple quests, new combat systems, weaponry and the first large-scale battle. Take a look at our brand new Beta trailer!

There are two ways how to access Beta, either through Steam or by means of our Warhorse Launcher. Here is the how-to for our new backers and Knights:
  • Please register on our website with your Kickstarter email
  • Go to your profile
  • Click on the Warhorse Launcher link to download it
  • Install the Warhorse Launcher
  • Enter your login and password
  • Download the Beta
  • Play the Beta :)
The backers registered on our website in the past months already have Steam keys in their profile. The code is still there for your reference. For the Early Alpha players, who already activated the Steam code, the Alpha will automatically update to Beta on Steam.

To access the Beta now, please create an account on www.KingdomComeRPG.com

The game is still not available for purchase on Steam, but you can get it for $50 on the official website, beta included. A list of the beta's new features compared to the alpha is available here, but I'm guessing there are probably too many to list them all.

imweasel

Hopefully not one of those "open world games" with a single map compressed to the size of a fucking theme park.

Weasel
MCA is such a (freelance) bro he even did them a promotional poster

yspVuE7.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks like a good tech demo, but I'm still skeptical about how realistic the story will play, and if it will live up to the setting. It still comes somewhat close to one of my dream games - play a mercenary during the Italian Wars (1495-1559) in the shape of a long campaign played from the first person, with the ability to switch sides, progress skills, upgrade gear, and have all armies voiced in their native languages. Of course, major battles have to play out realistically too. Probably in a future Vavra project, around 2035 :)

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Love that period of history and place - prehussite Czech teritory(early reformation, inquisition, crusades):bounce: Setting is great if they will deliver(pun intended) i would consider upgrading my PC.

ColCol

Arcane
Nice, will see if Vávra's bite is as big as his bark.

Last edited:
Anybody has played the beta/alfa? How good is combat system compared to Mount&Blade, Dark Messiah or Dark Souls?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
"Dynamic weather" WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW!!! :what:

The graphics look pretty bad for 2016, especially considering it's CryEngine. I don't know how they managed that.

Also, the faces look weird. I don't know if it's intentional to make them all look like untermenschen, but that's how they look in the end.

Pretty bad.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Could be worse. At least it's not an Unity game. :M
Check out Layers of Fear. A unity game that looks better than this, lol. It's pretty bad when your CryEngine game looks worse than Unity lol.

Also this Unity game looks better on some of the screenshots as well. What a joke, lol.

Paul_cz

Arcane
How anyone can write that this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_FaCYkDxoA
Looks bad is beyond me. You have got to be fucking blind. I am playing the beta, 1080p at high preset and it is by far the most realistic RPG, hell, game, I have ever seen run on my PC. It looks better than Witcher 3.
Obviously some stuff is still placeholder - some animations, character heads, facial animation - but the environments look stunning.
That said, I am just walking around..I am not doing quests or combat, will wait for full version with that.

game_2015_07_08_23_0335sfd.png

game_2015_07_04_23_06x8kui.png

game_2015_07_04_23_02rrkdh.png

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anybody has played the beta/alfa? How good is combat system compared to Mount&Blade, Dark Messiah or Dark Souls?

MB, DM and DS have action combat...more sophisticated but still traditional - whack your opponent until he runs out of HP. KCD is unique in that it's trying to imitate real fencing, with positioning, feigning, parrying, half-swording, combos etc. There are no action moves like rolling or pirouettes that would get you killed in real combat, everything tries to be as authentic as possible for a videogame.

The result is predictable - it's not for everyone. It's completely different from what gamers learned to expect from a real time melee combat. Personally, it's still hasn't grown on me, maybe because it's still far from finished. Authentic swordplay is notoriously hard to replicate in a computer, they took a huge risk to attempt that when so many devs before them concluded it's impossible.

Anyway you still have alternative modes - thief or diplomat and I think in both of those you can avoid melee combat completely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom