Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
oh. That is my screen shot saver program. You can name the files (i.e. Wasteland000, Waseland001 etc...) and I was taking shots of my Wasteland run through. I forgot to change the name of the files. Though Wasteland with that kind of UI would have been awesome.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Just started playing STALKER: Call of Pripyat (finally). It seems to be a definite improvement over SoC, but there doesn't really seem to be any sense of direction. Like, from what NPCs say about the downed helicopters, I feel like they're a bit too dangerous to go for just yet. Is that true and I should just do some side-questing and stuff for a while, or are the helis not as bad as they sound? Also, where can I sell off looted weapons and stuff? None of the vendors in the ship are interested in my stuff.
You can not sell damaged weapons. You can only sell pristine condition items - but they are probably more useful keeping than selling in the early game.

You may have to repair them. But repair costs often exceed or roughly equal the sale value of a repaired item.

Quick advice is to take the artifact quests from the artifact collector on the ship. Once you have about 100,000 gold, you should buy the elite equipment from the special weapons orders guy. You'll have to rest for a day in the ship before you get the weapon or armour.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
Completed VtM - Redemption with the good ending. A superb game and I like how you get more dialogue towards the end of game aka modern times instead of more combat as most games tend to do; it might have been equal levels but the ease of modern combat skews the perception towards that viewpoint.

Nattvardsvin

Learned
Downing a few beers and playing some Shadow Warrior. Mindless fun. Certainly takes me back. I remember most of the secret areas in the first levels, but some I don't know where the fuck they are..Which is well annoying.

5bs6zs.png

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Finished Thief 2. Soulforge was a pretty good level, don't think I'll ever replay it and it was a bit overstretched, but damn succeeding by the skin of my teeth made me feel like the best Thief player in the world.

On to Strange Journey.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
SPACE PIRATES AND ZOMBIES BROS GOTTA GET BACK TO IT HAVENT PLAYED ANY GAMES FOR LIKE A WEEK

spekkio

Arcane
Completed Descent 3 - Mercenary at last.

Godfuckingdamnit the final boss was hard. Of course you can outcheese him, but even with the cheesiest tactic possible, I was barely able to own him:

rFz3a.jpg

If somebody wants a modifed exe for this game (32 bit color depth set permanently, so no need for switching after loading a save + game uses only a single core which prevents most crashes), you can grab it here (my upload):

Code:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dkyl5d

Wyrmlord

Arcane
ScreenShots000007.png

ScreenShots000017.png

Finished Dungeon Master (I never finished it back in the day). Guess it's off to Chaos Strikes Back....
By the way, with these high scores that really old RPGs used to have, was it normal to hear rumours of rare and abnormally high scores being reached by certain players back in the day? Scores that were possible, but were simply out of the reach of most normal players? Or did everyone eventually score roughly the same?

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm playing Payday, I thank Deus Ex:HR for introducing me to Steam. With it I won't have entered into the realm of renting games off steam.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Im trying to bear NWN . but seriously the best class is still the druid. below average physical stats is no issue since the bear pet can take care of everything in early game. Late game, go shifter and tear shit apart.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Jebus H Christmas! The beginning of Chaos Strikes Back is fucking INSANE. It's like mondblut got all pissed off and designed this. D:

kingcomrade22

Educated
The Walking Dead. You know, Telltale Games are starting to become my favorite company. They're the only company where I have 4 different games of theirs installed on Steam at the same time.
The game is actually really good. I don't watch the TV series or read the comics, but I still think this game is great.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I just finished Ultima VIII: Pagan and the controls for that game work just fine. Not sure what you are talking about. The retarded Super Avatar Bros jumping shit was stupid however.

Peter

Arcane
Replaying Metro 2033. Maybe I'm just starved for stealth, but damn, crawling around enemy camps with night-vision goggles is so fucking fun. And dem above ground sections. Love this game; haters gonna hate.

Tel Velothi

Cipher
Finished or maybe "finished" E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy, bacause you have to finish it 4 times (I think) to get true ending. Now I'm on my 2nd playthrough. It's fun to me so maybe I'll finish it 4 times and then make a t-shirt about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom