Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Styg; For a map that practically has nothing going on in it, this place causes serious performance issues on me:

c6x2x5X.jpg

Anybody else had this?

Very strange: i was recently in this location and no performance issues spotted. My laptopt is not fastest indeed - Thinkpad T60p:love:

Fine by me as well. Also on a laptop but with I7 and 16 GB of ram. BTW when are we gonna get a review?

marux

Augur
Yep, it's in the building with all the folks in stasis. You need high hacking skills to operate the console there, or alternatively search the residential area carefully for the keycard.
It's in the arab guy's room, in the safe
Ohhhhhh, you have to turn off the lifesupport before it let's you access it, thanks man.
also thank you for motivating me to finally finish the game with this post. tchort is going to get it tonight.:love:
Well! 103 hours, and the big ugly is dead! Game is complete, and a grand time was had by all.

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is turning off alarms possible?

I triggered the alarm in Epione Lab by accident so all of my character's Protectorate buddies are on alert and it won't shut the hell up. :|

marux

Augur

I triggered the alarm in Epione Lab by accident so all of my character's Protectorate buddies are on alert and it won't shut the hell up. :|
nope you can't, they should usually stop after some time.
it's annoying as fuck, but kind of makes sense...i can't remember ever seeing an alarm-off button in real life :D

Also just killed tchort. Many parts of DC were pretty annoying but i wouldn't complain too much about the design as some codexers have. I tried to avoid doing things by trial and error in DC, since you would have to run through shit-tons of respawning enemies multiple times. So the only thing i would want is to get proper directions in DC. How the fuck am i supposed to know which mutagen tank is A and which B, since there are like 5 maps with giant containers....

Nevertheless it feels pretty damn good to do (most parts) of DC by myself and finally see this:
it's dead now. IT'S DEAD!!
dEnURDu.jpg

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

nope you can't, they should usually stop after some time.
it's annoying as fuck, but kind of makes sense...i can't remember ever seeing an alarm-off button in real life :D

Also just killed tchort. Many parts of DC were pretty annoying but i wouldn't complain too much about the design as some codexers have. I tried to avoid doing things by trial and error in DC, since you would have to run through shit-tons of respawning enemies multiple times. So the only thing i would want is to get proper directions in DC. How the fuck am i supposed to know which mutagen tank is A and which B, since there are like 5 maps with giant containers....

Nevertheless it feels pretty damn good to do (most parts) of DC by myself and finally see this:
it's dead now. IT'S DEAD!!
dEnURDu.jpg

Sod it, I guess they'll just be listening to an alarm for eternity. :D

Not mighty Tchort :( Look at it, it's beautiful. Just crying out for an alternate ending.

Old One

Arcane
Since I started over I set myself the task of exploring everything, as far as I could, before the earthquake debris got cleared out. It's amazing how far you can get. For a few minutes I thought I was going to find a way to reach Rail Crossing, but no.

ST'Ranger

Augur
Since I started over I set myself the task of exploring everything, as far as I could, before the earthquake debris got cleared out. It's amazing how far you can get. For a few minutes I thought I was going to find a way to reach Rail Crossing, but no.

Funny enough, there is actually an area that is open which I think is unintentional. There are very strong enemies and (on several occasions) high-quality components available there.

Old One

Arcane
There are very strong enemies and (on several occasions) high-quality components available there.
What area are you thinking of?

The most interesting thing I found was what appeared to be a small scouting group of Ironheads. I mean, I had noticed them before, but I never considered how close they are to the station. Very close.

ST'Ranger

Augur
There are very strong enemies and (on several occasions) high-quality components available there.
What area are you thinking of?

The most interesting thing I found was what appeared to be a small scouting group of Ironheads. I mean, I had noticed them before, but I never considered how close they are to the station. Very close.

Styg said to keep these secrets to myself, else he would take them away.

:keepmymoney:

In the under-tunnels right outside SGS, NE section I believe.

marux

Augur
Not mighty Tchort :( Look at it, it's beautiful. Just crying out for an alternate ending.

true, i really felt at home at the university
...but then six comes along and tells you there is no other option.
then again he and tanner are some mad aliens/gods, so i guess he should know what is best.

at the end the game perfectly sets up for underrail2, i just hope styg will have enough cash and love to make it.

veevoir

Klytus, I'm bored
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Yep, it's in the building with all the folks in stasis. You need high hacking skills to operate the console there, or alternatively search the residential area carefully for the keycard.
It's in the arab guy's room, in the safe
Ohhhhhh, you have to turn off the lifesupport before it let's you access it, thanks man.

Wait did Styg insert homage to Fallout 4 in his game?

:decline:

Speaking of dropping items, there should definitely be a trash can function in this game, primarily because I worry that leaving random rags, psi beetle shells, mine casings, etc. scattered around the world will not only bloat save file size but also potentially lead to corrupted saves.
Actually, if you drop stuff in "Junkpiles" they do vanish after a while. I learned this the hard way when I tried using one as a stash while hauling Balor's hammer. (Was the one above Foundry train if it matters).

Styg I'd like to bring this up as I believe certain junkpiles and other containers in some maps are bugged. Their contents consistently and completely reset as soon as you transition to another area and back. The first time this happened to a load of items I stashed in some container, I thought I must have accidentally sold them all upon failing to find them back. Now I know, after having observed it. Want to track these down?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've always assumed that certain types of containers reset their contents after being checked in order to keep the game's save file sizes down to a dull roar, and that this is also why some (empty) containers reset their states... either way, don't put stuff you want to keep in junk piles and barrels.

Nines

Learned
I had a feeling I heard the similar track from somewhere before.. :M

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Turns out that leaving that alarm on at Epione Lab was a bad idea:
the cry-wolf effect clearly took hold and the Free Drones wiped out the Protectorate defenders. Oops.

Oh well, time for more war crimes.

Also, congrats on whoever wrote Dess as being completely unsufferable. A+ job. :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom