Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anybody know anything about the next GotY, Gmae of Thrones RPG?

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
lol info on this game seems impossible to find. I think it's just releasing today.

I want to know if anybody here was rich enough to throw some cash away on it. Because I don't think it's on the seven seas

I predict a hilarious trainwreck, but hey it might turn out better than DA2.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
All accounts indicate it draws heavily from the BioWare mold, although probably even more simplified and with a greater action bent. There's been very little information on the game at all, and considering it's been announced for quite some time I'd say that may be a sign that even the publisher doesn't think it looks very good.

Executer

Phrenologist
Hopefully they can outBioware Bioware, I'll let you all reflect on the implications of such an achievement.

Comrade Goby

Magister
Apparently the story is the only good part of the game according to all reviews so far.

But the game part sucks

Kitako

Arcane
From the few previews I saw it looked like a Witcher 2 clone.
I'm interested, waiting for some prestigious codex impressions.

Kitako

Arcane
4/10 is actually tempting to instabuy it without even reading their review, good marketing there.

Good thing we have a Gamebanshee helping out. Or not?
Waiting for 2€ trash bin sales anyway.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So I noticed it's out, wondering if anyone here is playing it.

I have zero expectations but I am a bit curious.

made

Arcane
This game is bound to fade into obscurity quickly what with everyone playing D3 for the foreseeable future, but I decided to support the underdog and grab the iso demo. First impressions:

Narrated by Varys from the TV show (that's a plus fyi)

Char gen looks promising at first glance: you pick one of three classes (different flavors of warriors), then spread a few points across five attributes (str, dex, int, end, luck - all of which sound useful at this point), then pick some combat abilities (MMO-typical stuff like CC vs. all-out dps), then assign points to weapon and armor skills, and lastly choose up to three perks that must be balanced with an equal amount of quirks. So far so good. Remains to be seen how it develops during the game.

VA is acceptable, but writing uneven. Might have suffered during translation similar to Witcher. Probably best played in French.

Bioware-style dialogue wheel; couple responses didn't quite come out as expected

Don't have time to play past the cutscene-heavy introduction atm, so that's all I got. Strong Witcherware vibes so far.

MetalCraze

Arcane
It's a generic console "RPG"* from talentless shitheads at Cyanide. That's apart from it being an obvious attempt to cash in on HBO's show's popularity. Do you really believe it ever had a chance of being not shit?

*A linear cutscene where you select dialogue options that affect absolutely nothing. And of course no stats affecting anything as usual.

hiver

Cheat Code Central, 1.9/5.
In fact, that's the one word I would use to describe this game as a whole: boring. Everything about the game seems to be crafted in such a way to make the experience as un-engaging as possible. The graphics: poor. The voice acting: dry. The combat: repetitive. The story: uninteresting. In fact, the only thing this game has going for it is the Game of Thrones IP it is attached to, which is par for the course for licensed games. Frankly, there just isn't enough content here to satisfy even the most hardcore fan of the series. It's a shame, because A Game of Thrones truly has the potential to become an amazing console RPG. This just isn't it.​
Joystiq, 2.5/5.​
Cyanide's vision for Game of Thrones is ambitious, but the studio's end product has buckled under the weight of its intricate design document. Despite some ideas I've fallen in love with, it's a buggy and ugly mess of a video game. Even for its story and brushes with the franchise's fiction, it's difficult to recommend to either series vets or role-playing fans.​
etc,...​
in short, sucks donkey balls.​

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
A game trashed by reviews (we all know what they are worth, nowadays) might actually be good. Someone should remove it from Inventory and review it here.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, it might be good depending on the wording of the reviews that trash it.

There is, after all, a difference between saying "It sucks because it's too hard bawwwww also the story isn't EPIC!! enough for me" and saying "The combat is boring and repetitive, the story is bland, the voice acting sucks, everything is just boring".

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
A game trashed by reviews (we all know what they are worth, nowadays) might actually be good. Someone should remove it from Inventory and review it here.

True but this a tie-in game by Cyanide made for some quick cash,so I think most people were expecting it to be shit.That's why you don't see people doubting these mainstream reviews in this case.

made

Arcane
Well, I don't doubt that it might be shit, just that it's so much more shit than DA2 which the same reviewers rated 9/10.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom