Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Hellraiser

Arcane
rksp0.png

New breakthrough in technology (Kerbal Space Program update 0.19) allowed Space Agency of Polant to develop electric rover wheel. Here cosmonauts Darth Roxorowski and Monocausowski "volunteer" to test experimental rover deployment method named "coat hanger descent". Cosmonauts of Polant totally unphased by reentry plasma that envelop rover coat hanger as it get deorbited after launch into cosmos (its visual only until the devs start working on the new atmospheric model and heat shields in the near future).

rksp1.png

Use rocket engine after parachute slow down coat hanger assembly.

rksp2.png

Coat hanger landing work flawless and survive impact of ground, mostly.

rksp3.png

After some maneuver by cosmonaut driver Weba-3 Duna Rover drive out of mangled assembly. Electric engine powered by power of atom within Radioelectric Thermal Generator give it much power comrades. Capitalist of Kamerica, Kermany, Lenmark and Jakan jealous of Polant engineering.

rksp4.png

After climbing nearby mountain rover drive downhill at above 100 km/h then it hit steep cliff causing minor malfunction, front tire got broke. Also rear wheel completely destroyed. Cosmonaut warned not to attempt such risky shenenigans in future or face camp of labor.

rksp5.png

Technical thought of Markzism-Keninism also build mighty crane for assembly of base on other world (this one uses the KAS mod for the winch and electromagnet part). Attachment of two base module complete success, now engineer need to think how send crane into space and land on other planet. Will need big coat hanger probably.

Multi-headed Cow

Builders usually bore me but this one somehow keeps getting my attention. Worth playing?
If you've ever played an Anno game before, it's... Like that.

If you've never played an Anno game before, they're much more about managing resources and supplies than your average city builder. They've also got some light war elements to them but aren't really the main draw. For example in that picture, that's my oil island. I've completely shit all over the eco rating on the island and pump massive quantities of oil out which I both sell to the other factions in that game and process into plastics, which I have a cargo ship automated to pick up from that island and deliver to my main "City" island because the plastics are a commodity that higher quality citizens need to be happy, pulling in more tax money. I've also got a separate hamburger island where I mass produce hamburgers and ship to the mainland. Instead of just building things as you please and expanding as you want, you almost always feel the urge to expand more in Anno in my experience. There's always some resource you want more of, and if not, then you're probably expanding your city size which will increase your demands enough that you'll want to expand.

Can't really say if it's worth playing for you since I'm not sure what you want from it. While it isn't an "Exciting" game there's usually more things calling for your attention than the average city builder, so maybe it wouldn't bore you. Since the whole series (At least the 3 I've tried, 1701, 1404, and 2070) are pretty similar you can start from basically any of them to see if you like the feel of it. They also do multiplayer city building better than the new Sim City. Not only does it work well in-game since you can cooperatively trade/sell resources, it has worldwide in-game events elections and missions. Like there's a world president election and who gets voted in determines a bonus that everyone playing will get until the next election. It's not a huge deal but it's sort of cool.

Organ Trail :lol:
Click the Twitter button! TELL YOUR FRIEND WHAT YOU'RE DOING IN THE GAME!!!

Multi-headed Cow

What the. That's out? And playable? By human beings? How is it?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The Castle Story beta just came out for kickstarter backers.

It's KIND of playable, the basic structure is there, but the UI is very weird to use, and the little bros are insanely dumb, taking like 30 seconds to understand your order and pathifind their way into it. Still, is a very early biuld, and is already fun when you get the hang of it.

Multi-headed Cow

The Castle Story beta just came out for kickstarter backers.

It's KIND of playable, the basic structure is there, but the UI is very weird to use, and the little bros are insanely dumb, taking like 30 seconds to understand your order and pathifind their way into it. Still, is a very early biuld, and is already fun when you get the hang of it.
Cool beans. Hopefully they get it working well since it looked like it could be really neat.

ironyuri

tornado pls

D9D3B37C6C9CB1DD83C4D52BCDC027407E23F8AD

Builders usually bore me but this one somehow keeps getting my attention. Worth playing?

Yes, Anno 2070 is an incredibly worthy successor to Anno 1404/Venice.

It's the Anno equivalent of Alpha Centauri, and expanding the build options to the deep sea realm makes for more interesting gameplay.

Getting really high end production (for the Tycoons, for example, you need to be producing gold jewelry and vitamin supplements which require huge production chains spanning several islands and undersea plateaus) is challenging and rewarding.

The UbiSoft UPlay integration is actually excellent and (genuinely) innovative (forgive me). You vote on the main online community section on the game's main menu for President of the World Council from any three of the in-game factions, this is integrated into single player with actual benefits and actions you can take. You also get new quests from the Uplay servers when it cycles through "crisis" missions.

You need the Deep Ocean expansion though, as that is the only way you can buy shares in an opponent's island (conquering islands is very time consuming and frustrating as you don't have infantry units in this game).

If you're compelled by the game, get it on Gamer's Gate when it next goes on sale there, as the deal will be better than steam.

Hatguy is alright. There is still hope!

Sadly Hatguy was bitten five minutes later and incapacitated shortly before reaching the next landmark where we could rest and heal, maybe he would last until we reached the medics at Safe Haven if he wasn't such a pussy. Speaking of pussy, Goodwife wouldn't stop catching all sorts of diseases at the last stretch, you'd think she was sleeping around with the zeds while Blastoman was scavenging for food. Nevertheless,

ZOMBIE ACTIVITY IS LOW, GOTTA GO FAST

Oh thank god we reached Safe Haven, no more zomb-

:rage:

(a short, EXTREME shooting sequence later...)

:yeah:

...wha? :rpgcodex:

sser

Arcane
Developer
The Walking Dead game. Kinda spoilerish, I guess. A good, post-laid off pic for sure.

aHTtt70.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

WHAT, YOU THINK YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR ME BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE A QUEST COMPASS? I SEE HOW IT IS GOTHIC YOU SHIT

F841B90CF6FE489FB3B1AA83C21856408E078EE0

circ

Arcane
Earlier...
qncPdr8.jpg

Why Bethesda? There's nothing stopping me? Even BioWare stick walls and shit in your face so you know you can't GO THERE.

So. I make an Imperial. Decide to test out vampire. Turns out DAANGARD completely fucks over your skin textures though, as a vampire, and people say things like WOW YOU LOOK SO PALE WHATS WRONG WITH U? Except Bethesda in their infinite wisdom fuck it up and I'm actually more tanned as a vampire than I was before. HMMM. Also loving the continuing werewolf commentary from shitheads when I cured it days ago.

Well anyway, I try DAANGARD, join vampire faction because hey. Notice that vampire lord is even a bigger joke than werewolf. Fuck this. New vampire cha cha chaa. Fuck you DAANGARD.

TO12h3G.jpg

That's after replacing the vampire textures with some custom ones because they're hideous. And buggy too. Not that that fixes your fucked up skintone.

xFeuTOb.jpg

Chillaxing in Riften. Some people might call this buggy shit. Pete and Todd probably think it's HILARIOUS.

LBa2iiQ.jpg

Hey um dude. You're supposed to sit on the BENCH, near you.

h5Ayneq.jpg

As if the fucked up textures on the mannequins wasn't creepy enough. NOW THIS. WHAT. WHAT IS THIS? I DON'T EVEN

RTLl4fC.jpg

DUNGANS are tiny as hell. But you know, some are quite pretty. Like Lost Knife cave or something. I swam around, forgot I sneakarrowed a bandit into the water and WHAT THE FUCK?

uRX7CbO.jpg

Just got Aura whisper 2 or maybe 3? Decided to keep explorans. Found some Fornsworn here up the waterfall and another word wall. Was nice.

cjYTwOh.jpg

Also met this fine gentleman. He didn't make it.

So then against my better penis I decide to join Dark Dorkhood, instead of killing every single one of them like I did in a previous game, not that I've actually finished it a single time because sidejobs distract me. And wow I should just have killed the fuckers, again. Because damn Mage and Companion guilds are shit, thief isn't half bad actually, but Dorkhood is pure retardo. Fuck your Sithis and retarded baby vampire and clown jester. Although thief guild does decline heavily once Nightingale shit makes an entrance. So I guess I'm done with this character. Also got rid of vampirism because shit, insane sneak is nice and all, but I like looking a little normallo.

So it's back to BARBARIAN. Whom I hadn't played much actually.

fudczMU.jpg

YOU WANT SOME?? DIDN'T THINK SO.

pLXNCO4.jpg

YOU WANT SOME? FUCK YOU DRAGON.

Ydjj1st.jpg

WHAT'S THAT DWARVEN MASTER CENTURION?

OyHjKjV.jpg

YEAH THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT. PUSSY.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Nope, that's the Telltale adventure game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom