Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
Onto the Metal Age!

A bit prettier than the original, though, mission design seems a bit lazier. Also, TMA starts way easier than TDP, as Running Interference and Framed are probably the two easiest missions in all the Thief series.

Shipping ... and Receiving is still magnificent though!

sc7mseK.png

cEiHhct.jpg

P4h5Cov.png

4B8bi5V.png

WDgUZ7p.png

4Wn3z4i.png

QjVy7pn.png

oakAOV1.jpg

0xx8oFH.png

sh5pNpX.png

GdeyWc0.png

5goh5gH.png

uODGJUe.png

GCYy6OM.jpg

XxdQrAL.jpg

Ambush is next.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
b0rken sowrd 5: TEH ENDGAEM

(np low spoilerz (i think))

cDcXto.jpg

3d6O7o.jpg

zuRiaB.jpg

OG8jxj.jpg

There's obviously much more to this conversation, but it was pretty hilarious.

KhKAtO.jpg

:M

Q1xyyq.jpg

OhGodWhyBlackWithTextSS.png

MzYPN4.jpg

Off you go, little goat

Dnw213.jpg

cpig7f.jpg

:M

uorETk.jpg

YkKVII.jpg

:troll:

m1ilP3.jpg

LIBRULS

MyojYO.jpg

no, ur the homos

kbDxmh.jpg

@_@

a few sticks of dynamite and a minor explosion later

cG2Yqu.jpg

jOEYKs.jpg

H5Svni.jpg

WOOP WOOP

very gud gaem, would recommend

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
0aA3Z6U.jpg

Naughty Garret :troll:

There's nothing I loved doing more in Thief 3 than nailing the cat in Moira's mansion to the floor with a broadhead arrow.

Don't ask me why... I just did.

That cat was so annoying, always walking around me and meowing like he was an animal from Oblivion who wanted to report me for theft. So I had to silence him too.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
When HHR's ancestors moved to French Canada, a few family members decided to stay in Europe.

This man is a descendant of the latter.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Hey skacky how is that mod?
Got questions like - every mutants (boar especially) need dozen of buckshots in the head to die or get down after shot or two?
How is AI - cheating like always or working like LURK or ZoA where they got time reaction, decent accuracy etc.?
Heard that mod is inspired my Misery but the balance (like money) is better than infamous Misery 2.0?

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Hey skacky how is that mod?
Got questions like - every mutants (boar especially) need dozen of buckshots in the head to die or get down after shot or two?
How is AI - cheating like always or working like LURK or ZoA where they got time reaction, decent accuracy etc.?
Heard that mod is inspired my Misery but the balance (like money) is better than infamous Misery 2.0?

I already replied on the previous page. Mutants die easily when you use shotguns. AI is fine, stealth is pretty decent. It's not as hardcore as Misery, definitely. Economy makes a lot more sense but you have to scavenge a bit at the beginning of the game. Medkits cost a lot at the start, for example.

Hellraiser

Arcane
The Kestrel is getting shit done in FTL.

ftl2.png

End of sector 7, max shields, max weapons, max mind control, sufficient engines, Flak II, Burst laser II, Heavy Ion and Missiles. Flak II is amazing. That oxygen upgrade I got for free from some event.

ftl3.png

Why the fuck did I jump into a "rebel will control this beacon" beacon just after getting to sector 8. What the fuck was I thinking?

ftl1.png

My best run ever, fucked over by some punk ass elite rebel fighter before even engaging the rebel flagship. Fucking ASB!

:negative:

Though to be honest I really sould have bought a drone control and a defense drone mk I along the way. Missiles are too much of a bitch to deal with even if you dodge about 50% of them.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Return to Castle Merkwurdigwelt

(achtung, hueg screendump)

cIplF9.jpg

commencing infiltration

i35WUs.jpg

R4JpsP.jpg

fZbOgq.jpg

Those fkn spideroids can actually take a fuckton of punishment. Good that ammo is very much a non-issue in this game.

in957J.jpg

All this needs are swastikas on the banners.

3ys3jf.jpg

Gee, this fan looks

BLlDiF.jpg

dangerous :hmmm:

HAGwv8.jpg

MORE DESTRUCTION

La8sTJ.jpg

JC IT'S A BOMB!

iB5mea.jpg

Sorry boyz, ain't got time for yous.

This section is actually p. cool. The route out is not immediately apparent, and escaping the bullet hell all around you while avoiding falling into horrible deff is not that easy.

3KrMT9.jpg

But eventually Stranger gets behind a secure blastdoor.

xU5pVl.jpg

This looks auspicious.

ZdrG9m.jpg

D:

KqroiK.jpg

D: !!!!

blowing half of his ammo reserves on the fkn spideroids later

6VR0i3.jpg

YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE LONG ARM OF THE LAW! :outrage:

fJm33F.jpg

AYaCo2.jpg

oshi-

tNekzI.jpg

This final bossfight is actually p. popamole. You gotta hide behind conveniently falling debris to evade Sekto's pulse guns and horrible deathbeam of doom, wait for his two generators to overheat while he's charging the horrible deathbeam of doom, UNLEASH ALL FUREH on said gens, move behind new debris.

3J8S6m.jpg

DAi1FV.jpg

yWf80y.jpg

:obviously:

0XLIil.jpg

WAAAAAAAAAGH

WJ12c6.jpg

The dam soon bursts and the waters flood the valley.

MKD1lo.jpg

fuck you - ancient guard proverb

VnDAA1.jpg

m9WWC3.jpg

how pretty omg the day is saved:desu:

... yet something evil still lurks beneath the waters:mhd:

So yeah, this concludes Stranger's Wrath. Prob the weakest Oddworld game all in all. Its first half was cool, with the mock-up western setting/gameplay, but I really didn't like how it suddenly turned into a straight-up corridor shooter in the second half, especially considering the ammo types in this game are kinda shit for straight up shooting. There's very little reason to use the fuzzles, the chippunks and the stingbees when you can just use the AoE skunk + AoE bolamite + cap all bitches or point-blank kill them with the riotslugs.

I also don't think having a 'badass' character fits Oddworld much, where's my sneaking around sligs, saving mudokons and falling into death? In fact, where ARE my sligs, glukkons and mudokons? I dunno, the clackers and the outlaws in the first half were pretty lulzy, but it still wasn't quite "enough", and the native lizards and the Sekto security in the second half felt kinda tacked on, with very little characterization, and they really lacked all the subtle charm and character that made sligs stand out so much. The sligs were like the stormtroopers in all Dark Forces games - you KNOW they are all evil and rotten, but you can't help but like those assholes. Meanwhile, the enemies in Stranger's Wrath just feel like regular cannon fodder.

Idk, it still was amusing enough, but I'd rather have another platformer.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom