Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Some STALKER pics.

Do you SEE it?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Can't try it now (busy with StalkerSoup mod) so got questions - are the mutants resistant to shotgun and survive 7 bucks in the face? Enemies see'n'hear you everywhere and denie to sneak? Humans are so resistant to bullets that you need use shotgun with slugs to drop them down (srsly, it happen in my case in OGSE mod, assault rifles were basically useless except for underbarrel grenade launcher)

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Shotguns are VERY powerful in AA2, perhaps too powerful. Two shots in a Bloodsucker's face with a TOZ is enough to send it flying to the other end of a room. Stealth is actually pretty decent. Humans die rather easily as well.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Awor Szurkrarz Simulator 2014

A16B8A29CCE2A56170FF53EEA49A098BC7C594A4

0D6DAEA42E7AB49F5A9D7218484E06FD4F74A18B

28101E5988549622A7F781D18E3D166ABCB6FA47

Last edited:

octavius

Arcane
Patron
The Docks, a Thief 1 mission that's almost 15 years old. What's cool is that the author built cool stuff like railroad tracks, mechanical hoists, a ship and more just out of stock items and brushes. Love that kind of creativity. And it plays well for what it is, has a basic story that works even with all the crude architecture, and it even manages to be creepy in some places.

I remember that one, and it's one of the FMs I kept after I had a run through Komag's DVDs of Thief 1/2 FMs. Probably one of the oldest ones I saved, too.
Yeah, it's one of the earliest fan missions (except Gathering at the Bar) trying to create a cohesive world and gameplay challenge. Others from the same time tend to be the equivalent of rough doodles thrown together randomly. Even this one has a lot of rough edges.

I too remember The Docks. As you said rough around the edges, but the end product was an enjoyable FM. Of the really old Thief 1 FMs I remember Lord Edmund Entertains the best, though.

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! I helped put crap in Monomyth
I too remember The Docks. As you said rough around the edges, but the end product was an enjoyable FM. Of the really old Thief 1 FMs I remember Lord Edmund Entertains the best, though.
Yeah, the Lord Edmund series was one of the early greats - a sinister mansion mission followed by another one with varied environments. Now that I am going through my TDP mission collection and playing them randomly, I am realising there are way more badly designed attempts at throwing something together over a few days than I cared to remember. But every once in a while, you get little flashes of genius that come from a creative person exploring new territory. Modern missions, even the bad ones, are infinitely more polished, but they mostly lack these "oh wow, he made that thing out of terrain brushes" moments? (But this is probably not for the screenshot thread.)

Kirkpatrick

Cipher
Recently did a ghost(ish) video walkthrough of Thief Gold with NewDark, so here's bunch of screenshots from the game. It's still incredibly fun, looks beautiful (at least on my CRT monitor), and quite quite tough with NewDark. Or I just imagined that.

VX24bQB.jpg

r7PCMAq.jpg

xg5F3VE.png

yXg4EOc.png

hCmKwog.jpg

FpRoB2f.png

9KCMDHq.jpg

OnhK7u9.png

HAKg1f4.png

fAQ3KfJ.jpg

0up0Fl9.png

nQ35Q1i.jpg

BqrzJWS.png

bkYxHxI.png

S9BavkB.png

B0iMc3E.jpg

yU0WchD.jpg

1ub5QvH.png

LI32Ekz.png

POEgjMB.png

Pbe1vEq.jpg

td6or8w.jpg

p1SFOPr.png

D8byZ0g.jpg

aE0jgQg.jpg

9J82JSz.png

AbaRa2e.jpg

Qt6UTPP.png

a8S1XXd.png

iQbbGUF.jpg

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Totally enhanced water. This cringe worthy dialogue with Neera totally enhances the experience, too.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Looks like you've picked the right team for the enhanced experience too. Minsc, Anomen, Neela and Arie are probably the four most hated NPCs from BG2...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
b0rk sword5

9kvtTv.jpg

SLAM DUNK

tpEfsm.jpg

:M

yXvdUD.jpg

I really love the paintings and stuff in this game.

84iXUu.jpg

But then again, the graphixxx really kick ass overall.

catfood

AGAIN
How are the puzzles?

I mean I expect them to be easier than the ones in the predecessors, but are they like Broken (nice coincidence) Age "puzzles"?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
How are the puzzles?

I mean I expect them to be easier than the ones in the predecessors, but are they like Broken (nice coincidence) Age "puzzles"?

Actually, the puzzles are really good. Properly demanding, and give you the 'HA! GOTCHA BITCH!' feeling after you crack them. Really feels like waiting for this second part was worth it, although now I kinda regret that I played the first half on release instead of waiting for the full package :(

DraQ

Arcane

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Oddworld: True Grit edition

wXtkA8.jpg

Boyz, I dun think we're in Kansas anymore.

1Pm19s.jpg

Doc Vykker (jew)

WH1IiR.jpg

I WANNA GET STUCK IN WITH DA BOYZ

aH1iTe.jpg

BURNAS D:

QPBJah.jpg

Gotta love them conveniently placed explobarrels

Na50AB.jpg

D:

T5euKR.jpg

mq9m8X.jpg

Vun5es.jpg

You can't escape the long arm of DA LAW:kwafuckyeah:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, CoD: MW3 Multiplayer is fucking amazing. Both CoD and Battlefield are dudebro, but at least this is lulzy awesomeness.

29bod2s.jpg

37 kills/6 deaths, including 18 kills in Juggernaut Recon Armor, and accused of hacking. Must have been some great trolling to see everybody's ass getting whipped with a shitty ass pistol and being unable to die:dance:

How did I miss it, some alerts apparently don't work.

Anyway...

I give you a Medal of Honor for your Call of Duty on the Battlefield at the Enemy Territory and for outstanding performance as a Full Spectrum Warrior in Americas Army leading Counter Strike.

:kwanzania:

DraQ

Arcane
So, CoD: MW3 Multiplayer is fucking amazing. Both CoD and Battlefield are dudebro, but at least this is lulzy awesomeness.

29bod2s.jpg

37 kills/6 deaths, including 18 kills in Juggernaut Recon Armor, and accused of hacking. Must have been some great trolling to see everybody's ass getting whipped with a shitty ass pistol and being unable to die:dance:

How did I miss it, some alerts apparently don't work.

Anyway...

I give you a Medal of Honor for your Call of Duty on the Battlefield at the Enemy Territory and for outstanding performance as a Full Spectrum Warrior in Americas Army leading Counter Strike.

Get off my train!

s6zxudo.png

Qt9efgV.png

Rushed the ending a bit, so no S/L or teleporting back and forth to keep everyone in a good condition. Whatever.

PuUIDD3.png

Look at all those achievements. Look at them.

bppLGY1.png

:kingcomrade:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom