Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Okay bitches, it's Starcraft time

sqeecoo

Arcane
Woohoo, got starcraft to run! Now whose naked pictures do I have to see to get to play with you guys?

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
sqeecoo said:
Woohoo, got starcraft to run! Now whose naked pictures do I have to see to get to play with you guys?

Hop on #fallout @ Gamesurge. We'll probably play later tonight.

KreideBein

Scholar
Chinese Jetpilot said:
KB learned an important lesson today.

Let's see... don't let people live in an FFA game even if they're begging to be left alive so that they can "spectate".

Atrokkus

Erudite
aww come on, kc. you can easily counter huge carrier fleets with scourge if the toss is nooby and doesnt have any counter for that. (havent seen a single game where toss would go carriers against zerg and win heh).

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Yeah I've been taking out carrier fleets left of right with plague, scourge, an hydralisks, however it's really annoying since all FFA games are basically everyone vs. kingcomrade (other people almost never attack each other, they just sit in their base until they have carriers then attack me).

What's even dumber is that they say, "Hey, we have to use these weird gimmicky cheese tactics in order to win against you!" They don't realize that the weird gimmicky cheese tactics is the reason they lose.

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
kingcomrade said:
Yeah I've been taking out carrier fleets left of right with plague, scourge, an hydralisks, however it's really annoying since all FFA games are basically everyone vs. kingcomrade (other people almost never attack each other, they just sit in their base until they have carriers then attack me).

What's even dumber is that they say, "Hey, we have to use these weird gimmicky cheese tactics in order to win against you!" They don't realize that the weird gimmicky cheese tactics is the reason they lose.
Well, we've had two games yesterday. It took us (me and Dani) 10 minutes to scare Nicolai :) and destroy your base. Still it wasn't very enjoyable game. The second one, where you dominated the Lost Temple, played against me and Nicolai (in fact), was much more interesting, no? I don't mean those 30 minutes or so, which I spent locked on a small island in the corner, though :D

EDIT: forgot what I wanted to say while writing the post, heh.
There were no battlecruisers or carriers in the first game, but I had some in the second. So, carriers don't make or spoil the game, imo.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Flashback said:
Well, we've had two games yesterday. It took us (me and Dani) 10 minutes to scare Nicolai :) and destroy your base.

Was that the one where I got a CTD some ~10 minutes into the match? Had just finished dropping off my troops in a certain lagpig's base when disaster struck. The damn game had it in for me.

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Nicolai said:
Flashback said:
Well, we've had two games yesterday. It took us (me and Dani) 10 minutes to scare Nicolai :) and destroy your base.

Was that the one where I got a CTD some ~10 minutes into the match? Had just finished dropping off my troops in a certain lagpig's base when disaster struck. The damn game had it in for me.

No, of course not, we stopped playing back then and KC created a new one. I was talking about this "new one".

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I guess I'm going to have to stop playing Zerg in FFA, considering there's a Protoss strat (and everyone plays Protoss) which Zerg can't counter. As soon as Nicolai and Pooper figure it out or see metallix do it there's not going to be much point in playing Zerg any more.

no

Novice
kingcomrade said:
We need more players. Jasede, Kreide, Flashback, and no have disappeared.
I've been busy roleplaying a meat-entity in that strange analogical reality that exists beyond the virtual, but I'll join up in a few days.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
kingcomrade said:
I guess I'm going to have to stop playing Zerg in FFA, considering there's a Protoss strat (and everyone plays Protoss) which Zerg can't counter. As soon as Nicolai and Pooper figure it out or see metallix do it there's not going to be much point in playing Zerg any more.
Psi Storm? That's usually what I do when playing a Zerg (or anything for that matter, if the game lasts long enough for me to get enough High Templars). You guys all play the low resource maps though. The only people who have fun on those are people who know how to rape you in under 5 minutes with Mutalisks. IE: Koreans.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
No, mass corsairs and dark templar (with psi storm and dragoon backup, of course, because hydralisks get murdered by them). You can get away with defending your base because of spore towers but attacking a protoss is impossible. In 1v1 you can keep Protoss from getting too many corsairs (if you are really good....the last three PvZ replays I've watched have also been the Zerg getting raped by corsairs) and such but in FFA it's just not gonna happen.

DaniShorel

Novice
kingcomrade said:
In 1v1 you can keep Protoss from getting too many corsairs (if you are really good....the last three PvZ replays I've watched have also been the Zerg getting raped by corsairs) and such but in FFA it's just not gonna happen.
Was it Bisu vs sAviOr ?

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I will say again that corsairs (or perhaps zerg's inability to deal with air) are imbalanced. I took a fleet of about five or six corsairs into Jasede's base, which had two spore colonies and a couple hydralisks and was able to rape his entire overlord fleet while only taking a single casualty. This was after completely raping his massive mutalisk air fleet with also only one loss.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
Yeah, Corsairs are pretty much invulnerable when fully upgraded (weapons, armor and plasma).

Protoss is a pretty fun race when it all comes down to it. Their defense towers are somewhat weak, but can attack ground + air units and also function as detectors. They have the permanently invisible Dark Templars, the incredibly powerful Reavers, and the nigh unbeatable Carrie-- multi headed dicks hitting ass and thigh oh god its heaven

Atrokkus

Erudite
Yeah, Corsairs are pretty much invulnerable when fully upgraded (weapons, armor and plasma).
in 1x1 you usually dont have enough time to get full upgrades and they arent necessary. just make sure you got maximum aerial attack upgrade or at least 2

the incredibly powerful Reavers,
Yah but only when controllled right. You can just send them with the flow.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Corsairs are pretty much invulnerable when fully upgraded (weapons, armor and plasma).
Jeez you don't even need to bother with all that. Corsairs have a huge number of hit points for their cost. Upgrade their attack and taking one or two casualties is acceptable when you're blowing up entire overlord fleets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom