Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Official 'dex Dwarf Fortress Thread

Discussion in 'Space, Sims & City Builders' started by Perkel, May 20, 2016.

1. Make America Great Again Perkelgender: ⚧ Arcane

Perkel
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Vampire Hammerlords make for awesome killing squad to handle evil biome FUN!

Though i would create enclave for normal dwarves first as i think you can't have ALL dwarves as vampires or wareasses. I think you need at least one normal unit to not have game over screen.

Also if you want mega fun try to play evil biome near oceans. Having gigantic evil clutchu to fight seems like a lot of FUN!

^ Top  
  2. imajiagender: ⚧ Educated

imajia
    Parrots:
    No need for manual dumping, that's what the winded retractable bridge at the entrance is for. On the level bellow is the same setup with the "smasher". Although it doesn't guarantee that all fights take place where I want, it helps a lot.
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

As fas as I know, artefacts made out of dwarf bone can only happen as a result of a fell mood. Never got one of those. Especially in the current version you have to try really hard to make them unhappy.

^ Top  
  3. Make America Great Again Perkelgender: ⚧ Arcane

Perkel
    Parrots:
    I remember once getting lead war hammer artifact. Shit was amazing with people flying everywhere undersiege.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Balorgender: ⚧ Arcane

Balor
    Parrots:
    Is it possible to have a slade warhammer?

^ Top  
  5. RoBoBOBRgender: ⚧ Learned

RoBoBOBR
    Parrots:
    no. either RAW tuning or DFhack are needed for that.

^ Top  
  6. Make America Great Again Perkelgender: ⚧ Arcane

Perkel
    Parrots:
    Actually you can. Just place slade in stockpile and connect that stockpile to metalsmith. When dwarves get in moon as long as it isn't fey mood he will follow stockpile rules. Imo it is a bug but it works.
    Obviously you can't make "normal" warhammer from slade. It needs to be artifact.

In case of my lead warhammer it was made without stockpile rules so i was very very very very lucky when i got it as chance for something like wood was much much much much higher.

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I'm really looking forward to the update. Now you will be able to send dwarves on missions from your mountain home, and artifacts will now be created in the world for you to collect, or get robbed off.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. imajiagender: ⚧ Educated

imajia
    Parrots:
    That's one of the more irritating "features" of Dwarf Fortress (beside the re-animated wool and frozen human blood rain in certain bioms): migrants are dumping their baby on the edge of the map and rush to the fortress. The baby then crawls slowly to the entrance. In this case while leaving a trail of vomit. Finally the brat got picked up by its mother...
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
    Is there a way to get Dwarf equip gauntlets and boots without having them to replace their complete outfit?

For some reason my Dwarves are okay with putting on chest pieces, helmets and stuff like that over normal clothing, but gauntlets and boots ... no way sir.

^ Top  
  10. Space Satangender: ⚧ Arcane

Space Satan
    Parrots:
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. imajiagender: ⚧ Educated

imajia
    Parrots:
    what this diagram doesn't mention is that they won't replace their shoes they alreay wear with their high boots. SO in the end you're forced to select "replace clothing".

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again Alienmangender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Parrots:
  13. Make America Great Again Perkelgender: ⚧ Arcane

Perkel
    Parrots:
    It is annoying armor system bug that is not fixed since ages. You need to use replace option and then switch back to that previous option. If you don't and you lack some piece of clothing they might wear your armor but they will run without clothes etc.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)