Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Official Codex RIFT Guild (EU) Thread

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
RIFT is going free 2 play with a decent F2P model on June 12. Accordingly, a couple of popamole Codexers have learned to stop worrying and love the MMO and gone together in a guild. Join us or die.

We're scrambling to get the guild up and running for real right now, but everything's progressing smoothily. We'll use this thread for general communication, and I'll update the OP with members and other relevant information as needed... Also, the few non-Codex members can use this thread as their point of origin for Kritikal Kodex Konnektion.

Everybody is welcome!

Server: Bloodiron for now. This is likely to change when RIFT goes F2P (server transfer is easy in RIFT), but Bloodiron is where people are gathered for now.

Faction: Guardian (theoretically guardians and defiant can guild together, but there are a couple of problems on a PVP server, so we might switch when this goes F2P).

How to get invited: All full members of the guild can invite, so it's as easy as posting your character name in this thread and someone will invite you ASAP.

NB.: You can probably still score yourself a free copy of RIFT's expansion by following the steps here.

Members so far:

30+ now. Will update this thread with some member info once things settle down.

Classes we need:

We got pretty much everything so far. As always, dedicated healers and supports will get lottsa love <3

Professions we need:

We need someone to take up the mantle of Runecrafting the most - one or two toons would be cool. Runecrafting is expensive as fuck but also really solid, so we need someone to do that. The money-farms (aka those with three gathering skills) should be able to feed the runecrafters expenses via guild funds, but everyone from the guild should also leave him items and shit for disenchanting.

We could also use one or more apothecaries.

Guild Perks:

Planar Protection and Journeyman. So far we're not really experienced enough to do anything baller here!

Goals at the minute:

Guild bank and guild quests are progressing well.

(paging anus_pounder, Mystary!, Juul, Zewp, shihonage, yeye, rashiakas (I owe you 5 plat, should have them soon), Bratislav, Mantiis)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
PVP server? Uh, have fun :D

As I wrote in the OP, we will probably transfer once this goes F2P (since some people here are cowards apparantly :rpgcodex:), but right now most of the people are gathered there.

Also, it seems like the PVP servers are basically identical to PVE right now, except for the unfortunate lack of grouping between guardian and defiant. I haven't encountered a single gank or anything of the sort and the forums says the same. Open world PVP seems effectively dead :P

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ah, I just have nightmarish memories of gangrape when we leveled as defiant on pvp server with 3/1 Guardian population. I'll transfer my level 40 Warrior later so you guys have a tank for instance runs.

asxetos

Augur
I have a lvl 50 mage on icewatch that is also a runecrafter.
That character is locked until the game goes f2p though.
I will probably start leveling a cleric alt this weekend.

I highly suggest you chose a high population server, even if that means having to queue for login.
Rift has loads of outdoor open-world content and it is just sad to play on a low/med server.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Woah, why is everyone playing mage? Well, regardless, I'm a spellsword mage, so I'm (mostly) melee.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ah, I just have nightmarish memories of gangrape when we leveled as defiant on pvp server with 3/1 Guardian population. I'll transfer my level 40 Warrior later so you guys have a tank for instance runs.

Cool. I won't be playing that much until June 3 since I have exams and have to read a lot.

I have a lvl 50 mage on icewatch that is also a runecrafter.
That character is locked until the game goes f2p though.
I will probably start leveling a cleric alt this weekend.

I highly suggest you chose a high population server, even if that means having to queue for login.
Rift has loads of outdoor open-world content and it is just sad to play on a low/med server.

Plenty of people for stuff on Bloodiron so far, and I think it will get to high once F2P launches. But as already stated: We will wait until after F2P launches, take a look at the server situation, and then transfer as needed.

I would join you guys but im on defiant side, maybe sometimes in the future.

I think we can guild still actually. Are you on Bloodiron? Then gimme your charname, I'll try to send you an invite.

anus_pounder

Arcane
You can't even friend people on the other side. Trust me, I tried to friend you as a Defiant. It gave me an error message saying that player is on the other faction.

Emily

Arcane
I only play on PvP servers, since i played ice mage on WoW back in the day. So if you guys plan on switching i am not really sure where to go..
I like pvp the most in these sort of games, especially end game pvp.
Also i again rolled mage lol..
What's up with mages everyone has one.

yeye

Augur
I've got a 22 defiant warrior on Icewatch so I'll see you if you decide to switch to a pve server.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
pve/pvp server what's the fucking difference.
grow some god damn balls.

yeye

Augur
The difference is I'd have to make a new character if I wanted to play with Grunker and co. If they move to a pve server, I wouldn't. Simple as that. Hell, if it were just me I might suck it up but there are at least two more guys in the same situation here. Have all of us reroll for the vague hope you'd get to gank some lowbies once you're at max level and bored? Open world pvp sucks and I say that having played exclusively on pvp servers in any mmo I've played.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
^ I don't think it's necessarily impossible that guilds will work with Defiants even though friend invites won't. Can someone test it? I'm reading for my exams, so I can't ATM :(

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So will this hold my interest for more than an hour?

It's an extremely polished WoW clone with an interesting character system and More Shit To Do. YMMV.

That should have told you everything you needed to know about whether this game was for you or not :P

I enjoy it quite a bit, hanging out with Codex and IRL bros doin' shit.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I hated it at first, but I'm actually starting to like it now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom