Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Motorsport Manager (PC)

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
MM_2018_03_24_17_52_08_35.jpg

I am currently doing my second major playthrough and just wanted to say that this is an immensely great game.

I already cracked the 200 hour mark and it only got more interesting when I got better. While the formula appears simplistic the true beauty is that your decisions play out on the racetrack and that part is done extremely well.

I would probably not much good about the vanilla game but the modding scene is also great, and adds the missing pieces. Currently doing my second season in the 1982 mod and loving every race.

MM_2018_03_23_19_08_01_82.jpg

fN31jn

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Didn't a recent update break a lot of the mods?

I wanted to start a new game with the Alpha Romeo Classic Team mod but couldn't - I could however continue my old savegame with the same mod, strange.

Burning Bridges

Possible, but my mods got updated.

The only thing I didn't understand was how the Ferrari F1C-88 disappeared from workshop. So I must never unsubscribe it.

Burning Bridges

Unfortunately my game now bugs out with a CTD everytime I try to advance to the third season. The crash is absolutely unavoidable, always happens on the same day.

I had a lot of fun in those two seasons but long term stability is dubious. Yes I used mods, but there seem to be many people who have the exact same problems without them. I will wait a few months and see if they update the executable so it can handle small problems. Still great game I just cannot get myself to play this vanilla, the fantasy drivers look simply too retarded.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Been playing this again lately.

Slowly working my way up the track in the 3rd division. Starting with a base of 1 for components makes the first few seasons pretty tough.

Game seems to have been deserted by the devs, but it's not too bad.

Burning Bridges

Especially with the mods its really a great game. With Chris Fire mod 2017 I got a full run of 6 yeasons from F2 to eventually becoming top dog in F1 and winning the championship.

What brings this game down and made me not want to play anymore were the endless loading times and delays between mundane actions. You cannot move fast through things that you have done already 1000s of times and it becomes a chore.

Riso

Arcane
I don't think you understand. The game seems hardcoded to make the engine be the absolute most important part.
Everything else can be shit on the car but if the engine is the best you will win.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I don't think you understand. The game seems hardcoded to make the engine be the absolute most important part.
Everything else can be shit on the car but if the engine is the best you will win.

And if everything else is 'top 3' but your engine sucks, you'll still fight for 15th place. It's engine >> drivers >> other stuff.

A bit of a trap for new players, because the engine is the most expensive and takes the longest to improve, so you start developing other parts first.

i don't think you understand. the game seems hardcoded to be a f1 management simulation.

Riso

Arcane
If that was remotely realistic, Williams with its Mercedes engine would have never fallen below P5 instead of rounding out the grid at P19/20 at every race.
And Red Bull would have never won four titles with their aero advantage despite only having a middling Renault.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom