Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's get off this stinkin' planet in The Creed

zwanzig_zwoelf

Something to help you set the mood.

Your name is Guy Wolfe, a bounty hunter, a man who gets the job done.
After escaping the Skandalon disaster, you find yourself (and your trophy) on the planet Outpost IV, and to make matters worse you are in the city of Cerberus, a city known to be one of the most dangerous places in the galaxy. It also is rumoured to be a dying world. You realize that your only means of escape lies with one of the three powerful Factions that rule this planet. To contact them you must find a Holo-Terminal in either the Enforcer Station, the War Store or the VR Arcade in the Recreational Multiplex.

But first, you gotta survive the crash... and whatever happens next.

Chapters:
Chapter 1: Welcome to the Cerberus.
Chapter 2: The Probation
Chapter 3: The Routine / The Promotion
Chapter 4: Follow me!

Expect the next chapter on Thursday 2014.

Last edited by a moderator:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Chapter 1: Welcome to the Cerberus
The_Creed_2014-01-26_21-21-27.png

You find yourself near the pod that you shared together. It seems that Gene Matrix, your trophy, is not very happy to see you.

av-matrix.jpg
Wolfe, you son of a bitch! We have some unfinished business.
av-wolfe.jpg
HA! You may have escaped the Skandalon, but I never loose a prisoner. I'm retiring on your bounty, bitch. Give it up.
av-matrix.jpg
Then you'll be waiting a long time, fucker... You're not taking me in again!
av-wolfe.jpg
Well we'll just see about that!

Hey Sarge! There's the pod!

The_Creed_2014-01-26_21-21-37.png

Just two cops in a pretty bad mood. Nothing you two can't handle though.

av-cop.jpg
HALT! This is the Cerberus Colonial Police. You have breached Earth Federation Planetary Entry Law 84/b. You are under arrest.
av-wolfe.jpg
Screw you.
av-cop.jpg
Tag 'em and bag 'em.
The_Creed_2014-01-26_21-21-54.png

There is nothing more effective than a quick kick in the balls. The cop lies still while the rats devour his body, and we grab a pistol to defend ourselves. Suddenly, we notice that neither Gene nor another cop are doing anything. It shouldn't bother us - we should get the fuck out of here - our shoulder is hit. Nothing dangerous, but medical treatment is still needed.

The_Creed_2014-01-26_21-22-19.png

However, on our way we meet a mysterious old man, known in our world as Crispy.

av-wolfe.jpg
What do you want, old fart?
av-oldman.jpg
YOU MUST FLEE THIS WORLD WHILE YOU CAN! THE ANCIENT STONE OBELISK WILL SHOW YOU! THE END IS COMING... WATCH THE STONE!
av-wolfe.jpg
Fuck this, I'm outta here.

The_Creed_2014-01-26_21-22-52.png

We have survived the first encounter, but it's a matter of time before we get killed unless we find a job... and a doctor.

Let's take a look at the map.
The_Creed_2014-01-26_21-23-42.png

The_Creed_2014-01-26_21-23-29.png

On our way we meet a man, who's ready to rip the crap out of the poor girl. Should we defend her, like a noble knight? Should we join the party, like a lowly thug?
Nope, we'll move along. There are tons of people getting killed, why bother?

The_Creed_2014-01-26_21-24-34.png

At last, we reach the good doctor, who's busy staring at things. Creepy guy, to say the least.

av-wolfe.jpg
What are you lookin' at?
av-md.jpg
You don't work here!
av-wolfe.jpg
Nope.
av-md.jpg
What are you doing here?
av-wolfe.jpg
Give me a medkit.
av-md.jpg
This should help you. Get out. NOW!

We leave the good doctor in peace, since he helped us for free... without any additional 'persuasion'.
The_Creed_2014-01-26_21-25-32.png

Holey Crapooley, the peace doesn't last long for us. When we reach the Amusement Center, there is a damn gang war going on. A bullet accidentally hits us when we try to sneak by. We wait patiently until the guys kill each other and loot some weapons - a shotgun and a flamethrower.
The_Creed_2014-01-26_21-26-28.png

We have finally reached the Holo-Terminal, and we're ready to take our first job soon.

Update #1
TIME TO MAKE YOUR CHOICE, SOLDIER!
You can choose one of the 3 factions that are in constant war between each other.

icon-brotherhood.jpg

The Brotherhood. Also known as dicksmokers from Gothic.
A bunch of hippie faggots in tunics, who can cast fireballs out of their asses, but they still have to use weapons and shit, cuz their asses are soft and tight.

icon-order.jpg

The Order. Also known as redheads.
Guys wearing black clothes, who can cast fireballs and bombs out of their asses, but they still prefer knives and SMGs to enforce the will of Infernal Lord on the Cerberus.

And finally...

icon-govenment.jpg

The Government, one and only.
Actually, they are just a bunch of thugs in suits who watched too much Miami Police and other cop TV series, but they seem to have a grip over the place, which means you can get $$$, girls, cars and weapons much easier.

Go on and choose, glorious Codexia.

Last edited by a moderator:

LundB

Mistakes were made.
The Government.

Suits, money, brutal repression of the commoners, what's not to like?

lightbane

Arcane
For once let's go against the clichés of cyberpunk/grimdark/dyastopic/futuristic settings and help the Government. What's the worst that could happen?

:troll:

LundB

Mistakes were made.
For once let's go against the clichés of cyberpunk/grimdark/dyastopic/futuristic settings and help the Government.
You have no idea how badly I wish this was an option in more games. Part of why Syndicate (the original, not the bloom-filled FPS) has a special place in my heart. My one hope for CDProjekt's Cyberpunk game is that a corporate/government route will be an option, and I don't mean in the 'You start out working for them, but are forced to turn against them because that's how the story is meant to go so fuck you.' bullshit way.
The first time I played Deus Ex, I shot Paul in the face the moment he finished flapping his traitorous tongue outside Lebedev's jet. I'm still somewhat bitter the game god-moded him there.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
So you finnaly decided to make LP.
Will watch.

And why u asking 'bout other options than govmt?

Jester

Arbiter
The Government, one and only.
Be friendly with rest of fractions Sengoku Rance style.
:troll:

zwanzig_zwoelf

So, the final choice is... the Government.

Chapter 2: The Probation
The Government is pleased to see a new recruit, but we will need to prove our worth to serve them.
Creed%202014-01-28%2002-42-19-12.png

Luckily, the task seems pretty simple.
Creed%202014-01-28%2002-42-24-24.png

Creed%202014-01-28%2002-42-51-16.png

Creed%202014-01-28%2002-43-16-22.png

Of course, you can scroll the list of targets/contacts too, but I kinda ignore that all the time.

Don't forget to set the mood.

We go to the Recreational Multiplex NW corner and meet Zeliphin, our contact.
Creed%202014-01-28%2002-43-42-90.png

As you will notice, almost each mission will require us to meet the contact before proceeding.

av-wolfe.jpg
I'm here for the job.
av-govtfootman.jpg
Bug him with this.

We receive a bug, a tracker and a knife.
Tracker is one of the most useful things in the game, since it can track people - think of it as a quest marker. Without this tracker the game becomes either hard in a good way (e.g. you follow someone, and need to remain vigilant), or unbearable (bug the right guy among 50 ppl who look like him).

But today is our lucky day, and the guy came earlier, which allows us to bug him without any problems. On or way a dumbass with a knife and shitty haircut wanted us to empty our pockets, but we ignored him.
Of course, we'd gladly kill him, but if the cops will spot that we attacked first, we'll turn to bacon in the matter of seconds.
Creed%202014-01-28%2002-45-07-77.png

Instead of wasting our time, we need to go to the Debriefing room in the Government HQ.
Creed%202014-01-28%2002-45-46-75.png

Luckily, we don't receive any 'good boi, you will go far' bullshit. We are here for the job - not for patting and asskissing.
Creed%202014-01-28%2002-46-39-65.png

What happens now? Hiring a new recruit of bugging some other guy? It's up to you, Codexia. CHOOSE.
Creed%202014-01-28%2002-50-27-96.png

Oh boi, I don't know what you'll choose next, but I feel like I'll get buttraped.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
B
because "strategic" sounds cool and you may become some kind of puppet master
And get even more choices

zwanzig_zwoelf

Chapter 3: The Routine / The Promotion
Get in the mood.

It's time to get a new task, and Codexia has chosen to hire a new employee.
Creed%202014-01-29%2003-02-48-86.png

Let's see what the Government has to say.
Creed%202014-01-29%2003-02-59-61.png

Creed%202014-01-29%2003-03-06-34.png

Creed%202014-01-29%2003-03-15-98.png

Picking up a briefcase, giving it to a good doctor, then running off? Pfft, what a load of crap. But now when you think of it, a thug from the street doesn't deserve a better task.
Let's head off.
Creed%202014-01-29%2003-04-54-14.png

Creed%202014-01-29%2003-05-22-34.png

If you read the briefing carefully, you have two contacts on this mission. Since I managed to snag 5 weapons already (a knife, a pistol, a shotgun, a flamethrower and an SMG), I don't need to grab more, so I'll ignore the one who gives the weapons.
We approach the other contact near the bank, avoiding any possible contact with anyone else (the thug around the corner looked suspicious).
Creed%202014-01-29%2003-05-40-19.png

av-wolfe.jpg
Give me the briefcase.
av-govtfootman.jpg
Looking good, soldier.

We ignore that comment and take the case. The doctor is on his way to the medical center, so it's best to avoid running around and intercept his right there.
Creed%202014-01-29%2003-06-13-88.png

av-wolfe.jpg
Yo bro, whaddya know?
av-md.jpg
Yes? What do you want?
av-wolfe.jpg
Here's what you were after. [You give him the briefcase]
av-md.jpg
I'm on the job, then.

After doing this simple task, you're returning back to the HQ to report about your actions.
Speaking of actions, there was an opportunity to buy a rifle with those monies, but that would destroy the relationship with the government. We should rather wait until they hand it to us.

We meet Miss Grülok in the debriefing room. She's a pretty girl with red hair, but the first impression is destroyed with her own stupidity.
Creed%202014-01-29%2003-06-51-82.png

av-grulok.jpg
Greetings, friend!

WHAT?! I just arrived here, and you're already trying to jump on my cock, bitch?

av-wolfe.jpg
Screw you.

As Miss Grülok is signing off your papers and leaves the room, you... go get another mission.
Since there is no choice for the next mission, I decided to take it right now...

Creed%202014-01-29%2003-09-22-32.png

Creed%202014-01-29%2003-10-22-36.png

What. The. Fuck.
What if I want to know more about erotic culinary implements? Oh well, I'll beg the Government for the extra copy later.

Ignore my tracker, I didn't use it for the last couple of missions.
Creed%202014-01-29%2003-11-11-22.png

A cop is shooting some woman. Nothing wrong with that - the law here only answers to itself.
Creed%202014-01-29%2003-11-25-57.png

We reach Greta Novel-Reid, almost killing a faggot in tunic on the way. The bastard was waiting for us - we should grab the book and get to HQ ASAP.
Creed%202014-01-29%2003-12-52-34.png

av-wolfe.jpg
Got any books on ladle fetishes?
av-greta.jpg
Enjoy your book.

We grab that book and run. Meanwhile, the shit breaks loose around you, and the only right choice is to... run, right.
Creed%202014-01-29%2003-13-36-50.png

Creed%202014-01-29%2003-14-08-72.png

av-govtfootman.jpg
Give me the book.
[You give it to him] Keep up the good work, soldier.

Now you're Guy Wolfe, the Government Soldier. To celebrate your success, you can go get drunk and wild, but... fuck it, let's read the job advertisement.
Creed%202014-01-29%2003-14-30-71.png

Now, we have new missions available. What mission should we pick, Codexia?
Creed%202014-01-29%2004-02-20-34.png
So? :smug:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
B)
Could choose other option but doubt he's interesing NPC - or any other, based on your uploads - nor good written story.

Jester

Arbiter
B A i guess lets blow some people up.

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

If I were you, I'd choose A. It comes with a bloodbath and beating the crap out of the civilians.

lightbane

Arcane
A for a change and to take something less obvious. So, how is the gameplay like? The AI? The combat?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom