Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's get off this stinkin' planet in The Creed

zwanzig_zwoelf

A for a change and to take something less obvious. So, how is the gameplay like? The AI? The combat?
Imagine the Biohazard 1-3 controls and graphics in Deus Ex world (but even darker) with elements from GTA (open world, car controls, mission structure).
The AI is almost plain stupid, but it can rape you pretty quickly if you try to play heroics.
Did I mention that the game has rolling? There is also my favorite trick - 360 roll (you roll around the circle while shooting enemies and being a less obvious target).

iqzulk

Augur
The curious thing about this game is that I haven't managed to find the credits (list of all the developers) to it absolutely anywhere. Not on the Web, not in the game itself.

zwanzig_zwoelf

The curious thing about this game is that I haven't managed to find the credits (list of all the developers) to it absolutely anywhere. Not on the Web, not in the game itself.
I noticed that too. If the credits aren't in the game itself, then I know names of 3 guys, who worked on the game (not sure if there are more).
Couldn't get in touch with them to ask some questions concerning the game, though.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I know you've been waiting for this for quite some time.

Chapter 4: Follow me!

Get in the mood, you piece of shit.

Codexia chose a shitty mission, and after I managed to beat it, I realized I took no screens of it. So I chose another one, more appropriate for this task.

Let's see what the Government wants us to do for them.
2014-03-21_17-47-32.png

2014-03-21_17-47-44.png

We head out from the Recreational Multiplex to see what kind of shitty equipment our contact has for us.
2014-03-21_17-49-53.png

2014-03-21_17-50-38.png

av-wolfe.jpg
I'll take it from here.
av-govtfootman.jpg
Here you go.
av-wolfe.jpg
A shotgun? You better give me something better than that next time.

Before we head out to see what this Doctor McDoogle is up to, we decided to get some meds from the Casualty Ward.
2014-03-21_17-51-10.png

Creed%202014-03-21%2017-51-48-22.png

av-md.jpg
Y... You again?
av-wolfe.jpg
Shut up and give me a medkit.

After receiving a shitty treatment, we start looking for this Doctor McDildo or what was his name.
Creed%202014-03-21%2017-52-30-40.png

That doesn't take long. We quickly find the crap doctor, who will soon become a wife of 3 evil gingerheads. Unfortunately, our mission is to keep him alive, but the game designers didn't think that tasteful rape scene would improve the game.
Creed%202014-03-21%2017-53-44-75.png

av-md.jpg
D...DON'T COME NEAR ME!!!
av-brotherhood.jpg
KILL THE BASTARD!

After we deal with this bunch of faggots, we realize that the doctor pissed his pants and in no condition to think straight.
Creed%202014-03-21%2017-54-09-82.png

av-wolfe.jpg
Follow me.
av-md.jpg
av-wolfe.jpg
I SAID FOLLOW ME YOU PIECE OF SHIT!
av-md.jpg
D... Don't you know who I am?!

A doctor who pissed his pants, apparently.
But I have a cure for you.
A punch in the face and a good kick in the balls.
Creed%202014-03-21%2017-54-37-24.png

av-md.jpg
W... WHAT DO YOU WANT?!
av-wolfe.jpg
I'm gonna stomp your ass if you won't follow me.
av-md.jpg
Ok... ok... stop... I'll do it.

Instead of letting him suck the cock and calm down we drag this little bitch back to the HQ.
Creed%202014-03-21%2017-55-53-03.png

av-govtfootman.jpg
Well done. Keep up the good work.

Now that the Government has that scumbag back in their hands, they can show him the error in his ways, and make that rape attempt by Brotherhood seem like a walk in the park. But that shouldn't concern us, though, we'd enjoy stomping his ass and pissing on his face.
Creed%202014-03-21%2017-56-12-54.png

Back in Recreational Multiplex, our only home since that Skandalon disaster.
Creed%202014-03-21%2018-01-19-97.png

I reached a point where I don't know how the game continues (I tried one of those missions and failed miserably).
Creed%202014-03-21%2018-01-25-05.png

Your turn, Codexia.

tred

Augur
For once let's go against the clichés of cyberpunk/grimdark/dyastopic/futuristic settings and help the Government.
You have no idea how badly I wish this was an option in more games. Part of why Syndicate (the original, not the bloom-filled FPS) has a special place in my heart. My one hope for CDProjekt's Cyberpunk game is that a corporate/government route will be an option, and I don't mean in the 'You start out working for them, but are forced to turn against them because that's how the story is meant to go so fuck you.' bullshit way.
The first time I played Deus Ex, I shot Paul in the face the moment he finished flapping his traitorous tongue outside Lebedev's jet. I'm still somewhat bitter the game god-moded him there.

Same thing here! I couldn't ever replay Deus Ex or see it as a great game because of that.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Choose the less sucking option where you made at least 30 tries a day and may deliver update in next 2 months.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Have to put this LP on hold until I repair my gaming PC and attempt to recover the data from the broken hard drive.
If I manage to recover the data from the dead HDD, I will continue.

zwanzig_zwoelf

somehow i think its lost forever
If I won't manage to recover the data, well, I've got almost everything I need to finish the LP in this thread. Everything, apart from saves.

Once I can give a clear answer on whether it's lost or not, I'll post it in this thread.

zwanzig_zwoelf

how bad is it?
I asked some of my ex-coworkers to check it. They told me that the main problem lies in the damaged connector - it's possible to make it work by replacing it, but no guarantees.
If the connector issue won't work, they suggested a local firm that has experience in data recovery, but I don't have spare money to pay for their services (the cost was about $120 for a 320 GB HDD, and that was 4 years ago, now it will be about $250 or more for a 500 GB HDD, including the continuous crash of local currency).
Just to let you know, an average person earns about $400 here (per month), while minimum wage is around $120. Simply speaking, I don't expect trying to recover the data anytime soon.

tindrli

Arcane
how bad is it?
I asked some of my ex-coworkers to check it. They told me that the main problem lies in the damaged connector - it's possible to make it work by replacing it, but no guarantees.
If the connector issue won't work, they suggested a local firm that has experience in data recovery, but I don't have spare money to pay for their services (the cost was about $120 for a 320 GB HDD, and that was 4 years ago, now it will be about $250 or more for a 500 GB HDD, including the continuous crash of local currency).
Just to let you know, an average person earns about $400 here (per month), while minimum wage is around $120. Simply speaking, I don't expect trying to recover the data anytime soon.

Good luck bro

zwanzig_zwoelf

how bad is it?

Good luck bro
Thanks, I'll need it (salary negotiation is a bitch here).
If I won't manage to recover it until late spring/early summer, I'll have more time to replay the game until this point and continue.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Maybe it's time to grab a hand with Dropbox? He saved my ass few times, 2 times after 30+ hours of gameplay.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Maybe it's time to grab a hand with Dropbox? He saved my ass few times, 2 times after 30+ hours of gameplay.
I've started to upload vital data (save files, backups) to my Google drives lately. Since I have like 4 or 5 old email accounts that I don't use for mail, that's enough to avoid losing years of my work in the future.

zwanzig_zwoelf

In case anyone wants to see more of the game, I'm planning to restart this LP in the nearest future.

While I'm at it, Scrooge agreed to suffer through the game until January 2016 to win a rare game: The Quest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom