Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed I want to be Cleveland Mark Blakemore - Let's play Cataclysm: DDA

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I want to be Cleveland Mark Blakemore
Let's play Cataclysm: DDA Version 0.2

web.jpg

What is Cataclysm DDA?

Bros, it's your decision! Just pick stats, traits and skills we should prioritize while creating a perfect Cleve avatar! (Don't bother with the wiki. We are roleplaying, not metagaming!)
Let's find out if Codex hivemind can lead our hero through postapocaliptic wastelands.

Difficulty

Standard amount of character creation points is 6, but considering high difficulty and Codex decision making this can be simply not enough to survive even one day.

Sapiens - 6 points - this is going to be a short LP.
Neanderthal heritage - 12 points
Neanderthal pureblood - 18 points
Cleveland Mark Blakemore - 24 - now we can properly roleplay Cleve.

Roleplaying style

Codex can't make every single decision, so we need an overarching theme of this journey.

Waltzing Matilda - pack your rice, loot pawn shops and let's go for an adventure!
The last sane man in Australia - a quest for the ultimate bunker. Survival and shelter are our main goals.
LA riots - monster respawn disabled. No zombie is safe from Cleve Mark Blakemore. We will take back the city!
Dark corners of the Down Under - we will actively search for the most dangerous places, vile artifacts and our nemesis - the fabled Penisosaurus.

Stats

We start with 8 in each. Rising above 14 costs 2 points instead of 1. It's very unlikely to gain permanent stat boost during the game.

Strength - health and close combat.
Dexterity - to-hit bonus.
Intelligence - learning speed and crafting.
Perception - ranged combat, spotting traps.

Skills

Level 1 costs 1 point, level 2 - 3 points, level 3 - 5 points and so on.

Dodge, Melee, Unarmed combat, Bashing weapons, Cutting weapons, Piercing weapons, Throwing, Firearms, Handguns, Shotguns, Submachine guns, Rifles, Archery, Grenade launcher

Computers, Mechanics, Electronics, Cooking, Carpentry, Survival, Traps, Tailoring, First Aid, Speech, Barter, Swimming, Driving

Traits

Minimaxer's heaven. Negative stats will give us bonus points.

Negative

Schizophrenic, Chemical Imbalance, Smelly, Trigger Happy, Addictive Personality, Lightweight, Forgetful, Glass Jaw, Vegetarian, Insomniac, Poor Hearing, Illiterate, Bad Back, Asthmatic, Heavy Sleeper, Near-Sighted, jittery, hoarder, savant, mood swings, weak stomach, wool allergy, HP ignorant, truth teller, ugly

Positive

Drunken Master, Deft, Fast Learner, Packmule, Thick-Skinned, Tough, Poison Resistant, Fast Reader, Night Vision, Pain Resistant, Light Eater, Fast Healer, Optimist, Quick, Parkour Expert, Fleet-Footed, gourmand, animal empathy, terrifying, disease resistant, high adrenaline, inconspicious, masochist, light step, heartless, android, robust genetics

Last edited:
Neanderthal heritage

The last sane man in Australia

Pour points into strength and intelligence.

Also, where's the titanium bones trait?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Negative:
truth teller​
Positive:
Drunken Master, Deft, Fast Learner, Packmule, Thick-Skinned, Tough, Poison Resistant, Fast Reader, Night Vision, Pain Resistant, Light Eater, Fast Healer, Optimist, Quick, Parkour Expert, Fleet-Footed, gourmand, animal empathy, terrifying, disease resistant, high adrenaline, inconspicious, masochist, light step, heartless, android, robust genetics

Baltika9

Arcane
Cleveland Mark Blakemore
Dark Corners Down Under
Unarmed- three levels
Survival- two points
First aid- two ponts
The rest into strength and intelligence

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
:incline:

Additional Traits 2 consider: High Adrenaline, Robust Genetics, MA Training (Boxing) and something to boost thrown item skill for those baby food howitzers

TOME

Cuckmaster General
Cleveland Mark Blakemore
LA riots
Near-Sighted, smelly, trigger happy
Archery, Survival, Driving, Dexterity

lightbane

Arcane
Cleveland Mark Blakemore
The last sane man in Australia

Stats balanced. Whatever makes sense for skills.

Consider getting the randroid trait. Also, the Terryfing one.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Cleve' character sheet (12 points)

STR - 14
AG - 8
INT - 14
PER - 10

Smelly, Terryfying, Truth Teller, Trigger Happy

Survival *

Smelly is a really shitty trait. Wild animals and Zeds will track us more easily. Gee, thanks bros.
Truth teller, trigger happy are pretty much free additional points.
I have no idea how terryfying works in game.

1. Wake up Mr. Blakemore, wake up and smell the ashes.

Exploration view
web.jpg

@ - Cleve
>> - stairs down
@ - NPC
6 - a broken computer with the full version of Grimoire

This is our exploration view. We can see all basic stats, weather, mood, log and (upper, right corner) creatures in the line of sight.

As you can see Cleve's neighbour, some gal named Kim Smith, also seeks shelter in our bunker.
We'll let her stay here for now, because Neanderthals have generous hearts.

Map of Australia
web.jpg

+ - BUNKER
M - Military base.
> - house
> - pawn shop
> - sports shop
T - I have no idea. Some kind of mutated plant maze.

Also restaurant, garage, cloths, hardware, electronics shops, liquor store and parks filled with undead children

No pharmacy nearby. Darn it.

Factions
web.jpg

Survivors are divided into various organizations and machete rape gangs, in the current version they are barely implemented.
Note that Cleve is a legendary hero of every faction. Well, DUH!

web.jpg

Kim wants us to rescue her puppy. When asked nicely (actually intimidated) for some essential equipment she gave us Prozac.

:hmmm:

Women...

Our Neanderthal sense tells us ITZ will begin at 9:30. There's no time to waste, we head to the city.

web.jpg

_ ^ Mhmm... that's a lot of traps... maybe someone was listening to Cleve's warnings after all...

web.jpg

A pawn shop! Preppers heaven! It's closed, but it's not an obstacle fo Cleve's mighty fists.
This activates the alarm.
We need to grab some warm clothes, weapons and something to storage our loot.

We find a military rucksack (an excellent item), pea coat, sweater, rollmat, chainsaw (from my experience, not very useful during combat, but we can chop down trees with it).
There's a hunting rifle, but no ammo, so we'll leave it there for now.

Now we need something to defend ourselves, but there's only shitload of aluminum and wooden baseball bats. Oh well. This is a horrible zombie movie cliche, but still better than nothing.

Wait a minute...

what's thi...

web.jpg

:yeah:

SHIT GOT REAL MOTHERFUCKERS!

web.jpg

We leave the shop...
Oh crap...
Alarm attracted an eyebot - small flying police camera. It will draw attention of more dangerous police robots. Yes. They are still working, even during the apocalypse. We'll try to avoid it.
Fucking Australian government...

web.jpg

Cleve hides inside the book store and closes the door behind. Let's grab some science books and leave...

web.jpg

There's a group of zombie kids (E). We'll try to avoid them too. Let's go north.

web.jpg

Fucking eyebot!

web.jpg

Looting restaurant. It's time to getsome food and a knife for butchering.

web.jpg

Leaving the restaurant is somewhat difficult, but we managed to escape without a scratch. We should lose them in this narrow space between buildings (N). He he, suckers...

web.jpg

Uh-oh.

web.jpg

I was planning to visit a liquor store for some flammable fluids, but it's already full of copbots. This is bad. Really BAD.

web.jpg

OSHSHITOSHITOHSHIT (E)

web.jpg

Looting now would be a terrible idea, but maybe we can at least rescue Kim's dog. Cleve smashes doors...
Great. Kim's house is barricaded. Forget it. Let's run SW.
Wait.
It's 9.30! That means...

OH

MY

GOD

web.jpg

MEXICANS!!!

web.jpg

Remember those traps? Now we can use them to our adventage. Yeah, taste my superior neanderthal intellect manboons (and manborgs)!

web.jpg

We head (SW) for the bunker.
Oh great... another gang...

web.jpg

Mhm... Maybe I shouldn't lead them toour shelter. We can try to outrun them first (N)
(Cursed eyebot! Leave me alone)!
Cleve tries to kill this annoying robot with his powerful sword while his enemies start... hitting each other... a little bit... What?
I have no idea what's going on...
Probably malfunction. Heh. Inferior sapiens technology.

web.jpg

YES! Another trap field!

web.jpg

Mines and shotgun traps killed all our enemies except three copbots. But they managed to zap us and the pain gives us speed penalty.
GOD DAMMIT!
Things don't look good for Cleve. I head for the bunker. We'll make our last stand there. Like a real hero.

:rpgcodex:

Unless...

web.jpg

Hello there Kim. Just passing by.
(She should buy us some time. He he)

:troll:

We close the door and leave using the opposite entrance (W).

web.jpg

Turns out our bunker is located literally next to a gigantic web full of poisonous man eating spiders.
Oh well. At least Australian fauna is just like before the apocalypse.

Cleve hears some gun shots but strangely no police sirens.

web.jpg

Oh.
Turns out Kim has a H&K machine gun... and she killed all copbots...
Huh. I knew she can prove useful...

Hey, there's some bear traps attached to their bodies! We can use them to fortify our base!

Loot and stuff
web.jpg

BROS, WHAT WE DO NOW?

Rest? (Night is usually a great time for looting. Zeds can't see us. But they can SMELL us)
Explore plains and loot dead zeds left behind? (low risk)
Explore roads, sometimes you can find dead sapiens with good loot. (low risk)
Suicide city looting ride?
Something else?

Cleve's fate is in your hands!

(Edit Edit Edit Edit Edit Edit Edit Edit Edit
Potato cannot into enlish.)

Last edited:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Apparently I'm too stupid for dropbox - images keep disappearing.

I will try something else.

Edit: Everything should work now.

imgur is good

BTW I didnt realise you were listing all the advantages/disadvantages I thought Cleve was gonna be good at all that stuff like parkour :D

E2cx096.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Explore roads, why not?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom