Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed I want to be Cleveland Mark Blakemore - Let's play Cataclysm: DDA

3. Balls to the wall Cleve badassery as he cleaves and burns his way through the mutated fauna. That shit's for tree worshipers anyway.

tindrli

Arcane
4. Kingcomrade. Do "M" military post instead.

@ Lagole Gon are you playing classic Cataclysm or Dark days ahead??

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
4. Kingcomrade. Do "M" military post instead.

@ Lagole Gon are you playing classic Cataclysm or Dark days ahead??
"I want to be Cleveland Mark Blakemore - Let's play Cataclysm: DDA"

I've never visited military post before, so this would be a fun adventure.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
5. Dust in the wind.

Wolf_spider_attack_position.jpg

['] ['] [']
On the third day of apocalypse, during a casual breakfast hunt, Cleve was killed by wolf spiders (and a cougar).
Please, join us in a moment of silence.

What's next?
Nothing! Cleve is dead!

Bros, I'm terribly sorry for this anticlimatic YASD.
I encourage you to start your own Cleve-themed rougelike adventures.
Play as Cleve or a different character from neanderthal mythos! Sir-tech employees? Benny the Mexican gangster? (bonus points for collecting crack and breaking into liquor stores)

Cassidy

Arcane
Eventually...

Let's say that modding the source code to add new items and crafting in this is easier than modding Arcanum. And version 0.3 release candidate has new features the stable windows binary doesn't, including Cannibal as a new trait to pick in character creation.

Code:
FOOD("babymeat",	 1,150,	c_red,	HFLESH,	itm_null,
    2,  2,  0,  30,  0,  0, 2,  0,  1, 25,	&iuse::none, ADD_NULL, "\
The highly nutritional and tasty favorite recipe of the Post-ITZ world,
 with a rarely found deformed fetus in mint shape as the main ingredient. 
\n\Cleaned of contaminants and safe for eating with a machete");
[...]

RECIPE(itm_babymeat, CC_FOOD, "cooking", NULL, 4, 100000, false);
  TOOL(itm_hotplate, 7, itm_toolset, 1, itm_fire, -1, NULL);
  TOOL(itm_pan, -1, itm_pot, -1, itm_rock_pot, -1, itm_rag, 4, itm_long_underpants, 1, NULL);
  TOOL(itm_hatchet, -1, itm_knife_steak, -1, itm_pockknife, -1, itm_knife_combat, -1,
       itm_knife_butcher, -1, itm_machete, -1, NULL);
  COMP(itm_fetus, 1, NULL);
  COMP(itm_flour, 2, NULL);
  COMP(itm_salt, 2, NULL);
  COMP(itm_sugar, 1, NULL);
  COMP(itm_iodine, 10, NULL);
  COMP(itm_adderall, 2, NULL);
  COMP(itm_apple, 2, itm_can_pineapple, 1, NULL);
  COMP(itm_marloss_berry, 2, NULL);
  COMP(itm_mushroom, 10, itm_mushroom_magic, 10, itm_mushroom_poison, 10, NULL);
[...]
mon("machete gang zombie",species_zombie, 'Z',	c_red,	MS_MEDIUM,	FLESH,
//	frq dif agr mor spd msk mdi m## cut dge bsh cut itm  HP special freq
	  50, 12,100,100,150, 20,  2,  4,  15,  4,  4,  8, 60, 60,  0,
	&mdeath::normal,	&mattack::bite, "\
A former diversity enrichment deliverer\n\
from the multikult ITZ before the zombie ITZ.\n\
It is naked and drenched in blood"
);
FLAGS(MF_SEES, MF_HEARS, MF_SMELLS, MF_STUMBLES, MF_WARM, MF_BASHES, MF_POISON,
      MF_HIT_AND_RUN, MF_NO_BREATHE, MF_VIS50);

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
I wish I could bros, but I'm kind of busy and it won't change soon (also, I'm just lazy).
Someone else has to take the wheel. I can still provide quick visualizations of Cleve's adventures.

Cassidy

Arcane
I wish I could bros, but I'm kind of busy and it won't change soon (also, I'm just lazy).
Someone else has to take the wheel. I can still provide quick visualizations of Cleve's adventures.

And like announced, here is a very minor change to the source code including a new type of zombie and food.

rcLsdtD.jpg

Link:

-Retracted until I get it working without crashes-

Lagole Gon, I'm considering to cook the babymeat in long underwear myself if you really can't continue this saga, but feel free to give it a try.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
I'm considering to cook the babymeat in long underwear myself if you really can't continue this saga, but feel free to give it a try.

The whole 0.3 release seems unstable to me. It's better to wait a week or two for the next update.

Cassidy

Arcane
I'm considering to cook the babymeat in long underwear myself if you really can't continue this saga, but feel free to give it a try.

The whole 0.3 release seems unstable to me. It's better to wait a week or two for the next update.

The already compiled 0.4 prerelease is quite stable, but the latest source code is not. Once a build mostly free from crashes appear, I will post a new link to the precompiled ITZ recipes and machete rape gang zombies micromod.

I just wonder one thing about that editing of .cpp and .h files with Notepad++ : should the machete rape gang zombie be just somewhat nastier and faster than the average zombie or ... on the same level of Hulks? In any case, they will deal at least as much damage as a strong PC equipped with a machete every time they hit, to simulate them actually wielding machetes*.

*Technically only NPCs have a code base to use weapons and guns right now, but giving a monster the same attack speed and damage in cut and bash it would do were it wielding a given melee weapon is a decent workaround.

PS: Vehicles are becoming more and more self-sufficient mobile bases with every new release. In fact, after surviving and gaining mechanical skill in sufficient amount to have one with a RV Kitchen Unit and a Water Tank, the only way to have a real risk of death is to actively explore the depths looking for the greatest dangers, or play European Carmageddon nonstop until the zombies are all dead, the car breaks or run out of fuel for the sake of FUN.

Static spawn makes the game difficulty curve a downward slope, at least regarding zombies.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
I don't think you should overpower machette gangs. Without the machette it's just another manboon. Cleve scared off dozens of them during the LA riots.

(We need troll-in-a-bunker emoticon)

Cassidy

Arcane
And here goes the working ITZ micromod based on the latest source code of this week, including a new feature related to a new starting profession*: games journalist, highlighted with a screenshot. So if you want to roleplay a games journalist with psychological addiction to popamole in a zombie apocalypse, give it a try!

http://www.filedropper.com/cataclysmitz

CODngc3.jpg

Of course, I will start a new thread with a Let's Play of it eventually. But right now someone is already LPing this game.

*Professions are a new feature at character creation that wasn't available in 0.2 and can add different starting equipment, with some giving starting addictions. They either cost or give points.

tindrli

Arcane
Of course, I will start a new thread with a Let's Play of it eventually. But right now someone is already LPing this game.
ž
It doesnt matter.. Cleve is begging for another round!!!

potatojohn

Arcane
Gaming journalist profession should disable the truth-teller trait

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom