Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon age 2 Opinions Threadpoll

How did you liked DA2

• Pretty much

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better than DAO

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Worse than DAO

• They re both good

• They re both crap

• Check the grammar

• Total voters

PrettyDeadman

This game is pretty good.
Comparing to previous game:
+ Less generic story and setting, no ususal boring you are chosen one crap, The stroy feels less childish compared to the first installment in the series.
+ Class system got reballanced. Warriors became more interesting to play (their abilities are a bit cartoonish, but they now have more versalitie and uses, thats more important, i think).

- Restrictions to playable characters customizations. Unability to choose a specialization may be a good or bad thing (they have custom specializations, usually quite interesting ones, but only one, and they cant choose one of the specializations aviable for player. you have to play 3 times with different classes to see all of them), but the inventory restrictions is just playin lazieness of developers.

Linear location argument is crap. Locations usually have branches and overall feeling is the same to dao, nothing has changed, became worse or better. Gameplay hasnt changed much, the only difference - it looks a little faster due to new animations (i dont have problems with that) and warriors now have more active role in combat (they can cc and aoe right from the start, they are as usefull as mages are. Just like the thing what was done in DND4). It doesnt feel like slasher, it feels like dao. Design changes arent that much of a deal. You dont see darkspawn often, Flemeth looks hot and qunari looks more interesting (change in their appearance seem quite unbeliavable and radical though, but who cares, you didnt seen them much in dao). Quests seem of the same quality, i even think da2's are better, but so far nothing to remember (i havent finished the game yet though). But they dont seem boring or tedious, so i am genereally satisfied.

PrettyDeadman

Graphics are crap, but i am no graphics whore. I am used to run games on lowest setting anyway...

FatCat

Educated
It is as bad as Arcania in my book couldn't get past "entering kirkwall" part and it's coming from someone who is TWitcher fanboy and likes Oblivion&FO3.

Pablosdog

Prophet
I banish thee to the furthest depths of the abyss. Forever forced to hold Gaider's toupee while fist fucking the endless stream of biowhore cocksuckers who lap up every drop of jizz and marvel through blood splattered faces at the awesome glory that is Dragon age 2.

I give you some advice:

Please stay away from this place unless you want your asshole to be torn asunder. Stay far far away.

PrettyDeadman

I am no biowarian slutfan by any mean. Never finished biowarian game except jade empire (which i finished twice).
DAO was ok, but a little boring, couldnt push myself to finish it, same story with baldirs gates and kotor. ME is pure crap. Nwn was ok but not the official compaign. Well, now i remember, i actually finished Kotor, but that wasnt a very good experience.
You people should really check DA2. Its really good. I am not a conventional oldcshool rpg fan, i dont like things like planescape, but i honor a good combat (i like wiz, toee and kotc), i honor good opportunity for roleplaying sexual deviances and psychic and physical violence (like rape, eating corpses, playing with corpses etc), i usually roleplay serial killer and equal opportunities rapist and child molestar in games like follaut, hitman:bloodmoney, obliovion, gothic, darksun etc. I like to make innocent people suffer, kill them, play with their corpses, than hide them (taking some parts of their dead bodies with me) and than get away with it, continue to live my life as a law abiding lwaful good citizen, helping random people, doint some quests and stuff.
I dont like reading boring pretentious dialogues and pretending i am some smart thoughtful guy in tightpants who happen to live in some crappy fantasy world, but i generally like good rpg.

PrettyDeadman

Also iam sad with metacritics scores of DA2 ( ~ 30). This game deserves much better. I hate raging fanboys, they cant tell a good game from a bad one.

PrettyDeadman

People, why so negative? I thought Codex likes good rpgs (like planescape, fallout, toee, arcanum and stuff) and have a good taste, but it seems like it just hates everything and this hatered has nothing to do with a taste to good rpg's. Just pure infintile negativism, like ME's plot. You make me sad, i thought i finally found a place where people can evaluate my tastes.

PrettyDeadman

Re: Dragon age 2 Opinions Thread

Pegultagol said:
Pretty said:

3.5/10
I dont care about stupid people's score. This game is pretty good. The thing what makes me sad about it - even though it have much more successfull concept than DAO - they worked much less on it - it have shor quest, similar to each other locations, shit equipment system and stuff like this.

PrettyDeadman

you're rude uneducated infantile adoloscent, stfu.

flushfire

Augur
Pretty said:
+ Class system got reballanced. warriors now have more active role in combat (they can cc and aoe right from the start, they are as usefull as mages are. Just like the thing what was done in DND4)
warriors can cc, have aoe, have charge to get close
rogues can cc, have aoe, can teleport behind enemy
mages can cc, have aoe, does not need to move

classes are balanced alright.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
flushfire said:
Pretty said:
+ Class system got reballanced. warriors now have more active role in combat (they can cc and aoe right from the start, they are as usefull as mages are. Just like the thing what was done in DND4)

All classes just work in a single way, basically identical across them all?

BUTTON -> AWESOME.

Period.

This, btw, is simply delicious:

da2metacriticcopy.jpg

Perfectly shows the dichotomy between cocksucking faggots on bio's payroll and the actual state of things.

Side note - this game sucks.

So, Arcanum. From a technical standpoint, what do you think about the mods competing with your own?

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Jools said:
flushfire said:
Pretty said:

All classes just work in a single way, basically identical across them all?

BUTTON -> AWESOME.

Period.

This, btw, is simply delicious:

da2metacriticcopy.jpg

Perfectly shows the dichotomy between cocksucking faggots on bio's payroll and the actual state of things.

Side note - this game sucks.
also, when you check the profiles of those who gave the game 9-10s, it turns out it's their single vote. butthurt bioware devs/ fanlords detected :M

Krash

Arcane
Using the word fanlords should be enough to warrant a one-way trip to the nearest extermination camp

ortucis

Prophet
This game is SO immersive..

2iia5wh.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom