Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon age 2 Opinions Threadpoll

How did you liked DA2

• Pretty much

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better than DAO

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Worse than DAO

• They re both good

• They re both crap

• Check the grammar

• Total voters

PrettyDeadman

I dont know. Maybe this game is crap, but i still like it.

Antihero

Liturgist
That's terrific. But the rating's are a joke anyway. The so-called professional reviewers will stand by their high score if they think there's a market for the game and it will sell to some demographic.

The players can call attention to the EA cock-slurping by dinging it with as low a score as possible, regardless of whether it really deserves a three or a zero. Better to drag down the overall average that way.

Ladonna

Arcane
That's terrific. But the rating's are a joke anyway. The so-called professional reviewers can stand by their high score if they think there's a market for the game and it will sell to some demographic.

I bet there are plenty of gamers out there with big question marks over the gaming media right now. Gamers that previously latched on to these reviews and used them to decide whether to buy their games...including DA2.

If they stand by their scores, there is the possibility that they won't be listened to by (what looks like) a fairly large slice of people ever again. They may try a backtrack using a retrospective later on. That will provide a few more laughs.

Nael

Arcane
Needs "I don't fucking care" or "kingcomrade" option. "Check the grammar" is not an adequate choice.

Antihero

Liturgist
Ladonna said:
If they stand by their scores, there is the possibility that they won't be listened to by (what looks like) a fairly large slice of people ever again. They may try a backtrack using a retrospective later on. That will provide a few more laughs.
If they backpedal now, I'd expect them to lose even more face. Maybe they can claim the review copy wasn't the same (like the console's missing auto-attack in the retail version).

But if they do a retrospective, they'd need something better to sell you that made them see the light, like Skyrim or an upcoming DA3. Whichever publishing house provides the fatter cheque.

PrettyDeadman

Nael said:
Needs "I don't fucking care" or "kingcomrade" option. "Check the grammar" is not an adequate choice.
If you dont care just dont vote.
Who is kingcomrade? Why is he so important/special, he needs secluded option to vote?

DaveO

Erudite
Sites like Metacritic may be the last bastion of honest user reviews. I could explain multiple reasons why DA2 sucks and give information about kingcomrade. But why should I put in that work when the original poster did not?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
DaveO said:
Sites like Metacritic may be the last bastion of honest user reviews.

And even they are helpless against a well-executed guerrilla marketing campaign. If it's done properly, it's virtually impossible to distinguish fake votes from real ones.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Pretty said:
Nael said:
If you dont care just dont vote.
Who is kingcomrade? Why is he so important/special, he needs secluded option to vote?

Giant dumbfuck detected.

Turisas said:
DaveO said:
Sites like Metacritic may be the last bastion of honest user reviews.

And even they are helpless against a well-executed guerrilla marketing campaign. If it's done properly, it's virtually impossible to distinguish fake votes from real ones.

I have to wonder if anyone has every done an anti-marketing campaign for one of their competitor's products. Say, if DA2 was actually bearable and Skyrim was coming out in 2 weeks, would Bethesda think of having a few employees spend an hour or two posting some 50 reviews with various codexian-level critiques of why DA2 is horrible? Hell, I'm sure there are advertising agencies who would be happy to do this for a few grand.

DragoFireheart

Overweight Manatee said:
I have to wonder if anyone has every done an anti-marketing campaign for one of their competitor's products. Say, if DA2 was actually bearable and Skyrim was coming out in 2 weeks, would Bethesda think of having a few employees spend an hour or two posting some 50 reviews with various codexian-level critiques of why DA2 is horrible?

The risks outweigh the rewards. If they are stupid and incompetent and got caught, the amount of blacklash would likely hurt them more than the potential damage they would cause.

Humans are corrupt and will do things to get the upper hand but thankfully they are usually incompetent and lazy in addition to being corrupt.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Since when does the Codex listen to the 'masses' (even though metacritic posters are NOT representative of the 'masses' anyways)? Oh yeah, I know, when they agree with the Codex. Hypocrites.

Otehrs' opinions should not matter to a true Codexian yet every thread that silly link is posted. L0L

remember folks, these are the same people who rated other BIO games that the Codex loathes really high including ME2 which in beleive is a 9.4 on that same site for users. HAHAHA! And, that game is even less of a RPG than DA2.

Why are Codexers herp derp hypocrites?

DragoFireheart

Volourn said:
Since when does the Codex listen to the 'masses' (even though metacritic posters are NOT representative of the 'masses' anyways)? Oh yeah, I know, when they agree with the Codex. Hypocrites.

Otehrs' opinions should not matter to a true Codexian yet every thread that silly link is posted. L0L

remember folks, these are the same people who rated other BIO games that the Codex loathes really high including ME2 which in beleive is a 9.4 on that same site for users. HAHAHA! And, that game is even less of a RPG than DA2.

Why are Codexers herp derp hypocrites?

Herp derp, IT'S VOLOURN!

Dude, the codex doesn't actually listen to the masses, we simply look for any indication of the masses being butthurt by the shit companies put out. It's not a matter of right or wrong but a matter of being entertained.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If nothing else the DA2 shitstorm has been fun just for watching Volourn go insane.

Ladonna

Arcane
It's not a matter of right or wrong but a matter of being entertained.

Seeing the scales fall from the eyes is pretty entertaining. It must be hard for Volly.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"go insane."

Go insane? I thoguht I was always insane. L0LZ History rewrite/ LMAO

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Volourn said:

Which is why I tried the demo and guess what... those low metacritic reviews actually agree with my OWN assessment!!!! Shocking, I know.

Maybe Bio "streamlined" one step too far and the backlash begins? I mean, even Bio-lovers must have some limit.... right?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Aren't these the same BIO lovers that the Codex make fun love for their perverted sexual desires and what? So.. now, the Codex takes thems eriously.

These are also the same BIo lovers who hold a merely average game like KOTOR and hold up as one of the best RPGs ever, right? LMFAO

I'll stick with manning up, and having my own opinion, and not holding others' as fact. L0LZ

If you agree with these BIO lovers.. perhaps, there is something wrong with you.

Ladonna

Arcane
If you agree with these BIO lovers.. perhaps, there is something wrong with you.

The old BIO lovers jumped ships ages ago, or at least most of them did. The new breed I see on their forums drove them away. Looking at the DA2 forum over there at the moment reminds me of that scene in ROME where Marc Antony, Cleopatra and the rest of the orgy goers are pretending the Romans are not battering at the gates.

Wanna flip us a review of DA2 Volly?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom