Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Chris Avellone Arcanum LP

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
he hasn't even gotten to Tarant I believe.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
He should just use Virgil's Debug Menu, and give his impressions of the game by cheating through it instead of playing it the regular way. It is obviously not working out, so just get it over with.
But he's not returning to it anyway. At least so it seems.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

What he needs to do is just re-roll a combat type of some sort. Either a mage, a gunslinger, or a melee fighter. Necromancer would be simplest. Yeah, spamming harm the whole way through can get a little meh, but he clearly has been too spoiled by next gen to have fun with the more complex play-style that a pure speech player character necessitates (mainly just avoiding combat whenever possible through dialog/being observant and making sure you have enough bros to do the fighting for you. He should really recruit the half-ogre at the Shrouded Hills bar - don't remember if he did this or not...).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
E3 so taxing, maan! Gotta recover...
Brandon Adler said that Avellone's already recorded another chunk of Arcanum and he's the one responsible for making it presentable. Maybe next week?

ColCol

Arcane
Watching this is so self defeating. You know he's not going to make it through the mountain.

Stabwound

Arcane
Might as well retardo this. There isn't going to be another update and he obviously doesn't give a shit about the game and never did. All of the videos play out and sound like someone being forced to play with a gun pointed at their head.

Diablo169

Arcane
This is why a blog LP would have been better, at least then when he completely lost interest he could get someone who actually likes Arcanum to ghost write it.

Gozma

Arcane
If you ever want to think deeply about the disturbing possibility that Avellone sucks

Watch the extant portion of the Arcanum LP and then read his writing in Lonesome Road and realize that is what Avellone on a looming deadline trying to do an Avellone impression is like

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I want him to finish it. Watching it makes me feel like we're conducting some sort of witch trial for larpers...

If he hates it, then a larper he be and playing it til the end shall be his punishment. If he learns to love it, then he shall have proven himself free of the sin of laring and may finish it as his reward. :shallnotsufferalarper:

Sorry, but MCA going: "Ho, Arcanum is shit but Bioshock Infinite is genius, just like Brian Fargo told it on twitter: Levine, you're genius". Fuck them. They are shit, worse than Gaider because they think they're special. Fuck them.

I just don't understand: in the XIXth century you had the invention of the novel: Dostoievski, Flaubert & whatever. In the XXth: cinema: Murnau, Griffith, Lang (talking about the pioneers). For me the art of the XXIth century is the video game. And then even MCA says that Bioshock Infinity is Citizen Kane. Are you mad? Do you want to trash the medium? Have you played Majora Mask? What the fuck?

So I got to rehab and I played new video games. And bros, I can totally go in your way: it's incredibly shitty popamole, I just couldn't stand this crap. Except for "New Vegas". And then MCA goes: "Oh I love Bioshock Infinity". And fucking Fargo goes: "Congratulations Levine! You are Murnau!". Are they complete morons or what? Did MCA had a hand in New Vegas?

Ok, I'm singing bullshit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L44EGVbTww4

But just like the Codex, In love as much with Chopin than with Blade Runner than with From Software games than with Lucio Fulci than with Tarkovski than with Don de Lillo than with Caravaggio than with Dragon Wars than with Piero della Francesca than with Spring Breakers.
And then fucking Fargo and MCA think that Bioshock Infinite is fucking Citizen Kane. Sorry for repeating the same thing again and again but it just makes me want to cry ;)

GlutenBurger

Cipher
One time I went to a restaurant and asked for a nice rib eye steak cooked very rare, just seared enough that I could taste a hint of char in the midst of that delicious flesh, but the chef replied "no MCA says Bioshock Infinity is Citizen Kane" and dumped a helping of reheated beef hash on my plate.

I just want so much to work in the video games field but it just makes me want to cry. So I cling like an old idiot to this fucking zombie area which is called rock'n'roll: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QruCBktRrEM

The end of the song is a cover of "Sister Ray" from the Velvet Underground and it was recorded in 1967, what the fuck? It's just without interest. Video games could have been so much more exciting. And then...
They fell into POPAMOLE. From C64 creativity to Michael Bay in 20 years. At the same time it's so weird that I don't know what to think about it, except for one word: autism.

And now I will shut my mouth. Kisses, I love you bros.

Xeon

Augur
Adam streamed IWD, MCA played Arcanum and I kinda want Josh to play something too. preferably streaming since it might get longer duration instead of 10min episode every 6 months.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom