Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TBS Battle Worlds: Kronos - Turn-Based Strategy

Elthosian

Arcane
They also seem to be denying people who pre-ordered access to Steam/GOG Keys, including those that backed post-campaign at their site through paypal.

They said that anyone should have their keys through the mail in the next few hours, including people who bought boxed copies.

Yeah, I read that too but I thought they meant keys from their website's version, in any case I also read on their kickstarter comments page they would consider giving Steam keys to physical tier pledgers after sorting out the problems with backers/pre-orderers who can't even play the game yet:

@Woshee: I see. But no, that wasn't the plan. If anybody REALLY wants to have a Steam key instead of the "box key", they should contact us. Maybe we can do anything about it.

@Oli & Bogdan: I get that! But I think it's not that easy. Maybe will figure something out. But at the momenten everybody who can't play the game at all (for whatever reason) is our main priority.
Enjoy the game!

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Would anyone care to share some impressions on whether the game actually works properly? I tried to check the Steam forums for the usual "is this game worth it" threads, but had an immediate brain aneurysm due to thread titles like:
  • "I was so exited than bam TBS"
  • "A Unity game for that price? LOL"

Boxer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
So, do I download it right now or wait half a year?
Cause, played that Aztec game right of the bat and it was a lame-o-parade, roflstomping AI on impossible. I am told it didnt get any better half a year later. So I might as well get Kronos right now?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok, been playing with it for a while and from what I've seen I love it. It's my beloved Battle Isle back again, with very nice look, although goofy art style.

Haven't encountered any bugs, only it seems their servers are a bit overwhelmed at the moment so the online functions kept playing up.

My only tiny, little complain is - WHY THE FUCKING ZOMBIE JESUS IS THE GUI SO TINY?!!! Nah, don't worry, it's probably just me, I got problems with badly scaled GUIs, Victoria 2 was unplayable for me coz it's no fun to keep squinting at those fucking microbes on the screen. When I switch this to 1280x720, all is just right. But it's a bit ridiculous in this day and age to be forced to switch to such prehistoric resolutions on 22" screens in order to not lose eyesight.

But the game is really good so far, even more complex with more options than the old BI, it looks nice, sounds nice and from the initial cutscenes it seems the plot, writing, setting and overall vibe surpasses the junior school intelectual standard which is a pleasant change. It's just first impressions for now though.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
It's Battle Isle 2 remade. With a gloriously convulted and bad story, cartoon graphics and difficult missions. Not to mention an AI that already is aiming to kill during the tutorial. I'm very happy to have pledged for this one.

Mind you, it's not a wargame. AI is (usually) set to react instead of trying to eradicate you from the map from the start. If you played any of the Panzer Corps, Panzer and Fantasy General or Battle Isle games you know what I mean.

Elthosian

Arcane
Just got into the backer portal and got to select between a key from their site, GOG and Steam.

It seems in the end the only ones who can't are the ones that bought at full price after post-funding period and the ones that got physical editions at KS, though they are likely to let the latter ones get Steam keys.

Anyways, let's start that download.

Marsal

Arcane
I've been playing it for a couple of hours. It's probably just me, but I can't shake the feeling that I liked this game better 20 years ago, when it was called Battle Isle 2. There may be some differences, but it's essentially the same game, with better graphics. It's not a bad game, just unoriginal and bland. I guess I've reached the point where simply remaking old games isn't doing it for me anymore. Maybe I've just played my quota of Panzer Generals and Battle Isles...

Branm

Learned
It's Battle Isle 2 remade. With a gloriously convulted and bad story, cartoon graphics and difficult missions. Not to mention an AI that already is aiming to kill during the tutorial. I'm very happy to have pledged for this one.

Mind you, it's not a wargame. AI is (usually) set to react instead of trying to eradicate you from the map from the start. If you played any of the Panzer Corps, Panzer and Fantasy General or Battle Isle games you know what I mean.

This! I dont regret pledging for this one at all...Blast from the past with an AI that goes after you :)

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've been playing it for a couple of hours. It's probably just me, but I can't shake the feeling that I liked this game better 20 years ago, when it was called Battle Isle 2. There may be some differences, but it's essentially the same game, with better graphics. It's not a bad game, just unoriginal and bland. I guess I've reached the point where simply remaking old games isn't doing it for me anymore. Maybe I've just played my quota of Panzer Generals and Battle Isles...
It's a burnout. Too many TBSs, probably. Been there. Just play some Mass Effect or AssCreed, you'll relearn to appreciate the good things in life +M

made

Arcane

This! I dont regret pledging for this one at all...Blast from the past with an AI that goes after you :)
Never played BI2 (cause no Amiga port; fuck you Blue Byte) but if it's anything like Historyline 1914-18 the AI just rushed you with all its units and afterwards just sat there waiting for you to mop it up.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Never played BI2 (cause no Amiga port; fuck you Blue Byte) but if it's anything like Historyline 1914-18 the AI just rushed you with all its units and afterwards just sat there waiting for you to mop it up.
Well...that's like saying "Hitler rushed Allies with all his units and then just sat in the bunker waiting for them to mop his nazis up". In essence yes, but the details kindda matter.

Elthosian

Arcane
Would anyone care to share some impressions on whether the game actually works properly? I tried to check the Steam forums for the usual "is this game worth it" threads, but had an immediate brain aneurysm due to thread titles like:
  • "I was so exited than bam TBS"
  • "A Unity game for that price? LOL"

Turn Based Strategy games are one of the lowest reccomended or sought after games on the market, why? because they're so year 2000 based, we're well past that, people look for games that are dynamic not static, if people want to play a board game they might aswell buy a board game.

The graphics for this is barely on par, the age of the game is actually 5 years+ , if you compare it to a game like MechCommander2, thats pretty much how the graphics are and detail of the game, it's hardly "in-depth" all or most RTS games walk over TBS.

Steam forums never dissapoint :thumbsup:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I like when AI gives me challange in games like this. I raged a lot yesterday night especially after losing my 2 precious elite artillery. Friggin Bandits are real pain in the ass with their 2 joker moves.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Turn Based Strategy games are one of the lowest reccomended or sought after games on the market, why? because they're so year 2000 based, we're well past that, people look for games that are dynamic not static, if people want to play a board game they might aswell buy a board game.

The graphics for this is barely on par, the age of the game is actually 5 years+ , if you compare it to a game like MechCommander2, thats pretty much how the graphics are and detail of the game, it's hardly "in-depth" all or most RTS games walk over TBS.

It must be painful to live without a thought of your own. This kotaku robot is pathetic.

Elthosian

Arcane
I'm waiting for the GoG option, dick field-marshal's baton in hand.

http://af.gog.com/game/battle_worlds_kronos?as=1649904300

It's cheaper than on Steam as well - at least for us Europeans, since 1$=1€ in game pricing but GOG uses $ (while Steam uses €).

Same for us South Americans (and I assume that for North Americans it's the same) with a $4 difference in favor of GOG.com, and you even get the soundtrack as a bonus.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm having a blast with this one, AI really pushes you limits and unpredictable at most. Only problem I encoutered so far was stucking enemy artillery units.
And that is a helpful bug/glitch :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom