Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
click on the bonus lplay of the antitribu mod

and behold
anti13-000.png

:shredder:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I actually played a version of this mod. Ended up using godmode all of the time.

In general it is a pity. They did a great job with creating the unique disciplines of the additional Clans... and then they fucked it all up with their "inspired" modifications.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Holy sheet "Modding Intensifies" with this Antiribu mod. At least Clan Quest mod was decent, even if subpar compared to vanilla content.

I've got just one hope for antitribu. That it won't be mentioned anywhere anymore and just dies the same death the team that worked in it suffered because Lenuska banished them from bugfixing it.

Wesp5

Arcane
That it won't be mentioned anywhere anymore and just dies the same death the team that worked in it suffered because Lenuska banished them from bugfixing it.

As far as I know Lenuska created Antitribu Mod completely alone. Any other people involved were just her "English support team" as she is Russian. Sadly she suffers from serious modding burnout each time she releases a version so normally it takes ages for her to fix stuff...

I don't give a fuck about her burnouts and I just hope she\(or) he stop working in that shit mod and actually hide everything concerning that mod because if I had the skills to mod Bloodlines and I had made that mess, I would surely hide myself from the whole internet and actually changed my aka just for the sheer shame I would suffer for how shit the mod is.

She had an English team, which I criticized very harshly too, that she banned because they proved that in one month they could fix a shittons of bugs while she was busy fapping or actually doing the prideful modder because she\he has the paternity of the mod.

Modder ego that doesn't match the quality of his pitiful work.

Edit: even the guy who did the LP trusted the English team more than Lenuska. Read his review now:
  • To start off, the groundwork laid with the different clans makes for interesting gameplay. Things like Necromancy open up new options for going forward in combat, and it puts a new spin on the gameplay. This is a good thing.
  • However, the new options come at a cost, and the combat rebalance essentially fucks the entire game squarely in the earhole. Combat difficulty is completely wacked out and forces the player into speccing for combat or risking getting stuck with an encounter they can't get past.
  • The sound design is questionable at best and fucking laughable at worst. The musical choices are all over the place, and the sound choices are weird.
  • The graphical changes are similar. Changes like what happened to Knox are just baffling in their unnecessariness.
  • The mod claims that it does well in bringing in materials from the WoD, but really, it just throws in shit left and right for no particular reason, though I presume it's largely to pad out the combat encounters.
  • WHY THE FUCK IS GROUT'S WIFE A BOSS FIGHT? WHY THE FUCK DID YOU ADD PLATFORMING TO THE GAME? WHY WOULD YOU ADD FETCH QUESTS TO THE FUCKING SEWERS? WHY WOULD YOU ADD MORE SEWER SECTIONS? WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?
  • In closing, I can not not recommend this mod enough. I can not condemn this mod enough. I despise it. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The lead developer has quit, and given development to other assorted modders. I have no idea if this is good or not, but things can hardly get much worse at this point. However, I will not be keeping up with development, because I have had enough. I might be giving it an unjust trial here by harping on an unfinished mod, but if it's unfinished, they shouldn't have put it out as version 1.X.

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
She had an English team, which I criticized very harshly too, that she banned because they proved that in one month they could fix a shittons of bugs while she was busy fapping or actually doing the prideful modder because she\he has the paternity of the mod.

As far as I know the English team were spokespeople only that couldn't mod at all! After Lenuska vanished for a time they announced fixes, but never delivered because they couldn't. And yes, I fully agree with you that adding more fights and more sewer stuff was pretty much the contrary of what Bloodlines needed. But it was her mod, so she could do what she wanted! She is still pretty much the best model editor for Bloodlines too...

do you know that after 1.0 there were 1.0.10 and 1.1 that were made exclusively by the English team? Go inside modb and take a look at the patches and check who released them...

Then when you are done with checking try playing the unpatched version of antitribu and try telling me fleshartist and his team couldn't deliver their fixes.

Best modeler artist when some of new models are reskinned Jack?

Wesp5

Arcane
do you know that after 1.0 there were 1.0.10 and 1.1 that were made exclusively by the English team?

Are you sure? I can't find any info on who did them on ModDB, I always assumed they just related the bug reports to her and she fixed them. I think Psycho-A helped out with the game mod loader, but he is Russian too and disappearing in a similar fashion all the time which sucks as he created and maintains the Unofficial Bloodlines SDK!

Then when you are done with checking try playing the unpatched version of antitribu and try telling me fleshartist and his team couldn't deliver their fixes.

I never played Antitribu because as I wrote they moved completely in the wrong direction from the start in my opinion. Like changing the Ocean House story or placing fights outside it and other areas like King's Way! Or making the sewers even longer and more complicated. That's just plain stupid! Also fleshartist wanted to change a lot beyond bug fixing, so of course Lenuska got angry when she wasn't consulted about this...

Best modeler artist when some of new models are reskinned Jack?

Maybe she made some cheap reskins too, but as far as I know she is pretty much the only one who ever really edited models beyond reskinning! Just check out her Arsenal Mod with all the new weapons. She also build one weapon for my patch when I asked her!

Last edited:
That's exactly the point, she\he is talented, but the (bad) effort she put into the mod went way overboard to the point of making it unbearable.

Okagron

Prophet
Finally decided to sink time into this game and i have been playing for 5 hours or so so far. And i'm honestly enjoying it, specially the writting.

One of the things i love so far is how computers work in this game. You have to manually type stuff and to me it adds serious immersion.

laclongquan

Arcane
Just stick to writing fanfics. It's safer and less buggier.

Even writing fanfics these days no longer as safe as in the past. Readers of this type got more sophisticated due to long association and much readings. You just never know when some buggers will jump out and point out the detailed bullshits in your writings.

NO wonder the amateurs run to the game development scenes. Whatever gaping holes their writings have, it can be covered by gameplay and the usual very high level of tolerance around here.

almondblight

Arcane
Why do most people seem to prefer potence to presence? Potence only seems to give a small increase to damage at the top levels while presence is a fairly strong debuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom