Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No I got 50B from industry revenue reporting, from MPAA, RIAA and counterparts.

You are then trying to lump in ancillary businesses. Its not close Chum.

MPAA and RIAA are America only—you’re comparing domestic movie + music to global game revenue. Apples and oranges.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The more I progress the worse the game gets. Dumping me in combat right after a cutscene (Which I didn't see because of a loading issue) with 20% health.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

That duel is not very practical,,he must have low stats. Most of my enemy die when i hit them on the weapon aka they try to block and don't have shields. It is ridiculous. Also combos are useless,if you have a problem with an enemy just push in him for struggle animation and after you win the struggle hit him on the head.
from the sound of it, most of you wish that stats had less of an effect on combat and/or there were level scaling. A reminder that this is how games like Skyrim play from the moment you start them, not when you are high level.

but I guess a lower level cap would also be feasible, along with the elimination of some of the more OP perks.
I just upgraded my CPU. Now I can finally play this game. And catch up on 100 pages of in this thread.
time to choose your side in the butthurt wars

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That duel is not very practical,,he must have low stats. Most of my enemy die when i hit them on the weapon aka they try to block and don't have shields. It is ridiculous. Also combos are useless,if you have a problem with an enemy just push in him for struggle animation and after you win the struggle hit him on the head.
from the sound of it, most of you wish that stats had less of an effect on combat and/or there were level scaling. A reminder that this is how games like Skyrim play from the moment you start them, not when you are high level.

but I guess a lower level cap would also be feasible, along with the elimination of some of the more OP perks.

Fuck scaling, but KCD’s difficulty curve/progression system could certainly use some tweaks. A lower level cap might be a good idea. Or maybe the higher levels provide less of a bonus. So going from 1-5 represents a huge leap, but going from 5-10 is less meaningful, etc... sort of diminishing marginal returns from stat boosts.

I’d also suggest gating master strikes until much later. Bernard shouldn’t teach them to you until your weapon skill is at 10 or something. As it is, the only things that unlock at higher levels are the new special combos, which are okay but much less integral to combat.

To be fair, the easiness of late game combat is a problem with all ARPGs and many regular RPGS. But as much as I like playing as an ubermensch in the end game, I could use a few more uber opponents or to be less uber myself.

Elex

Arbiter
The more I progress the worse the game gets. Dumping me in combat right after a cutscene (Which I didn't see because of a loading issue) with 20% health.
you don’t have the inventory full of (totally not magic) healing potion or the (totally realistic) wolverine perk?

Geckabor

Savant
What if a master strike/parry could only be achieved if blocking in the correct direction? Would make it at least feel more rewarding.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Another tip I picked up was to specify what cores different game threads are computed on. For my 4 physical/4 logical (no hyperthreading) i5-2500k CPU, I use this in my user.cfg

Code:
sys_main_CPU = 3
sys_physics_CPU = 0
sys_streaming_CPU = 2

Windows and background processes are likely to shit up your primary core (#0), which is why I offload something relatively undemanding like physics onto it. Setting streaming to the 2nd and main to 3rd were just educated guesses, but I didn't want to set main to 0 because of Windows, and I didn't want to set it to 4 in case the main thread can branch to CPU#+1. I.e. in my setup, use cores 3+4, whereas if I set main to 4, it would use 4+0, the slower core b/c of windows.

In short: BES 100% removed all my small freezes and stutters, but didn't improve my FPS. Specifying my CPU cores gave me a, no shit, 10 to 20 FPS boost in the center of Rattay. Where my system used to dog out around 30 to 35 fps while sprinting from the lower gate to the upper, and occasionally freeze for 1 or 2 seconds, I was getting 45 to 60 fps without freezes. It was so good I cranked up some more CPU intensive settings.

AwesomeButton
Unfortunately this made no difference for me. I'm sprinting with the horse through Rattay, entering through the gate from the Miller's side, then going via the main street through the exit that leads to the training ground, returning then from the training ground, through the other gate, back to the center square. With or without these CPU settings, I'm in the mid 30-ies of FPS. I have had no stutters to begin with, so I haven't used the anti-stutter mod. Maybe in my case it's my GPU that's the bottleneck (Gigabyte WindForce GTX 780 Factory OC)?

BTW, when I look at Resource Monitor, the CPU cores load doesn't seem at all different, with or without these CPU settings:

ucAecvS.jpg

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
you don’t have the inventory full of (totally not magic) healing potion or the (totally realistic) wolverine perk?

If there are healing potions I haven't seen any yet. The best I found was the marigold potion.

Elex

Arbiter
henry generally have perfect repaired equipment.
and enemies instead have half broken stuff and if you add henry intervention their gear get instantly destroyed.

they probally have to reduce malus on broken gear so enemy are more dangerous when they have good gear.

also: the treasures are so broken, basically free stuff easy to find and also 100% repaired, hidden stuff should be broken at 0% so you have at least to repair it (and if you want to sell it’s less valuable)

or put a pieces of gear in each treasure and you have to find a smith for rebuild the item so you don’t find the best sword of the game with a 99 money map in a treasure hidden close to the rattay mill.

and yes perk are broken and no sense.

Elex

Arbiter

If there are healing potions I haven't seen any yet. The best I found was the marigold potion.
https://kingdomcomedeliverance.wiki.fextralife.com/Lazarus+Potion

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
henry generally have perfect repaired equipment.
and enemies instead have half broken stuff and if you add henry intervention their gear get instantly destroyed.

they probally have to reduce malus on broken gear so enemy are more dangerous when they have good gear.

also: the treasures are so broken, basically free stuff easy to find and also 100% repaired, hidden stuff should be broken at 0% so you have at least to repair it (and if you want to sell it’s less valuable)

or put a pieces of gear in each treasure and you have to find a smith for rebuild the item so you don’t find the best sword of the game with a 99 money map in a treasure hidden close to the rattay mill.

and yes perk are broken and no sense.

THIS is the main reason I always wait a few months before playing my RPGs. All of them are ALWAYS misbalanced and need some love and care after release.

I'm gonna finally start my first playthrough of Elex since it seems no more patches or balance changes are incoming. Looking forward to KCD when the first DLC comes around.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer

There are some. Not sure what they're called in English, but they're significantly more powerful than the marigold one.

Shadenuat

Arcane
henry generally have perfect repaired equipment. and enemies instead have half broken stuff and if you add henry intervention their gear get instantly destroyed.
It 100% would go against their sumulationist paradigm but if enemies would only drop around 1-2 pieces of equipment and it would be always 0-30% broken it would make collecting your own armor set so much more meaningful and getting money harder.

PrettyDeadman

What's the best sword in the game?
I know of 2 good swords, one is bought at rattay swordmaster - it has 75 slash but like 56 pierce, the second in sheba sword, it has 65 pierce and slash, there is also one with shit slash but 75 piece (also bought at rattay swordsmith).

Does the sword you are talking about h as better numbers?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
henry generally have perfect repaired equipment. and enemies instead have half broken stuff and if you add henry intervention their gear get instantly destroyed.
It 100% would go against their sumulationist paradigm but if enemies would only drop around 1-2 pieces of equipment and it would be always 0-30% broken it would make collecting your own armor set so much more meaningful and getting money harder.

Yep. But it would also significantly multiplied the "looool such realism hahaha" comments. I've already seen stuff like "they brag the game is realistic but you can drink a potion to heal yourself looool, such BS". Random drops would make this sort of retardery much worse.

Elex

Arbiter

What's the best sword in the game?
I know of 2 good swords, one is bought at rattay swordmaster - it has 75 slash but like 56 pierce, the second in sheba sword, it has 65 pierce and slash, there is also one with shit slash but 75 piece (also bought at rattay swordsmith).

Does the sword you are talking about h as better numbers?

https://kingdomcomedeliverance.wiki.fextralife.com/St.+George's+Sword

i think is the reason why there is no dragons in RL.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm in the mid 30-ies of FPS. I have had no stutters to begin with, so I haven't used the anti-stutter mod. Maybe in my case it's my GPU that's the bottleneck (Gigabyte WindForce GTX 780 Factory OC)?
Disable HT and VSYNC. What CPU is that?

Shadenuat

Arcane
I've already seen stuff like "they brag the game is realistic but you can drink a potion to heal yourself looool, such BS". Random drops would make this sort of retardery much worse.
The cool thing is than potions increase Nourisment like food. So if you stucked up on food before combat to 120% you actually can't drink potion.

I would only keep basic potion in the game though, and remove Lazarus potion. It's a dumb potion.

Elex

Arbiter
I've already seen stuff like "they brag the game is realistic but you can drink a potion to heal yourself looool, such BS". Random drops would make this sort of retardery much worse.
The cool thing is than potions increase Nourisment like food. So if you stucked up on food before combat to 120% you actually can't drink potion.

I would only keep basic potion in the game though, and remove Lazarus potion. It's a dumb potion.
there is a potion for that the digestive

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Is there any word on the timeline for DLC or the sequel?
It's a mystery, but if I had to guess first DLC will be done in 6 months or a year. It's probably already fully written and was in production shortly before launch like it often is in the industry.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm in the mid 30-ies of FPS. I have had no stutters to begin with, so I haven't used the anti-stutter mod. Maybe in my case it's my GPU that's the bottleneck (Gigabyte WindForce GTX 780 Factory OC)?
Vsync is already disabled, though this is not relevant in a case where I can't reach 60fps anyway. What is "HT"? My CPU is i7 4790k

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Vsync is already disabled, though this is not relevant in a case where I can't reach 60fps anyway. What is "HT"? My CPU is i7 4790k
Go into BIOS during boot, find Hyperthreading (or HT) and disable it, then test it again with that configuration file that set threads like sys_main_CPU = 3 ...

If that works, enable HT again, and try multiply values by two, aka
sys_main_CPU = 6.

If both works, post about it there. Perhaps developers would get some clue. (I was solving stuff like that 15 years ago... While I have talent for multithreaded programming, one of the best, they should still be able to handle stuff like this decently. It just needs some testing, and possibly few special cases in game engine.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom