Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warcraft III: Reforged - now with lowest user metacritic score of all time

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Simply don't buy any blizzard games and don't give them any money. They are now an artistically worthless, trash company that can't die off soon enough. Last game I bought from them was starcraft remastered and that one was actually made by one guy who was part of the old guard.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
But don't buy Refunded whatever you do. Pick a copy of WC2 off of GOG and play that instead of this remake.
From a cursory look at some videos it's clear those two aren't even remotely the same. There are brand new cutscenes, obviously the 3D maps look and play different and some of them even seemed modified. There may be even more changes.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It might have cutscenes and shit but that's not worth giving money to Blizzard for this abortion of a product.

J1M

Arcane
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/chronicles-of-the-second-war-tides-of-darkness.327574/

Chronicles of the Second War: Tides of Darkness

Relive the events of Warcraft II orc campaign, reimagined in Reforged engine.
Experience rich lore from the events of the Second War, based on classic games and novels.
Enjoy the gameplay that merges best features of WC2 and WC3, through RTS and RPG missions.
Explore mysterious places and conquer mighty cities with beautifully crafted terrain and decorations.

Can it be played with the WC3 graphics or only the reforged graphics?

Trithne

Erudite
Simply don't buy any blizzard games and don't give them any money. They are now an artistically worthless, trash company that can't die off soon enough. Last game I bought from them was starcraft remastered and that one was actually made by one guy who was part of the old guard.
At some point I changed phones and forgot to migrate the fucking authenticator over. Subsequently I cannot log into my account. I put some token effort into getting back into it but found myself in a loop of not being able to log in because no authenticator, and not being able to access support because I couldn't log in.

I could call a helpdesk and get it sorted, but do I really want to go to that level of hassle for Blizzard games?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

Dr1f7

Scholar
It will be nice if there is a new single player game in warcraft. An RPG will be the best one.
just released bro, enjoy

WR_Updated_News_Trailer_Thumbnail_1920x1080.png

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
No real difference between Hearthstone and WarCraft Rumble. Both are mobile games aimed at a younger audience. It's still a fucking low blow seeing that grunt greening and looking at me.

If Heartstone and Rumble are aimed for kids and WoW is aimed at teens why can't they make something with the WarCraft ip that's aimed for adults or at least has some grit to it. Why does every Blizz related media reek of spineless cuckism.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
No real difference between Hearthstone and WarCraft Rumble. Both are mobile games aimed at a younger audience. It's still a fucking low blow seeing that grunt greening and looking at me.

If Heartstone and Rumble are aimed for kids and WoW is aimed at teens why can't they make something with the WarCraft ip that's aimed for adults or at least has some grit to it. Why does every Blizz related media reek of spineless cuckism.
Because they learned 20 years ago if you aim at kids you'll cover kids, teens AND a huge chunk of infantile 35 yo men who play with pokemons and my little ponies.

If you aim at adults, you only get adults.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

When I see infantile/cartoony art direction I cringe...

Just look at Rennaisance era games... PST, Fallout, Arcanum, Morrowind... even other genres... Alpha Centauri, Starcraft, Heroes 3... All have a mature style, dunno what happened

Dr1f7

Scholar
uhh sorry honey 'adults' and 'grit' are problematic am I going to need to report you to HR?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Because they learned 20 years ago if you aim at kids you'll cover kids, teens AND a huge chunk of infantile 35 yo men who play with pokemons and my little ponies.

Fake news

When we played the games I mentioned above, we were kids

I have a better theory. Kids now =/= kids then

Dr1f7

Scholar

Fake news

yeah boys back then saw muscled men like uther and were inspired
boys today see muscled men and think "erhmmm what gender is that? I want soy beans!"

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

True that.

I grew up watching Schwarzenegger, Stallone and Bruce Lee.

Today boys only have estrogen soaked female centric capeshit to "enjoy". And then we're shocked they play with nintendo and ponies when they grow up.

EruDaan

Arcane

Because the people at the top are completely desinterested in the thing they are the CEO of and the only thing that interests them is their multi million salary at the end of the year / stock options.

The shareholders couldn't care less about the endproduct as long as their stocks go up.

The programmers, producers and engineers are blue hairs, tattoed, man-bun wearing noodle arms with the mind focused on inclooosivity and work in spaces with hug rooms, ball baths and meditation rooms... they are physically and mentally unably to produce ANYTHING closely adult themed.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
lots of blood and gore on the first pic

its not the same

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom