Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

deuxhero

Arcane
mods or admins. . .

7Upwolm.gif

please make this image my signature. it's an emergency.

Well the hell does "he-so-ta-i" mean (I'm assuming the third is supposed to be ta, flames make it impossible to tell)?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
That's actually some pretty good Key moeshit. The main writer is the same guy who did Cross+Channel.

Wat?

So protag is the guy in the black dress in the middle?

Uh, no cross-dressing. :lol:

Romeo Tanaka, truly? Well, in that case...

Yup. If I recall correctly Jun Maeda of everything-else-KEY-has-ever-done fame is only involved with the music. Still, KEY being KEY, expect moeblob-ness to a certain extent. Ryukishi07 (Higurashii/Umineko) also has a hand in writing one of the routes.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
Helly

you are the man forever

YOU ARE THE MAN FOR ALL TIME, FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just one request. Please don't change the English in the intro. It is perfect. It has permanently embedded itself into my brain and it is one of my favorite things in the world. So please don't change that.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MAN

so pumped right now

helly you are the man

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
How did you do it? Are you hex editing? I've done hex editing before as well as graphical hacking, but never on a serious project and never on anything with SUBCHANNELS or whatever. What programs are you using? Are you using tutorials?

Dude I'm pumped.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I'm nowhere near being jCodex, but I'm pretty interested in this. Looking forward to dehumanizing myself and facing to bloodshed.

Also, observe cboyardee's massive erection.

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
1- Promise codex a good old japanese game's translation
2- Upload a photoshopped pic
3- Reap brofists and KKKs
4- ???
5- PROFIT!!!

:troll:
It's not photoshopped :oops:

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
In all seriousness, thanks for the support ! :thumbsup:
This is actually going pretty well, so much better than expected !
So, next steps:
1) Extract the japanese kana
2) Try out several text modifications
3) Translate everything
4) Put everything back in the .fdi
As a matter of fact, I almost finished extracting every single bit of japanese from the code, so that it's that much easier to translate. My last step before starting the whole translation bit is to try modifying different kinds of text (like stuff during fights, objects' name, etc...). I just want to make sure I can't break the game :?
I'm pretty sure this'll all be done way before march if all goes smoothly.

cboyardee Yep, I'm hex editing it ! The guy behind the Farland Saga did the exact same thing and it worked OK for him it seems ! I'm currently using Ultraedit and Notepad++ without any tutorials. I went through the romhackers' stuff, but in the end it's much easier the way I do it: open the .fdi with Ultraedit and directly translate the japanese in english. That's all :D

On another note, I'll definitely need beta-testers to help me make sure I didn't miss any japanese :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom