Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tessera close his site

likaq

Arcane
It is a very sad day... and it is also a final day for me. "Tessera" no longer exists, as of this moment. My web site... no, OUR web site... has been completely erased from the server and I have formally requested that my account with our host be terminated. I did this to ensure that I do not allow myself to be tempted to just "return again," as I have done several times in the past. The entire web site is GONE, folks. As in totally deleted and thrown into the trash, including all of the backups that I had on my local machine. The files, the articles, the videos, the artwork, the Forums... all of it has been completely destroyed. In short, the server will be physically taken down at the end of this payment period, which ends on August 31st (it's a pre-paid contract). And it can never be restored... not even if I wanted to. I have made certain of that. Also, all of my YouTube videos have been deleted by myself. In fact, my entire YouTube channel has largely been edited and erased, by my own hand. I guess what I am doing is killing "Tessera," once and for all. The people do not seem to care...]so "Tessera" may as well bow out.

:?

http://tessmage.com/

Latest version of True patch to bloodlines can be downloaded from here:

http://www.tessmage.com/True_Patch_Gold_FINAL.rar

Link will be active until the end of August.

Silellak

Cipher
Dear lord you left out the best parts - Wikipedia conspiracy theories and a giant "fuck you" to 99.99% of the people who will ever see the message.

To those select few of you who have shown a great effort to support this web site throughout its history:

Don't tell yourselves that you weren't much help during the recent Wikipedia conflict. Good people like Schu, Cylnar, Perez, Arglaar and a few others did an exemplary job at bringing the facts out into the open. And you also did an excellent job at directly challenging the Wikipedia staff, and "calling them out" regarding the ambiguity of their biased policies and their unsatisfactory responses. Clearly there is more going on below the surface than they are willing to openly admit. But that shouldn't surprise any of us. Wikipedia Org. has posted their annual budget on their site, and the amount is something on the order of 20 million dollars. You don't think they collected that kind of scratch from little old ladies sending in dollar bills through the mail, do you..? Of course not... they take in most of those donations from corporate sponsors, who then use their Wikipedia contributions as a tax write-off. And of course, they expect something in return for those donations. Such is the way of the world, in the horribly corrupt 21st century. Unbiased sources of information are becoming increasingly scarce. How else could one explain the existence of an abomination like Fox News..? Or the Wikipedia, for that matter... as we have now seen quite clearly.

As for the vast majority of you who sat on your asses like cud-chewing sheep..? Go to hell.

srsbns.jpg

Lockkaliber

Magister
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I just read his take on the conflict with Wesp. How much of that is true, I wonder?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Enlighten me. Who is What was Tessera, and why should I give a damn?

[edit]

Nevermind. Read the page. Guess I shouldn't give a damn after all.

Silellak

Cipher
Holy fucking shit. I know I'm out of the loop on the Bloodlines Patch Drama, but this is comedy gold.

This is the complete and 100% accurate story of how everything really went down.

Wesp smugly said "If you don't like my patch then go make your own -- if you can." I think he figured that we would cave in to his Aryan greatness when he said that... LOL.

Despite the fact that Wesp is a retarded little douchebag, his protests were justified in my eyes

At one point, he was even going so far as to repeatedly sabotage the True Patch entries on the Wikipedia, either on his own or with the help of his slimy little goons from the Planet Vampire community.

There were a few times when I confronted Wesp in places like the Steam forums (which eventually banned me after I tore Wesp a new asshole)

And finally:
this_is_your_brain_TPG_ad.jpg

Wow. Just wow.

InternetToughGuy.jpg

Antihero

Liturgist
So what was it? Was some article on their VtM:B patch to be deleted as unnoteworthy, and some citation referring to GameBanshee as a corporate site wasn't good enough for a Wikipedia editor, so this is their response?

I could see it getting a brief mention in the main article on VtM:B, but then Wikipedia never liked to actually be helpful if they can instead be dull (it's not a HOWTO site, but a prestigious encyclopedia!)

No big loss except maybe the Malk nude mod, you know, if you're into that sort of thing. I presume somebody will mirror the True Patch (TM) if there isn't some crusade to ask people to take it down.

Silellak

Cipher
Ed123 said:
Silellak said:
Ed123 said:
Ulminati said:
Enlighten me. Who is What was Tessera, and why should I give a damn?

Maker of a rival series of Bloodline Patches to Wesp's, focusing purely on bugfixing and such creating drama.
Fixed. :smug:

Bullshit. More of Wesp's little minions swarming over RPGWESPEX trying to sabotage my life's work fucking sheeple where the fuck are the moderators why isn't anyone doing anything about these defamatory claims holy shit what is that box in the top right hand corner fucking corporate sellout whores William "Good" Randolph "Old" Hearst "Games" fuck
kane_clap.gif

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Serious question: which patch is better, Wesp's or Tessera's? Tessera goes on for a while about how his patch his better without really saying why we should pick it over Wesp's.

Antihero

Liturgist
Same here. First time I played it through it was only with the official developer patches anyway, and it seemed good enough, so I took Wesp's plus patch afterwards to see what else there was. Although I'm sure there's some actual fixes people care about.

I'm not really sure anymore if it was the unofficial Wesp patch doing it, but did those "gimps" in Grout's mansion originally call out "stop right there!" in that nasally security guard voice?

Oh the drama.
Same question again: has anyone actually played the game start to finish with Tessera's patch and can compare it with Wesp's? Personallly, I completed Bloodlines only once with the 1.2 patch (bug-free enough for a first play-through) and played a little with older version of Wesp's.

edit: the wiki article is better without info about either patch:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... =377005350

Luzur

Good Sir
so he completely kills everything he got (including his computer) because wikipedia was bad to him?

did i get that right? didnt read it all, too long.

UGO Entertainment, the parent company of GameBanshee, is a subsidiary of the Hearst Corporation. You may have heard that name before. As in... William Randolph Hearst, the billionaire who founded numerous highly successful newspapers all over the country and lived in an actual castle in So. Calif. And you may have heard of his famous daughter Patty, who was kidnapped by the SLA in the early 70's and later became a revolutionary herself. The Hearst Corporation was founded in the early part of the last century and it continues to be one of the largest and most influential corporations in the United States.

IT DOESN'T GET ANY MORE CORPORATE THAN THAT.
BROTHER NONE IS AN ILLUMINATI AGENT

Thats what I got out of it anyways

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn, this patch is 445 MB huge. Oh well, I'll sacrifice myself to download it and then upload somewhere else. Might be useful for some future drama :smug:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'd love to put them both in the same room and put a knife in the middle or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom