Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tessera close his site

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Having played through Bloodlines with both patches, I can say that Wesp's is far better. If you don't like the gameplay changes the basic patch is still miles ahead of tessera's crap. People need to realize that developer intent isn't sacred, though.

Multi-headed Cow

You're joking about regaining humanity by dancing in clubs right?

ortucis

Prophet
Xor said:
People need to realize that developer intent isn't sacred, though.

Yeah, for example, it's OK to replace Frodo with Wolverine in LOTR because most viewers wanted action, not whining and crying all the way to Mordor.

Damn you Jackson!
:x

laclongquan

Arcane
Xor said:
Having played through Bloodlines with both patches, I can say that Wesp's is far better. If you don't like the gameplay changes the basic patch is still miles ahead of tessera's crap. People need to realize that developer intent isn't sacred, though.

This is one example of subtle trolling and quiet sabotage.

:thumbsup:

Multi-headed Cow

I have only ever used Wesp's patch so I can fairly state that Wesp's patch is best.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... 971&page=1

proper show how to fight a forum flame war. Wesp stays polite throughout the entire thread. on page 2-3 the tess attack squad rolls in (saulot, etc) and keeps flinging ad hominem and outright insults at wesp while maintaining HE was the flamer. Funny stuff!

I'll download the Tesspatch and check out if there is any basis for the increased difficulty claim.

Multi-headed Cow

Jumped to the last page for the hell of it, saw person providing links to examples of Wesp trolling, all links were broken, chuckled.

God damn I wish Steam would run a deal on Bloodlines again. I'd like a deal on the Fallout collection too. $5 each please Gabe Newell good sir.

ortucis said:
Xor said:
People need to realize that developer intent isn't sacred, though.

Yeah, for example, it's OK to replace Frodo with Wolverine in LOTR because most viewers wanted action, not whining and crying all the way to Mordor.

Damn you Jackson!
:x

I think our minds work rather differently:).

You see, if most mods focussed on that rather than replacing various characters' clothing with nude meshes, I'd be saying 'damn it, that's why I wish movies could/would get modded like computer games!'

Hell, I love the books and like the film series. But fuck yeah I'd rewatch all 12 hours of the extended DVD versions if someone did a good replacement of Frodo with Wolverine. Hell, would be worth it just for the lulz of all the homo-erotic stuff with Sam (Gambit? Iceman?) in the 3rd act.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Well just started tesspatch up and strolled around a bit. There are balancing differences already:

- That yuppie guy next to mercurio's place has a higher persuasion check than wesp (I had 5)
- Only one blood puppet in "The Asylum" (Danielle, who you can plant at the blood bank)

I have no memories how the vanilla game was in these respects though.

edit: persuasion check is equal but tesspatch doesn't give you money

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
Multi-headed Cow said:
God damn I wish Steam would run a deal on Bloodlines again. I'd like a deal on the Fallout collection too. $5 each please Gabe Newell good sir.

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF. YOU ARE THE REASON NOBODY CAN HAVE NICE THINGS EVER.

Coyote said:
You can still access the website on Wayback Machine: http://web.archive.org/web/20080113212751re_/www.tessmage.com/. I don't think the downloads are backed up, though.

Regardless of the merits of his patch, one has to admit that he provided among the finest drama shows ever.

BULLETIN:
GAME VIXEN ZONE OPENLY
STEALS MODS FROM TESSERA

Many of you have written to me, asking me why I suddenly retired and whether I would reconsider my decision. I sincerely appreciate your concern.

I want all of you to know that I did not make that decision simply to be vindictive.

I was tired and hurt, after seeing too many examples of my work being stolen and abused. I was sickened to see people who openly admitted to enjoying my mods, and yet they would trash and bash me left and right on other websites. There is only so much of that type of leeching and abuse that any artist can handle, and I am certainly no exception. And now, in a disgusting turn of events, the administrator ("Trent") of Game Vixen Zone has vowed to steal my work and use it to promote his own commercial website. IF YOU ARE A MODDER AND IF YOU ARE READING THIS, THEN I WANT YOU TO CAREFULLY CONSIDER THE PRECEDENT THAT GAME VIXEN ZONE IS SETTING HERE TODAY. All of us want to feel as if our work is appreciated and that our desires will be respected. Unscrupulous thieves like Game Vixen Zone could very well pull the same shit on you as they are pulling on me. Just think about that, as you read a transcript of my expression of outrage to GVZ. Shortly after it was posted, Trent deleted my post. He continues to inists that because he does not like me personally, he can do whatever he feels like doing with MY WORK. Not only that... Game Vixen Zone is a semi-commercial website. By using my mods to draw more users to their site, they will effectively be MAKING MORE MONEY AT MY EXPENSE AND AGAINST MY WISHES. MODDERS... BEWARE OF GVZ..!!!

Read the following transcript... all of you:

http://www.gamevixenzone.com/gvz/viewto ... 9409#p9329

Re: Hellgate nude by Tessmage
by Trent on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Yes we can upload files here.
Speaking of which since Tessmage keeps going down because the author isn't happy with the lack of public attention (boo hoo?) I am going to allow you guys to upload mods from there to here despite approval or not because you guys deserve to enjoy these mods and noone owns the rights to releasing them anyway.

Trent

And my protest against what GVZ was doing by stealing my work... which was censored very quickly by Trent:

Re: Hellgate nude by Tessmage
by Rasterburn on Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:59 pm

My my, Trent... I already knew that you were the kind of talentless putz who would whore out his supposed "adult" site to Google (and whomever else is preventing you from providing any TRULY uncensored adult content at GVZ, whilst you collect nickels and dimes from them).

What I did not expect, however, was that you are also an amoral, thieving little prick.

So it is your intention now to effectively steal my work, totally without my permission, and thus gain users for your miserably dull website at my expense..? And this seems RIGHT to you, Trent..?

Now shall I tell you and everyone else EXACTLY why it was that I shut tessmage.com down to the general public..? It was not because of "fame" or "hissy fits" or anything else of such a petty nature, Trent. It was because people like you were leeching my work from my site, and giving absolutely nothing back in return. Unlike this repressive little roach motel of yours, we do not accept advertising of any kind. My site was always a 100% free website, that I have generously paid for out of my own pocket. It is akin to the grassroots fansites of old... from a time that you are probably too young to even remember, Trent. And on such member-driven fansites, it is expected that everyone contributes towards keeping the place active and enriched. Well, I did not feel that most of our "members" were holding up their end... thus, I closed the doors on nearly all of them. A very select few remain, and they are all veterans who have been strong contributors to our community.

Considering the high quality of the artwork in my mods, I am not surprised that thieves like Trent would rush at the chance to feature MY WORK on his floundering and UNAUTHORIZED website.

You had better think very carefully about the precedent that you are setting here today, Trent. I can not stop you, but I can give you a warning on behalf of every single top modder in the business: if we feel that our work will not be respected by people like you, then eventually, modders will shy away from your leeching, parasitic website altogether. I will also place a transcript of this thread on the entry and main pages of my own site -- a site which receives several thousand visitors per week -- complete with your comments, and your admission that you plan to steal my work without my permission. I will warn other modders against contributing ANYTHING to Game Vixen Zone, because the admin of GVZ is a shockingly larcenous sleazebag, who feels that he is somehow entitled to the creative output of others.

I demand that you remove any and all of my work from your website immediately. If you fail to do the right thing, then consider yourself henceforth to be firmly at the top of my shit list. Only a total prick would steal work from other modders, and then deviously use it to help "sell" his piece of shit quasi-commercial borefest. In fact, since my stolen mods will be bringing extra visitors to your site, and since your site piggishly accepts advertising dollars, then I think that I will get in touch with your sponsors... and see what they think about your shameless thievery.

Think it over, Trent. If you alienate the modding community by setting a nasty precedent like this, then your already dull website could very well end up being a pitifully boring, dried-up dustbowl within six months. If you are actually willing to openly steal from one of the finest texture modders on the web, then I have no doubt that other modders will wonder just how long it will be before you pull the exact same shit on THEM, too.

I would like to thank you, however... for providing an excellent example to everyone of exactly why I decided to retire. You have illustrated my reasons beautifully. You are no better than a goddamned leech, Trent. How anyone could possibly have any respect for you at this point is beyond my ability to fathom. I may be lots of things, Trent... but the one thing that I have never been is a shameless parasite. What I have... I created MYSELF. How about you, Sparky..?

- Tessera -

NOW YOU CAN SEE FOR YOURSELVES WHY TESSERA HAS RETIRED FROM THE MODDING SCENE. I DO NOT LOSE ANYTHING FROM THIS DECISION... IT IS ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE LOST ANY CHANCE OF OBTAINING ANY FUTURE MODS FROM ME. THAT WILL INCLUDE MY NEW HI-RES HELLGATE MOD THAT I HAVE RECENTLY COMPLETED.

ASK YOURSELVES IF IT WAS WORTH THE PRICE.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU.

TO THOSE FEW WHO ACTIVELY SUPPORTED WHAT IT WAS THAT I HAD BEEN TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH, I THANK YOU AND I WISH YOU WELL.

Still not convinced..? Then read our Forums for more details about
the revolting and deceitful website known as "Game Vixen Zone."
WARNING: CONTAINS FACTUAL BUT EXPLICIT AND DISTURBING MATERIAL.
<Amnesty international "stop violence against women" banner>
SHOW WOMEN THAT YOU LOVE THEM and BOYCOTT RAP and HIP-HOP

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
WTF, this is like ancient news...

But ok, Tessera drama is always good drama.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Oh Tess. Is Wesp truly the only sane and rational modder?
Or is it just Qwinn, Drog and Tessera who smear the reputation of all others? Haven't heard any crazy shit from Killap either, though...

Felix

Arcane
They are multiple personalities of a single entity.

joke post

GarfunkeL said:
Oh Tess. Is Wesp truly the only sane and rational modder?
Or is it just Qwinn, Drog and Tessera who smear the reputation of all others? Haven't heard any crazy shit from Killap either, though...
ghostdog is a p. cool guy.

edit: many others too. I can't remember drama from the bigg (Infinity Engine games) or scient (PST).

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Well, always give a break to the guys who try to make bugfixing patches, because it's very hard work and most of the time not very rewarding. On the other hand guys like me and the Vanished one aren't real modders. We tried to replay PST, got annoyed with the way it looked on our high res widescreen LCD and tried to fix that for our own selfish reasons. (Oh and thank god Bigg had already made the widescreen mod)

Not to mention that when it comes to Tessera's "true patch" almost all of the work was done by Acrimonious, who didn't give a shit about all the drama. Tessera's modding work was basically nude skins.

What you said. I never did anything more complex than writing two easy lines of code, and the rest of the work only required patience. Motivation is plentiful when results are immediately visible; also, there is little chance of making serious mistakes or breaking the game when all the serious business is already done by the widescreen mod.
My mod can't really be compared to yours since a long time though. You do deserve the SRS MODR credits ;)

zodden

Scholar
1eyedking said:
For fuck's sake, as if Bloodlines were that popular.

Poor loser(s).

Considering its just made the Codex top five all time games I would say its popularity is increasing. That and the fact that its got a large active modding community almost 6 years after release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom