Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GTA4 PC is out

Heresiarch

Prophet
Apparently it's on Steam. Anyone getting it?

Black

Arcane
racofer said:
Why? It's a POS compared to the previous titles. Only more GRAPHIX and BLOOM and PHYSICS.
That's what's cool and hip nowadays. What's not to like?

A user named cat

racofer said:
Why? It's a POS compared to the previous titles. Only more GRAPHIX and BLOOM and PHYSICS.
Uh, multiplayer? If you've ever played multi-theft auto (buggy but a blast), then you'd know why that makes this game one many are looking forward to grabbing. Considering every title in the series gets boring after about a week, the MP aspect easily puts this over the others.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Have you checked the amount of DRM you need to run this thing? Secushit + Games for Windows Live + Rockstar Social Club Account + STEAM.

Oh yes, and on top of all that, it requires the Disc to be on drive at all times LOOOLOLOL.

ALL this shit for one game, L0LIP0PS.

San Andreas requires the game + the multiplayer thing.

Lord_Summoner

Novice
racofer said:
Secushit + Games for Windows Live + Rockstar Social Club Account + STEAM.
Oh yes, and on top of all that, it requires the Disc to be on drive at all times

that's worse than capital punishment

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Man, this is one of my favorites of all time. Admittingly, I have it on the Seksbawx. "Three Leaf Clover" is an amazing gaming experience. I spent a lot of time on this fucking game, and loved a lot of it.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
It looks a LOT more polished than the previous GTAs, and by polished I mean consistent setting, lots of little details, supposedly few bugs, instead of polish as in bloom HURRR.

That said, I have no idea why anyone would buy or even pirate this before mods come out.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Jaime Lannister said:
and by polished I mean consistent setting
I dunno, I thought it was pretty weird that the story is all 'OMG GRITTY REALISM' while the radio stations do their usual satirical stuff.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
ghostdog said:
Is the port any good ?

Apparently, the game hasn't been optimized for ATI cards at all, which leads to constant framerate problems. Hopefully, an upcoming driver release will fix the issues.

Deleted member 7219

GTA 4 is a very good game. I don't know what it is like on PC, though.

Longshanks

Augur
Barrow_Bug said:
Matt7895 said:
GTA 4 is a very good game. I don't know what it is like on PC, though.

:) Agreed, Beth should play it and learn about writing good dialog :lol: :lol:
Or just make an enjoyable sandbox game generally. Though, they've obviously taken some cues, they weren't exactly well done.

The main thing that makes GTA fun to play, and Beth's games tedious for me is one has combat every inch of the way, making exploration a chore, whereas the other allows you to explore more or less at your leisure, plus driving trumps walking.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Fat Dragon said:
Vice City was shit. Anyways, I played the shit out of 4 on the 360. Very fun fucking game, the best of the series for me. And multiplayer is indeed a blast.
Meh, GTA4 introduces too much bullshit in an attempt to be gritty and realistic rather than just being a kickass and loving homage to the movies and books that inspired the games.

Vice City have great music, an all-star cast and introduced motorcycles and the ability to change clothes. And that's at least two things GTA4 owe it to VC. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom