Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Dance with Rogues - 47 - Divided We Stand (Finished)

My Princess will be Augmented

• The Cloak - Shadowdancer

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • The Dagger - Assassin

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Norfleet

Breaking Axe said:
Oh yeah, definitely take assassin if you're going to do more than level dip into shadowdancer.
He can't. NWN engine only gives you a maximum of 3 classes, and he's already got 2. Adding SD levels brings him up to a third class, which is max. Assassin levels wouldn't really help him any, anyway. Given how pumped up all the enemies are, it is very unlikely they will ever blow a save and just DIE.

Can Aisha set traps? Those can be the easy way out for any combat. If you can craft traps you can buy the materials yourself very cheaply in some places.

Shadowdancer is your best bet, but you need to find some way to get that BAB up and taking SD makes it one lower. Finesse + Dex boosters + Enchanting your weapon could be a good idea.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Chapter 25: One Night Stand

Music: Spectre

Vico appears shortly.

01.jpg

nat.jpg
Vico.
vico.jpg
Nathan. Caught me downstairs. Seems we've got a little problem with a serving girl putting coins in her own pocket.
nat.jpg
That has to wait. We may have found the hideout of the Dhorn collaborators. Aisha recognized one of the gladiators under the arena. Take her and a few others and put an end to this unfortunate situation.
vico.jpg
Good as done.

02.jpg

LP Comment: This dialog affects how many henchmen we're taking with us. But I don't know if it affects the XP gains when fighting these goons etc. But whatever, Vico is on God Mode anyway for narration purpose.

ai.jpg
Perhaps four or five, but there were guards too.
vico.jpg
They won't bother us, trust me. But I'm going to take two of our men with us so the pretty lady may feel safe. Lead the way now.

I lead our small group back to the arena. The guards step aside without a word when they see Vico approach. It appears that Master Nathan's organization is pretty well known. Or Vico. Or both. In any case, it does not take long before we arrive at our destination. The hideout of the thugs, working for the Dhorn.

03.jpg

vico.jpg
This is going to get ugly. You might want to stand back a little, birdie.
ai.jpg
You wish. I want to see these bastards bleed.
vico.jpg
Someone's a little bloodthirsty, huh?
ai.jpg
In this special case, yes.
vico.jpg
Just don't die, okay? Wouldn't enjoy having to tell Nate that these bastards got you.
ai.jpg
Worry about yourself.
vico.jpg
I really mean it. Be careful, little princess.

I nod and inch forward with the rest behind me.

04.jpg

LP Comment: We won't be able to kill this bastard anytime soon...but it's good to know his stats.

I spot a lone gladiator beyond the portcullis and take aim with my crossbow.

05.jpg

As soon as I let the crossbow bolt fly, Vico pounces on the opponents.

06.jpg

A storm of blood follows as Vico tears into one opponent to the next, his sword glows crimson red as it disappear and reappear from the repeated stabs.

07.jpg

I take a couple of deep breaths.

vico.jpg
Okay, we gotta leave the place quickly before the patrol arrives. I'm sure somebody has heard the noise.
ai.jpg
What about the corpses?
vico.jpg
No time to get sentimental. Let's be off.

Idiot. I didn't mean it like that. I kneel down and search the bodies for any valuables. I came up with several great axes that severely weights me down. And it's not even magical. The other rogues joked that I probably need to purchase a bag of holding if I'm desperate to haul such heavy loot. I nod in agreement as I lead them out of the arena.

08.jpg

Once outside, we head down to the sewers to evade the patrols. Shortly later, we return to Nathan's office.

09.jpg

nat.jpg
You are back. How did it go?
vico.jpg
We got them all. Was quite a massacre. But Aisha handled herself pretty well.
nat.jpg
I didn't expect any less. Well done.
ai.jpg
It felt good killing these traitors.
vico.jpg
Looks like someone's finally growing up.

Vico glances at me. I glare back at him.

nat.jpg
We'll need to keep a low profile for a while now, Aisha. Talk to Alfons, Mando and Jacia for available jobs. But don't show your face too much in public.
ai.jpg
Don't worry, I'll be careful.

The group leaves and return to their own business. I return to my apartment to digest what I've learned today.

10.jpg

11.jpg

LP Comment: This is pretty critical, and a requirement for Shadowdancer. This should help when attempting to disengage from melee.

12.jpg

With my clerical studies, I've unlocked the second circle of divine magic.

13.jpg

14.jpg

My Knowledge Domain allows me to bypass any lock with the Almighty's Blessings.

LP Comment: This shit is broken. Basically I can ditch with the expensive locks and just rely on this perhaps once or twice a day.

The next morning, I head to the market in search for a Bag of Holding.

15.jpg

The price is exorbitant, but the shopkeeper assures me that it works. True enough, my shield and leather armor felt weightless when placed within the bag. Satisfied, I make payment and return to the hideout.

16.jpg

There, I return to Jacia and hand over Vald's key. She smiles and hand me a small sum of gold.

jac.jpg
I've got another task for you, if you're interested.
ai.jpg
Sure.
jac.jpg
I want you to kill Vald.
ai.jpg
Tell me more.
vald.jpg
There's not much to say. Here's the key you've stolen. Use it to get into the house. Find him and kill hmi. Oh, and be a real sugar and bring me his head afterwards, will you?

I nod grimly as she place the key on my open palm. The enemies of the Family must die, I grip the key tightly in my fist. Jacia notes my resolve, a faint smile plays around her lips.

jac.jpg
The address is 15, Squire's Road. In western Betancuria.

I left without a word, following the passages of the sewers beneath the city, I emerge at the Western district. I begin my search for Vald's home.

17.jpg

It did not take long. The key fits. I don my leather armor and ready my dagger.

18.jpg

Vald is asleep. His lone guard dog unaware of its master's imminent death.

19.jpg

I slammed the dagger down his lungs, killing him instantly. His eyes wide open as he gurgle his final words. His guard dog finally sensed the intruder, only too late.

20.jpg

I butchered his dog and turn my attention to his corpse. I bring the corpse upright and begin the grim task of sawing Vald's head off. Minutes later, I tore at his bed sheet, folding it around his head, making a nice wrap to absorb the blood. Wouldn't want to dirty my pack. I leave the house and gaze at Tald's Tavern. It's time.

21.jpg

The Dhorn scum is still there, drinking. He smiled upon noticing my return. Without word, I took his hand and nod. He leads me back to the same house. This time, I give it my all.

22.jpg

He groans and shudders, and I feel his member pulsing inside me, coating my inner walls with his warm, sticky semen. Gasping for breath he collapses on top of me. I cuddle and caress for a few moments, purring like kitten.

jero.jpg
You were amazing, little coo...

He gives me a bright, happy smile.

ai.jpg
I'm glad that you enjoyed it.
jero.jpg
I think you've just fucked my brains out.

He grins again.

ai.jpg
I've got a question. I'm looking for two Dhorn soldiers. They both have clean-shaven heads, and one of them has a hook for a hand. I was wondering if you knew them, by chance.
jero.jpg
Reyne and Marric?

He gives me a suspicious look.

jero.jpg
Why are you looking for them?
ai.jpg
I thought they might wish to spend some time with me, perhaps.
jero.jpg
I don't think they'd be very nice to you, little coo.
ai.jpg
(Persuade) Aw, come on. Please...?
jero.jpg
Hm, you're really serious about this, aren't you? *He scratches his chin.* Ah well. Okay. But don't blame me if you get yourself into trouble, little coo.
ai.jpg
Worried about me?

I smile at him. Even a fellow Dhorn can be afraid of other Dhorn's brutality, eh? I better be careful, then.

jero.jpg
Yeah, a bit. Reyne and Marric are in the interrogation business, if you get my meaning. They 're usually busy in the cells. I'd really stay away from them if I were you.
ai.jpg
I think I've seen them at Tald's tavern.
jero.jpg
Yeah, could be. They often used to hang around at Tald's in the evenings, but not much lately. I've heard Marric got himself a little girlfriend who keeps him and his hook busy. *He smirks.*
ai.jpg
I see.
jero.jpg
Maybe Reyne's trying to find a girl, too? I think I've once seen him at the Lion's Head Inn, picking on some serving wench. I really gotta go now, look me up at Tald's again, okay?
ai.jpg
Sure, I will.

This lead will have to do. I rise from the bed and get dressed, tucking the dagger in my belt. Wasting no time, I make my way to the Northern district where the Lion's Head Inn is located.

23.jpg

Tonight...they'll pay for what they've done.

01.jpg

I found him seated on a table. I approach him warily.

02.jpg

The man briefly eyes me up and down when I approach. Yes. I remember him. That's one of the Dhorn from the sewers, who killed Caron. I could probably attack him right here, though that might cause a little commotion. I should lure him into going upstairs with me. Somewhere secluded. Which might be much safer, and I might be able to find out where Marric is, too...

dhorn1.jpg
What's up, wench?

The man frowns at me. I try my best to keep up the act.

ai.jpg
Hi there, handsome. Are you looking for company?
dhorn1.jpg
You're a whore?

He carefully regards me.

ai.jpg
What do you think?

He nods slowly.

dhorn1.jpg
Show me your cunt.
ai.jpg
Here?
dhorn1.jpg
I want to make sure you're not a Dhorn.

I don't care anymore, there's too much at stake. I glance around to make sure nobody's watching. then pull my clothes aside a moment so he can look at my pubes. He nods slowly, glancing at my exposed flesh.

dhorn1.jpg
You take it up your ass?
ai.jpg
Sure.
dhorn1.jpg
You've got a room?
ai.jpg
We could just rent one here.
dhorn1.jpg
Okay. Come.

We quickly walk over to the innkeeper and Reyne pays for a standard room. Then we go upstairs together.

03.jpg

We enter a small room with a single bed. The Dhorn closes the door behind us.

dhorn1.jpg
Okay, take off your clothes and get on the bed.

I watch him carefully, noting his strong physique and swallowed hard. I can't face him directly. Perhaps..if I get him to lower his guard?

LP Comment: Tried beating this bastard one on one and it didn't work out after three tries.

It's not or never.

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

LP Comment: Yay?

RK47

Patron
Overweight Manatee said:
Can Aisha set traps? Those can be the easy way out for any combat. If you can craft traps you can buy the materials yourself very cheaply in some places.

Shadowdancer is your best bet, but you need to find some way to get that BAB up and taking SD makes it one lower. Finesse + Dex boosters + Enchanting your weapon could be a good idea.

Yes I will utilize traps, but there's often no time to set it up, because combat isn't something I plan on getting into. Most of the time, encounters takes place right after dialogues. But I'm sure Shadowdancers can get around that limitation with Hide in Plain Sight button of awesome.

Breaking Axe

Educated
Norfleet said:
Breaking Axe said:
Oh yeah, definitely take assassin if you're going to do more than level dip into shadowdancer.
He can't. NWN engine only gives you a maximum of 3 classes, and he's already got 2. Adding SD levels brings him up to a third class, which is max. Assassin levels wouldn't really help him any, anyway. Given how pumped up all the enemies are, it is very unlikely they will ever blow a save and just DIE.

Yes, I'm well aware of that. I'm merely indicating my preference for assassin over a build that has more than one level in shadowdancer since RK47 has indicated that he intends to stick to a prestige class once he's taken it. While a one level dip in shadowdancer followed by a continuous advancement in rogue might well be more favourable than assassin, it is arguable whether 9 extra levels in the class is much of a trade off for HiPS at level one. Death attack is shitty in the low levels but with enough intelligence boosting and ten levels in assassin the DC can be decent, and at least you get sneak attack progression. It really depends if the levels of the Dhorne progressively increase with the princess' or if they're on a plateau.

RK47

Patron
Breaking Axe said:
Yes, I'm well aware of that. I'm merely indicating my preference for assassin over a build that has more than one level in shadowdancer since RK47 has indicated that he intends to stick to a prestige class once he's taken it.

Yeah, I'd feel guilty if I just stick in one Shadowdancer level in there...this module's balance is really fragile and Shadowdancer really fuck the balance when Hiding in Plain Sight gets abused all the time. I still have a little bit of EXP to go before deciding, though. I'll leave it to how the story unfolds.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Uh...yay?

At least it was...worth it?

17.jpg

What the fuck is that thing? Summon battlehog?

RK47

Patron
Brother None said:
Uh...yay?

At least it was...worth it?

17.jpg

What the fuck is that thing? Summon battlehog?

Yep. Summon Creature II.

Norfleet

One thing you can do if you tend to encounter combats that immediately follow dialogues is to preemptively chainmine the area. Traps pretty much slaughter everything that doesn't have Evade, when you stack a few dozen of them over the same area. So the moment your target goes hostile, BOOM!

If not, you can just retrieve all of them one by one afterwards. Lots of work, but beats tasteless rape, right?

RK47

Patron
Norfleet said:
One thing you can do if you tend to encounter combats that immediately follow dialogues is to preemptively chainmine the area. Traps pretty much slaughter everything that doesn't have Evade, when you stack a few dozen of them over the same area. So the moment your target goes hostile, BOOM!

If not, you can just retrieve all of them one by one afterwards. Lots of work, but beats tasteless rape, right?

That's a pretty good idea. Guess I'll be using Sonics more since it stuns...I've been shopping for devices and it's quite funny how the mind can't stop thinking of one day usage items and how to utilize it best.

Pretty soon we'll have everything we need.

91364-utility-belt_400.jpg

RK47

Patron
I tried stacking traps, but it wouldn't work. It only allows trapping on non-trapped surfaces. I guess I'll have to find the right corridors to setup.

Pretty interesting gameplay, I must say. I recall my OC days I never bothered with this bullshit because the game is so piss-easy.

More incline. And lol at that DA video. Wonderful emergent gameplay right there.

RK47

Patron
Chapter 26: The Hit Girl

09.jpg

Searching through the dead Dhorn reveals precious little clues. A warehouse in the southern district. This could be his partner's hiding place.

10.jpg

11.jpg

The door was trapped. I disable it before inserting the key.

12.jpg

13.jpg

Dusty, old packaging crates decorate the warehouse, with no valuables within.

14.jpg

A rack of torches stand before the stairways leading down.

15.jpg

So far, I've came up with nothing. The first room in the basement contains cut meat.

16.jpg

The second room holds a dead woman. Nothing of value otherwise. This must be their handiwork.

17.jpg

Distressing scene in the torture room..a tiny cage...a torture rack..with an arm sticking out. A pool of blood formed underneath it. I grip my dagger tightly in frustration. Where is he? I paced about and unlock the last door, hoping to finally meet him face to face.

18.jpg

Only to find more horrors. So many dead. I held my breath. The overwhelming stench forces me to close the door on the way out. All of these corpses piled like rubbish. I am dealing with a monster. I retraced my step, vowing to return at a later time when that bastard is present.

19.jpg

Only to meet him on the way out.

dhorn2.jpg
Well, well. And who do we have here?

He gave me a start. I recover quickly.

ai.jpg
Marric!

He frowns.

dhorn2.jpg
How do you know my name?
ai.jpg
Your friend Reyne sends his regards. Unfortunately he couldn't come. He had a little accident.

Both my arms grip my dagger and shield tightly.

dhorn2.jpg
Huh? An accident?
ai.jpg
Yes. Somebody put some steel through his brains.
dhorn2.jpg
What?! Who did that? Where? And when?
ai.jpg
Why, I did.

I smile wickedly. The man glares at me threateningly.

ai.jpg
And I've come to do the same to you. Perhaps you remember the young man you've killed in the sewers? You stabbed him, and you cut his tongue.
dhorn2.jpg
That little moron was your fuck puppy, eh? But don't worry, I'll find something else for your cunt. Even been fucked by a blade?

He points his sword at me.

ai.jpg
Is your dick so tiny that you to rely on your sword instead?

I grin at him smugly, readying my attacking stance.

dhorn2.jpg
I'll try to let you live, little girl. So we can have a lot of fun together before I send you to hell!
ai.jpg
You can try!

20.jpg

I swing my dagger at him, the battle is on.

LP Comment: Marric is a bitch to fight, but at least I came inside this fight pre-buffed with some potions to spare.

22.jpg

We exchange strikes, my boar servant gored Marric's chest mid fight. I seize the opportunity to swing at his unprotected sides.

21.jpg

The dagger's property takes effect. I unleash several crippling strikes before he could recover. He finally drops to his knees, alive, yet helpless.

23.jpg

dhorn2.jpg
Stop, hold it! I yield!

He lowers his weapon. I gave him an icy glare. Mercy? After what he's done, he still believes that he deserve any?

dhorn2.jpg
Please! It wasn't me who killed your friend! Reyne did it! I didn't do anything! Please, let me go!

What a joke. Let's see him squirm...

ai.jpg
I know very well that you were as much involved in Caron's death as your friend, Reyne. I saw you two.
dhorn2.jpg
No, please please!

The man grovels before me, he even starts to kiss my feet.

24.jpg

I shook my head. The bodies in that room. The torture devices...they've done so much evil, and still beg for forgiveness?

ai.jpg
Don't tell me all this here was only Reyne's work, too?
dhorn2.jpg
I'm a bad man, I know it...! But I can change! I want to change!

I laughed out loud as my dagger remain pointed to his throat. It's too late for that..

dhorn2.jpg
I want to change! Please, let me go! You'll never see me again!
ai.jpg
You're right, Marric. I'll never see you again.

I ram my dagger into his head. He gazes up just as I strike. His eyes are wide open in shock as his skull splits open, like a nut, followed by a huge gush of bright, red blood. I let the dagger linger within as I revel in the sight.

ai.jpg
Caron, this is for you.

I kicked the corpse away, freeing my dagger. A mess of bones and flesh, as well as brain matter splatters on the floor.

25.jpg

It's done. I drew a deep breath and return to the hideout, feeling slightly at peace. More to come.

26.jpg

ai.jpg
Jacia, I've got something for you.

She claps her hands excitedly as I hand over the package.

jac.jpg
How lovely! That's exactly the way I was hoping to see this pig again!
ai.jpg
Happy to help.
jac.jpg
Revenge is such a sweet thing, Aisha. Well done. Here's some reward for your troubles.
ai.jpg
Do you have any more jobs available?

She nods.

jac.jpg
A rather difficult task. If you think you're the right gal for this job.
ai.jpg
Tell me more.
jac.jpg
As you may have noticed, we're having a lot of trouble with the Dhorn right now. Seems like it's their personal vendetta to find us. Maybe we can reduce their enthusiasm if we remove a couple of key officers in the city.
ai.jpg
Is this about killing Dhorn officers?

She nods.

ai.jpg
Sounds like fun.

She chuckles.

jac.jpg
I kind of guessed you'd like that. We want to eliminate two Dhorn generals. The pigs have moved in to some of the nicer houses in the city. The addresses are as follows: 1 Princess Boulevard and 4 Westside, both in West Betancuria.
ai.jpg
Great.
jac.jpg
We've also had word that a Dhorn nobleman who's directly related to Emperor Dhorn himself is in the city. Now, if you could kill him as well, that'd be especially helpful to our case. His name is Simon.
ai.jpg
Oh, I think have actually met that Simon.
jac.jpg
You have? Tell me more.
ai.jpg
He was at Tald's tavern, along with Jero, another Dhorn.
jac.jpg
At Tald's tavern, huh? Go figure. Well, if you've met him there once, that's the place to start our search for young, sweet Simon. Here's the key duplicate to the 1 Princess Boulevard mansion. As for the other address, you'll have to find a way in yourself. Also, the targets may be at work during the day, best to deal with them at night. Less risky for you anyway.

LP Comment: This is true. NPC Scheduling matters when killing, they are awake during midday, and asleep at night.

jac.jpg
Now...I've seen you in battle, and no offense ,you fight like a girl. Go and visit Fignar. He owns the Felgen Mining Company here in the city. If you're a real sweetie to him, maybe he'll sell you something to make your job easier. That is, if you don't mind using dirty tricks. Speaking of. You've got some poison, just in case?
ai.jpg
Not yet.
jac.jpg
Well, here's some. Now be careful and don't get caught. Oh, and...it would be really sweet if you could bring me the heads of the demised afterwards. For my personal collection.

She smiles. I take the two vials of venom and casually glance at it.

27.jpg

This venom is labeled 'Spider Venom, Deadly'. while the other one is less lethal. I pocket both and set off to work.

28.jpg

It's time to bring down the bastards.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Nice. You can finally take on Dhorns one-on-one (with some buffs and help). Definitely come a long way from the (unwilling) cum receptacle Aisha was at the start.

Norfleet

RK47 said:
I tried stacking traps, but it wouldn't work. It only allows trapping on non-trapped surfaces. I guess I'll have to find the right corridors to setup.
Queue the orders to plant the traps before any traps have been planted. If you queue all the traps at once, they will all get planted on the same spot. Otherwise the area will be trapped, and you will have to clear the mines before you can order more trapping. Be warned that certain traps have an AOE on trigger (I forget which ones), and that if you use those, you could be affected by the blast as well if you are too close when they go off. Reflex-save based traps are probably the best for you, although as a multiclass your saves are probably subpar there. Fortitude based traps like Sonic are mostly ineffective aganst fighter classes, which is the type you seem to face a lot of.

RK47

Patron
Chapter 27: Dhorn Slayer

How many more Dhorns do I have to kill? The question burns in my soul as I enter the General's mansion. When will Betancuria will be free from their tyranny? Or am I just buying time for the Family?

01.jpg

I push the question away as I insert the key into the mansion's door. As long as I live, I'll fight the Dhorn.

02.jpg

The guards are still awake at this hour. Fighting them all would prove impossible. I move undetected towards the left corridor and up the stairs.

03.jpg

More guards on the second level. If the general is still awake, killing him would be impossible.

04.jpg

My heart sank when I see him pacing through the study, book and tankard in hand.

05.jpg

He would prove overpowering on his own, with his four guards, I would not last seconds. I search the pantry for other options.

06.jpg

In the corner of the pantry, I spot a beer keg. I quickly retrieve the vial of venom from Jacia. Yes..this should do the trick.

07.jpg

I emptied the vial into the barrel. Let's hope the guards drink these as well. The more deaths the better. I will return later to see the results. On the mean time, I slip out and proceed to the second target's home.

08.jpg

Only to fail picking the front's door lock. I ponder my options. I suppose I could use those expensive lock picks...Or cast the Knowledge Domain's Knock! The mechanism snaps at the cast, allowing entry.

10.jpg

This mansion seems like a warehouse of sort. I evade the lone guard, checking the access to the cellar. It is locked, I would require a key.

11.jpg

More guards stand at the living room. I slip by to the second floor.

12.jpg

Such close quarters. I'm going to be in deep trouble if the general is asleep. And I don't have any more deadly venom left.

13.jpg

A short trip to the Dhorn bedrooms reveal a rack of weapons. I stuff the halberds and spear to into my Bag of Holding. A little gold wouldn't hurt.

14.jpg

A slightly more premium loot awaits in the adjoining room. I wouldn't be able to wield this bow, but at least it'll fetch a fine price.

15.jpg

Entering the general's bedroom, I was disappointed to find the general absent. A quick search reveal a key in his drawer. This will have to fit the cellar door.

16.jpg

Success.

17.jpg

The dark cellar is filled with moans and shouts of angry men. Another torture chamber?

18.jpg

I pushed the metal door out of the way to get a better look. Yes...

19.jpg

The general is there, interrogating a prisoner. A pair of bodyguards stand beside him. I won't be able to take them all. I have to find a way to even the odds. Then, I recalled Jacia's advice.

jac.jpg
Go and visit Fignar. He owns the Felgen Mining Company here in the city. If you're a real sweetie to him, maybe he'll sell you something to make your job easier. That is, if you don't mind using dirty tricks.

I suppose I should check that shop out before attempting this attack. I left and return to the first mansion to see the venom's handiwork.

20.jpg

Perfect.

21.jpg

Looks like the general's dead as well..

22.jpg

Guess he won't be needing his head. I return to the hideout to sell off the loot and kept some.

23.jpg

This belt seems...useful?

24.jpg

The composite longbow will serve a strong armed archer, but it is quite beyond my means to wield it.

25.jpg

The deal general leaves behind his well-crafted bastard sword. It fetches a fine price. I collect a fine bounty on his head as well from Jacia. Finally, I await the stores to open in the morning.

26.jpg

According to Jacia, the Felgen Mining Company would have what I need...

27.jpg

Curious, a golem. First time I've seen one before.

28.jpg

I suppose this is the shopkeeper's security measure. I wish I have access to one of these. Fighting the Dhorn would be much easier. The dwarf shopkeeper greets me as I approach him.

29.jpg

fig.jpg
Hello, hello. What can I do for you?
ai.jpg
I've been told you sell some...special goods here.
fig.jpg
Really.
ai.jpg
Could I please have a look at them?

He regards me critically.

fig.jpg
I don't know. You don't look like a miner to me, girl. The last thing I want is being held responsible for some...accidents in the city, if you get my meaning? Besides, what I sell is for mining purposes only.
ai.jpg
(Persuade) I promise you nobody will bring up your name.
fig.jpg
Ah well, whatever. It's not like you couldn't get this from any smuggler anyway. Hold on...let me see how much we've got left.

The dwarf opens a box, and gently takes out a small wooden containers. Traces of black powder can be found along the cap. A short fuse can be seen peeking out of the tip.

30.jpg

Oh my.

fig.jpg
Light the fuse up and move away quickly if you want to avoid accidents! And remember, you didn't get it from me!

I nod and purchase two bottles of the substance. Perfect.

RK47

Patron
Chapter 27: Continued

Later, that night...

31.jpg

I draw a deep breath. It's time to put all my training to use. If I want to win this fight, I have to give it my all. No holding back. I open my pack and get to work.

Music: MacGyver

32.jpg

These traps should serve as a fall back point. In case if they survive the explosion.

33.jpg

I'm all done. I wipe the sweat of my brow as I swing the metal door open.

34.jpg

Hm. There seems to be more prisoners than I thought.

35.jpg

These men could provide excellent distraction. I wordlessly pull out my lockpicks and get to work.

36.jpg

The men cheered and rushed at their captors in a frenzy. I ready my spell.

37.jpg

There's no way they're going to win with their bare hands. They'll buy me some precious time at the most. I invoke my spell...

38.jpg

and unleashed a sound burst to the fighting crowd.

Two of the guards covered their ears momentarily. I rushed forward, the explosives in hand.

39.jpg

man.jpg
What are you doing?

I didn't reply and rolled away as soon as the fuse is lit.

ai.jpg
Sorry.

40.jpg

I dash away towards the corridor as a Dhorn guard recovered from his headache. He give chase, only to be caught by a sudden blast from behind him. He staggers forward from his wound. Only to step on the first trap I've set.

41.jpg

The negative energy drains him of his strength, leaving his lifeless corpse on the floor. The sound of fighting is still echo beyond the doorway. Time for the second piece, I guess.

42.jpg

The remaining two prisoners fought a desperate fight as the general killed another of their kin. Both sides totally unaware of another fuse being lit.

43.jpg

This should do the trick. I cover my ears.

44.jpg

Another explosion rocked the cellar. I can hear multiple screams from within. Poor bastards. Then there is only silence. Was that enough?

45.jpg

I carefully advance. Not wanting to spoil the element of surprise. I can still hear the moans and groans just beyond the doorway. I unload two bags of caltrops in front of me as a precaution.

46.jpg

True enough, both Dhorns survived the explosion. I raise my crossbow and take aim.

47.jpg

Both of them rushed at me. I retreated to the array of traps I've laid. Taking the occasional pot shots as they close the distance.

48.jpg

49.jpg

A sonic boom. The last bodyguard was stunned and collapsed on the field of caltrops. I take a potshot at the general and dash past him to get more room. Only to be hit by his battle ax from behind.

50.jpg

His strike hit my legs, knocking my down on my knees. I suppress the pain and sprang forward, turning around to return fire.

51.jpg

Only to hear a dull thud.

I walk over to his body, blade in hand.

52.jpg

ai.jpg
I'll be taking your head, general.

There was no reply.

lightbane

Arcane
Wow, Aisha has really become a killing machine (providing she has enough time to prepare), those Dhorn never stood a chance.

:yeah:

Norfleet

That was easier than I thought it would be. They proved surprisingly susceptible to death even at the hands of your low level minor traps. I was sure based on the difficulty level I had seen so far that they'd be able to soak at least 8 or 9 Deadly Spikes (25d6 apiece) like I am usually accustomed to seeing, but apparently they only needed about 1 or 2 traps? This module seems too easy...

What's more, it does not take very many levels of Set Trap to be able to set even the best traps with take-20. If you're willing to take it slowly and carefully, they are easily the deadliest things in the game and you can kill basically anything with trapspam.

At the Deadly level, Spike Traps are among the best, inflicting a very nice 25d6 damage to a single target, mathced only by Deadly Electricity at 30d6 AOE and Deadly Fire at 25d6 AOE. You may want to avoid using these, however, as they tend to be both expensive and likely to damage you. At the Minor level, Electricals remain the strongest damagewise, inflicting a whopping 8d6 AOE. Minor Fire gives you an acceptable 5d6, also AOE.

Negative traps are poor quality at all levels, being both expensive and weak, damagewise: A mere 2d6 at the Minor level, going up to only 8d6 at "Deadly". The strength penalty inflicted on a failed save is practically irrelevant: If you're trapping, your opponent is going to be instantly dead anyway, or you're doing it wrong. You should avoid these, reusing them first as the most expendable traps or simply selling them in exchange for better ones. For obvious reasons, never use against undead.

Sonic traps are also weak at all levels: Their damage is the same number of dice as the negatives, only d4-grade. They do possess an AOE stun, which I see is a will-based stun, which should be effective against your Fighter-type enemies...but they are also effective against YOU! Because of their sizeable AOE, you could very likely hit yourself with one, a relatively counterproductive endeavor. Also, stunned enemies don't plow through more traps. You may wish to use this as a final reserve trap, to run away if all the others have failed somehow.

Acid Blob is a stunning trap like Sonic, reflex-based. Single target, so will never affect you. Damage is acceptable at all levels, but not the best.

Acid Splash is relatively poor, not scaling up well. No special effects.

Frost is a trash trap. Damage is bad, stun effect is fortbased and therefore useless against your fighter enemies.

Holy is effective vs. undead, all but worthless against anything else. Since the undead do not apparently engage in any tasteless rape, you should probably not encounter many of these...but you never know.

Tangle and Gas are crap. No damage at all. Sell.

RK47

Patron
Norfleet said:

I would like to credit it to the two explosives I used. Those were capable of dishing out 30 + damage to me once. So I assume it's at least 6d6 or something. I used it twice. So it's pretty much 50s dmg for 500 a pop. Not too cheap IMO. But yeah, I really like the sound of deadly traps man.

Detective571f.jpg

Norfleet

There is an extremely large jump in destructive potential going from Strong to Deadly, too. Keep that in mind. The high-end Deadlies are generally sufficient to blow away things like like large dragons or lesser demigods if you use a few dozen. Having done the DM mode thing for an NWN group in the past, there is nothing more hilarious than increasing the original module's trappedness quotient by seeding these liberally like rice at a wedding, then watching the typical group of ADHD Zerg rushers take on the enhanced version of the level...it's hilarious in the way unloading a schoolbus full of hyperactive children into a minefield seeded with playground equipment is.

Circuitbreaker

Liturgist
I actually managed to take out the general and his cronies without traps or explosives (after a number of reloads).

First pickpocket the general and his men to rob them from their weapons and potions. Next "unlock" the torture device to free the captive. The general and his men will attack the captive, which should give you ample opportunity to free the other captives, who will happily join the fight.

Make sure to help out the captives with some sneak attacks and after a couple of attempts some of them might even survive. You get 50XP bonus for every captive that survives.

Note that using the explosives against both the general and the captives, will make the captives go hostile on you as well !?

RK47

Patron
Chapter 28: Simon Says

Later that night...

01.jpg

ai.jpg
Say...could you perhaps tell me how I might find your friend Simon?
jero.jpg
Simon? *He raises an eyebrow.* Hehe, nah. I don't think so. As I've told you, this isn't Simon's kind of thing. He might even have you arrested. And then I'd have to look for a new girl who's so eager.
ai.jpg
(Persuade) I just want to talk to him. I won't risk getting arrested, I promise.

He scratches his chin.

jero.jpg
Hmm. Well, okay. Simon. Well, trouble is, he doesn't leave his quarters a lot anymore, and they don't allow civilians in. But...I guess I could try to arrange a meeting.
ai.jpg
Ah, that's d be really sweet of you!
jero.jpg
Let me think... The warehouse at 19, Knight's Street. I'll tell you to meet you there, okay?
ai.jpg
Sure.

He grins again and gives me a big smooch on my lips, then climbs up from the bed. He tucks his member back into his pants, dressing up before leaving.

LP Comment: This meeting is pretty pointless to be honest. OK, so maybe there's an opportunity to assault Simon and his bodyguards in the warehouse, but really. Why should you risk it here? Four of them, and Aisha's all alone. No way.

02.jpg

03.jpg

Simon is a man in his early thirties, I would guess. He has bright blue eyes and blond hair, and I suppose one might call him handsome. He makes an impression like he's used to commanding people. And that he expects them to obey.

simon.jpg
This is your girl?

He eyes me briefly.

jero.jpg
Yes, that's her. Cute, isn't she?

Jero grins.

simon.jpg
I guess.
jero.jpg
It would really be a shame if our troops caught her.
simon.jpg
As you can see, my dear, Jero's quite bewitched by you and tells me that I should hire you. In case that fits into your current career plans?
ai.jpg
Tell me more, please.
jero.jpg
We'll get you off the streets and put you into Simon's house on the Isle of Men. You'll keep us company, play dice, and board-games with us, and such.

LP Comment: That sounds damn fun. Must be a rich person's hobby to hire prostitute to play tabletop games.

ai.jpg
I'm going to make you very happy, I promise.

I offer my most winning smile.

simon.jpg
I live on the island in the southern part of the city. Can't really miss the house, it's pretty big and has a couple of guards outside. I'll expect you tomorrow.
ai.jpg
I'll be there, milord.

Jero beams a smile at both me and Simon.

jero.jpg
You won't regret this, Simon! She's really lovely and talented, you'll see.
simon.jpg
It'll be more interesting to see how those fools in my household are going to react to her.
jero.jpg
Hehehe, right!
simon.jpg
I'll be off!
jero.jpg
I'll come with you. I ought to get me a bigger bed, I think.

Jero grins at me as he leaves with the rest of the Dhorn.

LP Comment: Yeah, that's it. No skill checks during the meeting. So what was the point of it all? It's missing something. Perhaps an option to notify Jacia that you need backup in dispatching the target at the warehouse. The combat odds are just terrible in there. And the risk isn't worth the reward TBH. Going into the mansion would reap more rewards from thievery. And less painful, too.

The next evening...

04.jpg

guard.jpg
No trespassing. Go away.
ai.jpg
I'm expected by the owner of this house.
guard.jpg
Oh, that's you? Well, okay. Follow me.

The guards lead me inside without searching me, confident of the security their guards provide.

05.jpg

Simon steps forward from his desk, he looks rather apologetic. I wonder what happened.

simon.jpg
We won't require your services, I'm afraid. Jero and I will despart from the city in a couple of hours.

Well, can't have that.

ai.jpg
Aww...but your promised to hire me.
simon.jpg
Sorry.

LP Comment: You can actually fail this without a single skill check. If you choose to leave immediately, that is. However, if you argue about it...

ai.jpg
Maybe I could still spend some time with you? So you'll always have a fond memory of the city and all.

LP Comment: Fond memories of you dying, you mean. :smug:

06.jpg

Suddenly, the door to Simon's office burst open and three well-dressed Dhorn walks in. Simon groaned almost immediately.

bitch.jpg
Simon, darling, is that her?

The woman studies me like she's studying an exotic bird or something.

simon.jpg
Yes, that's the girl. I take it you were eavesdropping again?
bitch.jpg
Oh, but of cou-hourse not, darling.

LP Comment: Yes, that is how it's spelled in the game. I don't know. Emphasis on uppity bitch type accent?

bitch.jpg
My goodness, look at those clothes!
bitch2.jpg
Shocking!
man.jpg
I am surprised to see she wears any clothes at all!
bitch.jpg
Did she try to copulate with you already, my good man?
guard.jpg
No milady. *Bows.*
bitch.jpg
Fascinating.

Yes, it's fascinating how fast the urge to stuff a dagger down your throat is rising in such a short time.

simon.jpg
Did you just come to catch a glimpse at the girl?
bitch.jpg
Well, I always wanted to see a real whore.

The three pair of eyes continue to gaze at me. I imagine several daggers flying into those sockets as I stare back at them.

simon.jpg
If you're so keen on getting to know her, why don't you talk to her for a while?
bitch.jpg
Talk? To one like HER?
simon.jpg
Look, I'm busy. I was going to send her away. If you don't want to, fine. But PLEASE let me work now!

Simon nearly slams the table as he waves his arm around.

bitch.jpg
No need to yell, darling. I hope she's housebroken.
simon.jpg
Dear Gods, Catalynne!

The woman eyes me critically.

simon.jpg
Do you think you could endure Catalynne's company for a while? You'll be paid, of course. Otherwise I'll have one of the guards escort you out.

Like it or not, I have to entertain the three little pigs to extend my stay....at least until the job is done. It's my last chance before Simon leaves the city for good.

ai.jpg
Sure, I can do that.
simon.jpg
Have fun.

Simon gave a pitying smile. I nod and leave Simon's quarters with the three socialites. We walk along a corridor until we reach a room with a small pool. The Dhorn don't say anything on the way...but they keep watching me.

07.jpg

bitch.jpg
Well, this is pool room. That's real water in the pool, and the servants change it daily. It's probably the first time you see a pool inside a house?

LP Comment: What are we in? Arrakis?

I lower my eyes and don't respond. Hopefully they get bored of me and leave me alone. Then I can get to work.

bitch.jpg
But please keep your hands and feet out of the water. I don't want it to get dirty.

I walk over to the pool and splash some water at her to shut her up.

bitch.jpg
Ack! Eep!

I giggled. I really have nothing to fear from these sluts. Unless they call the guards, that is.

bitch2.jpg
Do you always wear clothes like that?
ai.jpg
No. When I fuck, I don't wear any clothes at all.

I give her my sweetest smile.

LP Comment: Oh, Valine.

bitch2.jpg
That's sooooooo shocking!

She fans the air towards herself.

bitch.jpg
I'm really surprised that you haven't copulated with the guards yet...
ai.jpg
Maybe on my way out.

She nods. I think she actually believes that!

man.jpg
Do all hookers have breasts of that size?

He studies my chest intently.

ai.jpg
I heard all nobles had dicks that touch the floor when they walk upright.

The other Dhorn woman gasps.

bitch2.jpg
Un-be-liev-able!
man.jpg
I've heard there's a wizard in Sargoza who will increase the size of a woman's breasts.
bitch.jpg
Oh, come on now. Please.
man.jpg
He's made a fortune, actually, from what I've heard.
bitch2.jpg
Don't you ever dream of having a husband who cares for you? Then you wouldn't have to do ....that.
ai.jpg
But then I'd miss all the sex!
bitch2.jpg
Oh dear Gods!

She looks ready to faint.

bitch.jpg
You probably do animals, too, I assume?
ai.jpg
No, but I like dragons. They are so....BIG!
bitch2.jpg
Oh my god!! They should put her in a cage! With her hands and feet bound!
ai.jpg
I've got a better idea. How about I put YOU in a cage and give you a nice whipping?

Now she does faint. Unfortunately, the man catches her before she hits the ground.

bitch.jpg
You're making me sick.

That's the idea.

bitch2.jpg
Where am I? What happened? Oh dear Gods she's still here!

The woman backs off.

man.jpg
Have you ever had the privilege of having a noble as your customer?
bitch2.jpg
Rupert!
man.jpg
Not me! I mean in general.
ai.jpg
I only do nobles.
bitch.jpg
I don't understand why...anybody..would willingly touch one such as you.

The man still looks at my breasts.

bitch.jpg
You smell. Doesn't that scare people away from consorting with you?

She wrinkles her nose.

ai.jpg
You don't exactly smell like roses, either.
bitch.jpg
You're disgusting!
bitch2.jpg
She's an animal! That's what she is!
bitch.jpg
I think I've had enough of this.
bitch2.jpg
Yes, me too! Rupert, tell the guards to take her out!

The man is still staring at my breasts.

bitch2.jpg
Hello?!
man.jpg
Oh. Yes. Of course.
bitch.jpg
See that she's escorted out, if you would be so kind. Me, I'll be glad to be away from that...that...creature as soon as possible.
bitch2.jpg
Me too.

The two women leave the room.

7a.jpg

I watch as the two women leave the room. Just wait till they get sufficiently far enough...

man.jpg
Okay, hooker girl. Follow me.
ai.jpg
I've got a better idea.

I strip off my street clothes and don my leather armor in a flash. The man gawk at my bare breasts for a moment before seeing a glinting metal in my right hand, moving towards him. His mouth agape as crimson fluid splatters to the floor.

08.jpg

Time to get to work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom