Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Romance the Three Kingdoms!

Predict: Of the three strongest kingdom, which will crumble first?

• Cao Cao of the Central Plains

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sun Ce the Little Conqueror

• Yuan Shao of the North

• Total voters

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Chapter 9 : Snakes in the plains.

Music: Shattered Bamboo
1.jpg

Another minor warlord falls to Cao Cao.

We resume our naval harassment as a preventative measures against Cao Cao.
2.jpg

We also fortify our defenses in preparation for any attack from the western front.
3.jpg

Even Cao Cao had the same idea...
4.jpg

A new officer joins us automatically, courtesy of Liu Biao's heir.
5.jpg

He's pretty average for civic official. Sad history though.
6.jpg

The drama came when I decided to try my luck in assassinating Cao Cao with 24,000 cavalry.
7.jpg

Motherfucker rushes into it with 8,000 spearmen and hid in the forest where we cannot use our cavalry tactics while he employs his own think-tank strategies. To beat this intellectual unit, we need to drain him of willpower slowly. How to do this?
8.jpg

Duel Challenges can be made at any time. Refusal will result in loss of willpower and transferred to the challenger.

Cao Cao with his Bold personality knows he can't match Huang Zhong in combat, so he declines. A few hundred of his men ran in terror.
9.jpg

At the same time the southern naval forces led by Xu Sheng execute target practices against Sun Ce's coastal city.
10.jpg

They respond by sending a 10,000 strong force from the south.
11.jpg

Gan Ning will respond to that threat.

After we blow up the city, of course. :smug:
12.jpg

We try our luck again with Cao Cao's duel, this time with a slightly weaker Lei Bo. To my astonishment, he accepted it!
13.jpg

14.jpg

Damn straight.

15.jpg

Ha ha ha, can we stop laughing now?

Both combatants clashed as they passed each other.
16.jpg

None fell, so they rode side by side and traded spear blows.
18.jpg

GO GET HIM LEI BO!

:thumbsup: JUST A LITTLE BIT MORE AND WE CAN CUT THAT SNAKE'S HEAD OFF! But then....

19.jpg

:x NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I deputized Kuai Yue with Lei Bo.....26 war rating. He can't deal any damage to Cao Cao.
20.jpg

Cao Cao retreated from the duel successfully. Fucking close call.

21.jpg

STFU.
22.jpg

Oh God.

Still, Cao Cao is down to 105 men. We might be able to kill him if we roast him alive!
23.jpg

Nope. He escaped successfully even after his unit was destroyed. :( So far, I've not upgraded Cao Cao's city much. I only built a barracks and stables to reinforce my strength there....I'm waiting for an opportunity...and here it comes!
24.jpg

Yuan Shao finally got serious and charged Luo Yang with a force of 50,000 men. Cao Cao responds by drawing strength from the city of Xu Chang. That city is the Emperor's throne....left protected by 11,000 men.
Sounds like an invitation. :smug:
25.jpg

Finally we get to link up with Yuan Shao. But Yuan Shao's arrival signaled the end of Liu Bei.
26.jpg

Yuan Shao committed less men to assist his ally. It looks like Sun Ce will finish off Liu Bei once and for all.

RK47

Patron
Yeah, mine too. What the fuck? He's a slippery snake, that one.

Chapter 10 : Tragedy at Xu Chang

Music : Tragedy

The bloody battle between Yuan & Cao's forces reaches boiling point with both sides resorting to fire strategies.
1.jpg

Isolated from his men, Yuan Shao, in his rush to rescue Emperor Xian was surrounded, confused, and set on fire repeatedly.

He didn't make it through the battle.
3.jpg

eyes.jpg

4.jpg

Normally, handing over of power to the eldest heir should be a smooth affair. Not according to history, however.
6.jpg

5.jpg

I'm not sure whether to cheer or be sad at the news. Our goal is within sight, though. We broke past the guard tower network and being siege on the city of Xu Chang.
2.jpg

I have plans of my own.
8.jpg

9.jpg

If everyone's fighting for the Emperor....then I'll make everyone more honest...

eyes.jpg

DOWN TO THE LATE HAN! Our forces shall stand under Han no more! Let the final victor determine the next dynasty!

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Times change, old man.

13.jpg

You got more things to worry about, Imperial Uncle.

Because war. War never changes.
14.jpg

15.jpg

Objective accomplished. We're pulling out of Xu Chang. Yuan forces suffered a massive loss today. They accomplished nothing and lost their leader. Yuan Shang's establishment of a break-away force will not last long. Contrary to my expectations, he only secured ONE town, and ONE officer aside from himself.

The one who benefits most from this chaos? Cao Cao.

Pegultagol

Erudite
:love:

Looks like I guessed right...

Cao Cao holds some kind of mythical status in my playthroughs (not particularly in this version, however), who simply refuses to stay down. Aside from having historically (inflated) fielding a huge army of talented officers, he has a special horse that allows him 100% safe retreat from battle defeat. Once after I defeated him, he ran away and became a high ranking officer/advisor in the south, only to promoted as the warlord of a new faction after his ruler died!

:x

Doesn't protecting the emperor give your special perks or something aside from the increased speed that you gain ranks? I guess you wanted a harder game by proclaiming yourself the emperor.

RK47

Patron
I don't wanna let Cao Cao whore the Emperor too long. It's not that I don't want the influence, I just can't hold on to that city. If I can't have it, then no one can!

RK47

Patron
Chapter 11 : Across the rivers

Song : Battle

1.jpg

:smug:
2.jpg

3.jpg

As planned, we left Xu Chang vacant for Yuan army to claim.
4.jpg

We know we can't hold it. And they also can't. Cao Cao is just too strong in that area.
5.jpg

We strengthened our base of operations in Xin Ye. Naval harassment is constantly being done against Cao Cao and Sun Ce. We're planning to strike northwards, actually. But Cao Cao took the initiative and came to us first.
6.jpg

I don't mind.

We build a war drum to double our attack power and parade our 15,000 strong sovereign cavalry army.
7.jpg

Cao Cao also sent a small force to link up with the attack from the east. A small detachment of pikemen and think tank unit is enough to stop it, while our main force deals with the northern threat.
8.jpg

As expected, the Yuan brothers quarrel did not last long. Let's hope there's no lasting damage done. We need Yuan Tan to keep Cao Cao occupied.
9.jpg

And Ma Chao joins Sun Ce while his father serves Cao Cao. What. The. Fuck?
10.jpg

Yuan forces attempts to retake Xu Chang from Cao Cao.
11.jpg

That's our cue to move out against the weakened north after wiping out their attack force. :smug:
12.jpg

As a token of appreciation, I begin taking steps in mending our ties with Yuan's forces. We're sending tributes from our bountiful colonies down south. It'll take some time to mend, but it's a small step. By securing alliance, we can stop the unprovoked attacks and work better together.
13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

It was 'Hostile' before.

17.jpg

With Wan captured, we quickly reinforce our position to discourage any counter-attacks from Cao Cao from the Northwest. They have a garrison of 50,000 there, with another 23,500 incoming.
19.jpg

I've tried baiting them to a naval engagement to no avail. We just have to be prepared for a land attack.

We escalated our southern naval harassment into a full blown invasion against Sun Ce's coastal city.
20.jpg

Lu Meng, one of Sun Ce's faithful, dies in a fire. :smug:
21.jpg

Sun Ce thought of retakiing Jiang Xia, but our naval forces are always ready blow it up and support our invasion at the same time. We're pretty much forcing them to push NORTH instead of West.
22.jpg

23.jpg

Further research : Stone Construction. I want to get Catapults & Warships development underway to further increase my naval power.

24.jpg

With Chai Sang secured, we now have a complete river blockade on any Sun forces attempting to enter our domain. We'll sink anything that comes in!

There's nothing worse than failing an attack and get counter-attacked from both sides.
25.jpg

Yuan's forces is assaulted by Cao Cao from the west and Sun Ce from the south. I wish we're in a position to help. But I'm afraid entering his territory at the moment is considered as an act of war, further ruining our fragile relations.

Worrying signs of Cao Cao's rising power...
26.jpg

Everyone's too busy killing each other, they forgot about Cao Cao. But I suppose it falls to me to deal with him since I shared the most borders.

What concerns me most is Cao Cao's 80,000-strong garrison to the west. We need to take it out if we want to put a dent into his manpower pool.
27.jpg

We will divert most of our resources into tackling Cao Cao next update, while maintaining a strong naval presence to keep Sun Ce focused on the northern front only.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Well, I didn't expect Cao Cao's current position, but I did expect him to get this strong. Maybe its just because he has no lack of talented officers, but damn, every single game I play, he always ends up being the biggest thorn in Unification's side.

Also, I don't really think Lu Meng is a prized officer at this point. AFAIK doesn't he get his high intelligence score only much later in the game period?

RK47

Patron
Chapter 12 : Here to stay

Music : Dominance

1.jpg

Cao Cao's force refuse to take the bait and continues to reinforce.

Our diplomatic relations improve with Yuan Tan.
2.jpg

If I recall correctly, the city of Wan is where we started. This is where we escaped a horrible fate of being assaulted from 3 directions by Cao Cao. We only had 22,500 in the beginning against 60,000.
3.jpg

This time, we're here to stay.

At the same time, Sun Ce attempts to break our naval blockade. Stubborn bastards.
4.jpg

Cao Cao pours more forces from other nearby cities.
5.jpg

I instructed our think tanks to construct additional defenses to buy more time. Archer Towers, War Drums etc.
6.jpg

Our depleted naval blockade is also bolstered with a war band to restore their lost willpower.
7.jpg

The northern attackers get a taste of think-tank strategies.
8.jpg

Aside from Perturb, which confuses, I decided to employ Blunder.
9.jpg

Yue Jin attacked his adjacent ally.

His deputy triggered a Chain Attack skill, which gives another free attack.
10.jpg

They just damaged their own ally. Twice. :smug:
11.jpg

But we're not done yet. See that round circular haystack next to them? It's ember, when hit by fire arrows or effect, everything in its radius catches fire.
smile.jpg

12.jpg

This is the chinese character for 'fire'. OK, it's actually a chinese letter for 'dude running while in flames'

eyes.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Burned, confused, and blundered into attacking his own ally. They'll cry in shame when they get home.

We deploy a Cavalry and Spear unit to deal with the western attack force. Their battering ram flattened two archer towers already.
16.jpg

Huang Zhong's Divine Archery finishes the job in the north.
17.jpg

I diverted Zhang Xiu's massive cavalry unit to the west and routed Cao Cao's cavalry attack unit.
18.jpg

Liu Biao arrives with reinforcements and additional equipment. 20,000 men joins our garrison. We're at even strength now.
19.jpg

A battering ram from the east manage to get close enough to assault the city walls.
20.jpg

We need to force it to move...observe the bundle of haystacks again. This time it's a fire ball. Instead of a radius explosion...it burns three squares in front.

21.jpg

Zhang Xiu got caught in it. Ouch. But we bear with it and send another unit to blockade the battering ram movements.

As a result, the enemy will not attack the city wall and instead focus on extinguishing the flames on themselves.
23.jpg

Cao Cao's forces is getting desperate, the Commander in charge of the battering ram to the west challenged us to a duel.
24.jpg

We decline. Why settle it one on one when we can have a 100,000 vs 100,000?

Huang Zhong arrives to BBQ arrow the offending ram near the city wall.
25.jpg

The arrival of our second reinforcement convoy sealed our victory. There's no fucking way they can take on 80,000 strong garrison now.
26.jpg

Lord Zhang Xiu slays Dian Man of Cao Cao's forces in one charge.
27.jpg

It's over.
28.jpg

We're back home and here to stay.

We inflicted 50,000 upwards of casualty in that fight. Cutting their troop count by nearly 20%
29.jpg

30.jpg

Yuan Tan held on to Chen Liu, after all. Impressive. I'll be moving to secure an alliance with him soon. With my east flank secured, perhaps I can focus everything against the west.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Tried playing this a bit yesterday. The way walls work is pissing me off. The enemy just kept throwing fucking small 5000 man troops at it till it lost all hp. This apparently destroys all troops inside automatically (Wtf?) And I can't leave the wall to just rape them with my vastly superior forces because their tiny shit army blocks the exit (Wtf?^2) AND if I exit the wall just before it breaks, they can capture it and it magically gets restored to 50% health instantly, but I can't repair it myself at all. :x

RK47

Patron
Plug the tiles behind the wall with ranged units. That way, they are holding on to their gravestone instead of a gateway. You shouldn't rely on walls for defense, treat it as a choke point with a few drums / towers behind it as a support. You'll learn pretty quick that those are death traps if you can keep halting enemy attacks at that point.

Also, walls are sorta source of income. It generates tax and food. You gotta transport it manually, but if you really need the cash to reward your officers, it's instant ATM. :)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Man I'm finally starting to remember all these names and you start killing them off. Jeeeeeesh.

RK47

Patron
Chapter 13 : The elusive one

Song : Courage

1.jpg

Cao Cao's garrison remain strong at 60,000. But closer examination on his arsenal of weapons reveals his weakness.
2.jpg

They do not have enough equipment to supply their army.

Troops without equipment are designated swordsmen, they have lowest attack and defense, and incapable of performing any special unit tactics. We assemble a strike squad comprised on Zhang Yang's Cavalry, He Qi's Spear and Lei Bo's flame tower to cull their numbers.
3.jpg

As expected, Cao Cao's defensive response was found lacking. Troops in yellow clad uniforms are swordsmen and easy kills.
5.jpg

We will slaughter them.

I wanted to commit a full-scale assault, but Cao Cao decides to march from Luo Yang to assault us from the north.
6.jpg

It's alright, we can manage.
7.jpg

Meanwhile, Gan Ning's pirates are still busy fending off Sun Ce's forces, who had given up on the North.
8.jpg

Good news. We recruited a new officer.
9.jpg

She's a wife of a famous strategist.

14.jpg

Cao Cao arrives at Wan. This will be his grave, hopefully.
10.jpg

We'll face him with all we've got.
13.jpg

Huang Zhong will demonstrate his godly archery!
11.jpg

15.jpg

Penetrate Tactics strikes at two targets in a straight line.
16.jpg

3,000 dead in one move. Magnificent!

Niu Jin who isn't so intelligent falls prey to think-tanks combined trickery.
17.jpg

We surrounded Cao Cao and set up an ember trap. Detonating it will also damage Zhang Xiu's unit, but we really, really want to kill Cao Cao.
18.jpg

Fire!
19.jpg

More Fire!
20.jpg

Is this guy the Terminator?
24.jpg

We charge at his 900 men and failed to capture him! What the fuck? :x

Buit we captured his deputy.
25.jpg

Oh god, his special ability.... All strategy costs 1 willpower?! Holy fuck. Maximum Willpower cap is 120!

We successfully repulsed Cao Cao's attack and resumed our research on Catapults development.
26.jpg

More good news.
22.jpg

23.jpg

27.jpg

The tide is turning.

Yuan's forces continues to lay stagnant. There has been no major offensive on their side against Cao Cao's forces. Perhaps an alliance is not even necessary, after all.
28.jpg

29.jpg

Turns out Liu Bei broke his alliance and took one of Yuan's city. Sun Ce cannot break the naval blockade and remains shut inside his own territory. Our next move would be to finish off Cao Cao's 50,000 garrison to the west, smashing his power completely before his best men completes their campaign against Liu Zhang.

RK47

Patron
Chapter 14 : The lonely dragon

Song : Eternity
The news hit us like a lighting strike.
1.jpg

We did not garrison any troops in Jiang Xia. Upon returning from recruiting her husband, Huang Ying and Zhuge Liang returns to an empty city, besieged by Sun Ce's forces. They were both taken prisoner. What happened next is an outrage.
2.jpg

:retarded:

The whole southern navy, drained of any willpower was mobilized to take vengeance and free the chief strategist from his imprisonment.
3.jpg

Zhang Yan's task force cut through the poorly armed defense of Shang Yong and arrives outside the city gates.
4.jpg

Only to get swarmed by a 25,000 swordsmen.
5.jpg

Zhuge Liang is freed.
7.jpg

We mourned at the senseless loss of his lover. And sought vengeance.
8.jpg

An eye for an eye...

9.jpg

Swarmed by the massive army of swordsmen and slowly equipped defenses, Zhang Yang retreats, He Qi's spear unit was destroyed and he gets himself captured in the process. Our lord volunteered the rescue mission himself. :salute:
10.jpg

Good news from the east, Yuan Tan finally staged an offensive against Cao Cao's Xu Chang.
11.jpg

Zhang Yan returns to the battlefield after resupplying at Wan to support his liege in the rescue attempt.
12.jpg

Our relations with Yuan Tan's army improve.
13.jpg

An unexpected development takes place!
14.jpg

15.jpg

Two women died meaningless deaths. I suppose we should back off for a bit and let our southern navy recover.

16.jpg

17.jpg

Cao Cao sends more troops towards Wan.
18.jpg

Although ill-trained, our archers and think tanks combined well to repel the assault.
20.jpg

He Qi's rescue was a success and we captured Xu Huang!
21.jpg

At the same time Sun Ce stages an attack on Cao Cao's isolated city of Ru Nan!
23.jpg

For the first time ever, Cao Cao is attacked from three direction!
24.jpg

Turning point. :smug:
26.jpg

We're right on track.
27.jpg

Soon, we'll be the strongest!

28.jpg

Yuan Tan's assault failed to capture Xu Chang, but Sun Ce secures Ru Nan. I predict they'll clash with Yuan Tan once more and extends the ceasefire agreement with me. Liu Bei managed to eke out a small nation to the east, the dreams of resurrecting the Late Han still burning deep in his heart.

Also, Huang Ying was our first casualty of war.
:salute:

29.jpg

Cause of Death: Executed by Sun Ce's army, November 209.

A popular story depicts that Yueying challenged her suitors to personally visit her by claiming that she was ugly. In the possibility that a suitor would visit, she would hide herself under viels as a quiet dare to test their resolve. When Zhuge Liang came to her, her figure was silouetted by the yellow full moon and her head was covered with two red veils. Unlike other men, he entered alone and didn't hesitate to remove her disguises. As he removed the first cloth from her face, he calmly stated that her ugliness was a misunderstanding by her father. He was rewarded by Yueying's joyful visage and gratification.

Drakron

Arcane
If you can "deal" with Sun Ce ... please do so.

... Fucking bastard executed the only tits you got so far ...

RK47

Patron
Officer highlight: Gan Ning

30.jpg

Early life as a pirate

Gan Ning was a government official when he was rather young, but he left his post, and gathered a gang of fellow idle youths to become pirates. They carried bells as a mark, causing commoners to either run or hide whenever they heard the ring of bells. He kept looting, robbing and killing until he decided to start a scholarship. After reading some literature from different philosophers, Gan Ning sought out Liu Biao's patronage, who rejected him for his background.

:lol: Commander Shepard would be proud.

He's our best general at the moment, with 98 WAR and no real weakness in his stat. Politics and Charisma can be safely ignored for a military officer. His 76 Intelligence will keep him safe from most think-tanks.

His unit aptitude has no weakness, S ratings for Spears, Weaponry, Navy and A for the rest. The only thing that he lacks is an awesome unique ability. Majesty, despite lowering 20 points of unit willpower when he attacks, is not really that useful. Still, his stat-build and supreme aptitude makes him the Number 1 General of Zhang Xiu's army.

RK47

Patron
Sorry guys, Sun Ce will have to wait.

Chapter 15 : All is forgotten

Music : Spring Buds
Cao Cao continues to pour forth from the north, smashing his force against our stronghold of Wan. As we captured more officers, we begin the recruiting process.
1.jpg

To the west, our lord Zhang Xiu successfully gained a foothold to launch an assault against Han Zhong. It will take some time, but it's a good start.
2.jpg

We also captured more followers in the process.
3.jpg

And beat back his invasion force many times.
4.jpg

Undaunted, he launches an attack from the western region. Through a river from Yong An, Liu Zhang's ex-territory.
5.jpg

I immediately dispatched the lesser officers to deal with the naval threat. They haven't had much chance to prove themselves lately.

Later...
6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

This kid's an epic failure in history, but the game is so generous with his stat. I'm quite confused. I'll put him on the next character highlight. He has the same special skill as Xun You!

Cao Cao escapes. Again.
9.jpg

We begin upgrading our crossbows counter fire. This allows archers to fire back when receiving ranged fire.
10.jpg

Our quickly formed naval officers perform admirably in their western defense. The northerners still can't swim. :smug:
13.jpg

We captured Xiahou Shang and executed him on the spot, he is a nephew of Xiahou Dun, related to Cao Cao. We cannot recruit them.
12.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Ha ha ha. As you can see, Cao Cao's getting old. Not much time in that old man. It's a pity I can't execute him on the spot like previous RTK series. We declined and prioritize in recruiting the captive he named.
17.jpg

His reply was to send more men to smash Wan.
16.jpg

I'm not making much progress here. We've been stuck in Wan for so long, recruiting, drilling the troops, equipping them that our advance to the west has totally halted due to lack of manpower. But we're slowly chipping at his talent pool.

Sun Ce makes his move. Confident that his borders are safe due to the cease-fire, he attacks Xu Chang.
18.jpg

Then I start to realize, why bother covering the east, if Sun Ce is going to do it for me? I reviewed Yuan Tan's forces activity, they're too goddamn busy fighting their ex-ally Liu Bei and defending against Sun Ce to make any move against Cao Cao. Perhaps it'll be a good idea to extend the ceasefire with Sun Ce, freeing our top naval officers to handle matters to the west.
19.jpg

Troop count parity achieved.
20.jpg

We're slowly matching Cao Cao in terms of city controlled and troops.

21.jpg

As you can see, Sun Ce's central plains expansion will clash with Yuan Tan soon. If they can keep each other busy, and the ceasefire between us is perpetually renewed, I think I can divert 100,000 troops from eastern front to crush Cao Cao completely.

smile.jpg

RK47

Patron
Officer highlight: Ma Su

22.jpg

Ma Su (190–228) was a military strategist for the Kingdom of Shu during the Three Kingdoms era of China. He was the younger brother of Shu advisor, Ma Liang. Ma Su had extraordinary talents in military stratagems and was admired by the Prime Minister of Shu, Zhuge Liang. However, a tactical blunder by Ma Su at the Battle of Jieting resulted in Shu being dealt a huge defeat by Zhang He, a general of the Kingdom of Wei.

Relying purely on books of military tactics, he chose to 'take the high ground' and set his base on the mountains instead of in a city, ignoring Wang Ping and his advice to set up base in a valley well supplied with water. Due to this tactical mistake, the Wei troops led by Zhang He encircled the hill and cut off the water supply to the Shu troops and attacked; later, Sima Yi's forces set fire to the hill.

Ma Su was beheaded by a tearful Zhuge Liang, whose continued high appraisal for Ma Su's intelligence made that a very reluctant decision. The scene is considered among the most famous in the novel, and is reenacted in Chinese opera frequently.

A Japanese proverb, "executing Ma Su with tears" (泣いて馬謖を斬る, naite Bashoku wo kiru) refers specifically to this incident, meaning "punishing a person for his wrongdoings regardless of relations or his abilities."

He sounded like pure fail, but for some reason the game puts him as a very formidable think-tank. Nobody gives a damn about his unit aptitude. With Focus skill, this little kid can start throwing strategies at every turn without stopping to recover willpower. Quite a broken ability if you ask me, if his INT is not high enough, deputize him with Zhuge Liang or Pang Tong for more ridiculous spamming.

Synergistic deputy:
Zhuge Liang: Strategies last longer / more powerful.
Pang Tong: Chain reaction. Chance to affect adjacent enemy units with the same strategy. Absolute madness with Perturb > Fire combo. Confused and set ablaze!

RK47

Patron
I dunno, it seems a little overrated. Focus is a high-tier unique skill. Too high for an epic fail like him. I didn't mind the stat, I'm not using him to attack normally, watch this update for how overpowered Focus is.

Chapter 16 : Brutality

Music : The Ultimate
With our eastern borders secured from any hostiles. We are ready to strike westwards, holding nothing back.
1.jpg

Our defensive successes has captured several key officers from Cao Cao.
2.jpg

4.jpg

Our objective - Han Zhong is heavily fortified that requires speed to overcome.
3.jpg

Shang Yong build up is complete.
5.jpg

Assemble the dick formation!
6.jpg

A force of 60,000 cavalry led by Gan Ning will charge to victory!

Xiahou Dun marshall the defensive blockade at the narrow pass. This is our first challenge!
7.jpg

Our think tanks get to work - Misinforming the two front units, confusing them to retreat and break the blockade.
8.jpg

With the pass slightly opened, we charge in and destroyed the guard tower to open up another path.
9.jpg

The defense respond by deploying a fireball attack.
10.jpg

No one was injured except for a few hundred deaths.

We broke out and are in position to siege the city walls directly.
11.jpg

Meanwhile, the city of Wan will deploy northwards! Brotherhood Cavalry will deploy!
12.jpg

Rapid Strategy Wizard Squad deployed.
13.jpg

Pang Tong teams up with Xun You for our second mass crowd control unit.

Han Zhong's defenders are completely paralyzed by Zhuge Liang. His divine strategy is harder to break free against.
15.jpg

Wan's forces met their first resistance and Pang Tong got to work. Confusing both of them at the same time. Sima Yi starts the BBQ.
16.jpg

17.jpg

Just in case the fire extinguishes, we prepare another fireball trap to detonate.
18.jpg

Next turn, the fire died out. So we detonate it again.
20.jpg

21.jpg

We have two options, to the west lies Chang An. To the east is Luo Yang. Seeing that Cao Cao is personally stationed at Luo Yang, we break that gate first.
27.jpg

Our western blitz succeeded in securing Han Zhong.
23.jpg

One of Cao Cao officer finally burned to death.
24.jpg

Make that two. :smug:
25.jpg

Looks like there's no escape for you this time, Cao Cao...

26.jpg

We've got the upper hand!

28.jpg

We've split Cao Cao forces into two. He will have trouble connecting his supply chains now.

Yuan Tan loses most of his territory to Sun Ce. We've successfully pitted them against each other. :smug: The victor will have to deal with my whole united western front.

spekkio

Arcane
OLOLO wapanese bullshit gaem, animu art and trial and erorr gameplay, you suck, weaboofags!

It was not developd in Americwa so it's shit shit shit!

:rpgcodex:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I think I saw someone, a guy in a coat...

Must have been a skyway rat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom