Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Romance the Three Kingdoms!

Predict: Of the three strongest kingdom, which will crumble first?

• Cao Cao of the Central Plains

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sun Ce the Little Conqueror

• Yuan Shao of the North

• Total voters

Drakron

Arcane
I only mentioned Koihime Musou since its somewhat similar, its quite different as there is no strategic element besides in the battlefield that ends up being a "rock-paper-scissors" ... or so I heard.

There are other games with some strategic elements, as Utawarerumono were is more of a RPG that anything and Tears to Tiara that is similar to Utawarerumono, except worst besides now allowing us to XP farm and having equipment but the actual combat mechanics are so god awful (so bad its PS3 version gone to turn based) that is not a plus ... and FARtoo much Ermin.

Oh and in case anyone is wondering Fenix screenshoots are Sengoku Hime.

Yeesh

Magister
Ma Barker:

2gwzv5g.jpg

The tutorial in this game is cheesy but fun. It's nice that they put a little effort into it. I greatly wish that I didn't know the PUK kit exists, since I hate playing any version of a game except the latest. But oh well.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Brother None said:
Takeda Kenshi said:
Definitely over. It's been over really. Once you get past the initial build up stage and win a couple crucial battles, the game becomes incredibly easy. The fact he is a good player only exacerbates this.

Many strategy games suffer from the problem.

So, uh, is RK47 emperor now and he's won, basically, or will there be mop-up updates?

Good LP regardless :salute:

I really can't muster the effort to mop them up. I mean...what can they do? The AI's botched as hell. They refuse to surrender, but they're still allied. So .....nothing happens till I break alliance with Yuan Tan's remnants. I'm sorry it went so flat in the end, the game's an absolute blast when things go against you, but when you start dominating, you can forget about losing. Ever.

The_scorpion

Liturgist
it was an awesome LP anyway. Seeing the big guys go down woulda been fun though :D

Felix

Arcane
RK47 LP is finished and here I'm still struggle against Shingen :(

Do a RTK 10 and "duel" in Codex fashion :lol:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Even Nobunaga's latest ambition doesn't come to the English PC. What. The. Fuck?

Tigranes

Arcane
Great LP, well done to finish it :salute:

I can understand stopping here, all RTK games (and really, half the strategy games out there) suffer from the fact that once you are a sizable, established force you just can't lose. Arguably once you established a solid foothold with 5-6 cities it was game over, even before you took out Liu Zhang and Cao Cao. When you're able to field full size (50k+) armies with the likes of Zhuge Liang it's God Mode, really. I remember my most enjoyable play with RTK is when I picked Liu Bei in 201, in that single city, and fended off Cao Cao's forces 10 times larger in the mountain bottleneck.

(How did Jia Xu live that long, anyway? He's like 60 when you start.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom