Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The new topics' lists

What do you think of the new topics' list on the front page?

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
DarkUnderlord said:
herostratus said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Hey, if you want to show off your graphic skills by making smaller buttons, be my guest.
I can't graphic anything, but I don't get why you can't copy one of the old ones and write "library" where it now says "general".
Because I couldn't match the font. Thus it looked like the odd one out
Ah yes, making it three times larger than the others and giving them a different colour will certainly alleviate that problem.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
herostratus said:
Ah yes, making it three times larger than the others and giving them a different colour will certainly alleviate that problem.
Indeed it did. :smug:

DU if you would mind posting up the button graphics somewhere and telling me what font you are using on the main page (for the date, and underneath the 5 fingers, the selectable text on top of the horizontal bar) I will take an ill-advised crack at it.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Blank button is here, re-size as you wish: http://www.rpgcodex.net/system/template ... _blank.png

Font colour: #AEBADC

Font is Tahoma. When I tried re-using it though, I couldn't get it to match the previous buttons - and had to fiddle a lot in Photoshop Elements to make the buttons readable at anything below 14 pt in that colour. Could be I used a different program originally.

The old finger font was Tahoma 12 bold. Matches perfectly. Also, these versions are much smaller (< 1KB) than the current fingers.

fu25xi.gif
23qzd61.gif
20sc1si.gif
w6up2o.gif
wjuvyo.gif

vs

btn_rpg.png
btn_gaming.png
btn_lets_play.png
btn_library.png
btn_general.png

which is better and why? Discuss!!

Cassidy

Arcane
MetalCraze said:
RPG Topics:

Alpha Protocol
Mass Effect 2
Mount & Blade
Dwarf Fortress

lol

Why I'm posting less and less in GRPG nowadays.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom