Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Zodiac Legion - X-COM and dungeons

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You really just going to fire shots at cleve like that?
The worst part is that I don't even have a bunker to show for it!
I don't know where are you from but you can move to Albania. I heard they have tons and tons of those from the commie times. Possibly very cheap.
I'm from France. It looks like they have cheaper shared/mass produced ones in Beijing!

images

Anyway, I'd rather have armed friends for the Apocalypse but these are hard to come by if you aren't Corsican.

Funnily, the underground facilities (aka dungeons) in Zodiac Legion were also built in preparation for a magic apocalypse, to make sure the vaults would be almost unreachable without magic help.

Modron

Arcane
Suddenly your rat problems seem less of a legitimate issue and more like a “the fuck did you expect”
The rats are at his parents house which he visits regularly to shower, launder clothes, recharge his laptops and phone, and kill rats.

Surprised you don't have a proper tent or more tarps set up as a better windbreak.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd be worried about rape from elves more-so than genocide. Elves so thirsty....
Rape? From elves? That is very unlikely:
Elves typically have more stat points than other races, are immune to 99% of the existing diseases, and don't die from old age.
They also have advanced knowledge in a lot of areas, despite not willing to cut trees for agriculture.
And despite all of this, they manage to be on the brink of extinction in nearly every universe they live in.
The only explanation I can see is a very strong aversion to reproductive activites...

Anyway, Zodiac Legion won't have elves, unless we go full Sidhe/Vanir.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I'd be worried about rape from elves more-so than genocide. Elves so thirsty....
Rape? From elves? That is very unlikely:
Elves typically have more stat points than other races, are immune to 99% of the existing diseases, and don't die from old age.
They also have advanced knowledge in a lot of areas, despite not willing to cut trees for agriculture.
And despite all of this, they manage to be on the brink of extinction in nearly every universe they live in.
The only explanation I can see is a very strong aversion to reproductive activites...

In Tolkien's books elves used to be quite fertile, Feanor had 7 sons - with one wife. His father had 5 children but with 2 wives*. However that was in the 1st Age when the race was "young". In all the Tolkien's knockoffs the authors forget about that first part. Their books all happen in the what in Tolkien's book was called 3rd Age. Elves being old and nostalgic and having no sexual drive. Or just have low sperm count.
In addition being less fertile make sense for an immortal race - otherwise Elves would very quickly outgrow their capacity to feed the population. They can die of lack of nourishment afaik, the justy don't age or die of sickness.
However, being less fertile doesn't mean one can't have fun raping. One probably have low sperm count, not limp dick, hence low fertility, that's all.

*No I didn't know that, had to check in the wiki although i remembered the 7 sons of Feanor.

Edit: Don't forget dark elves, those seem rape happy, in D&D or Warhammer at least.

Last edited:

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That's probably because they can't tell their evlen men from women.

That's good news. To hell with the elves!
But what about dwarves? You know Steam just got the new dedicted "Dwarf" tag for a reason.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Seems Elves has something in common with Dwarfs after all. Incidentally both races are usually portrayed as low fertility, slowly going extinct in tolkienesque fantasy. Which is weird because dwarfs weren't dying or leaving Middle Earth like Elves in Tolkien's book. They were just VERY secretive about their women to the point that not a single one(?) appears in any Tolkien book. They probably kept them in harems - good for them.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Seems Elves has something in common with Dwarfs after all. Incidentally both races are usually portrayed as low fertility, slowly going extinct in tolkienesque fantasy. Which is weird because dwarfs weren't dying or leaving Middle Earth like Elves in Tolkien's book. They were just VERY secretive about their women to the point that not a single one(?) appears in any Tolkien book. They probably kept them in harems - good for them.
That's the very place from which the legs of Aragron's stupid joke grow.
The elves and elf-wankers are projecting their issues on dwarves, nothing more.

And to stay on topic, the dwarves make any game better, especially games with turn-based tactics.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
That's the very place from which the legs of Aragron's stupid joke grow.
The elves and elf-wankers are projecting their issues on dwarves, nothing more.

And to stay on topic, the dwarves make any game better, especially games with turn-based tactic
I'm not sure if Jagged Alliance 2 would be better with dwarfs...
:philosoraptor:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I think i saw one in Eugene walmart.... but weighing several hundred more pounds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom