Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your top 10 RPGs EXCEPT top 20 Codex titles

vazha

Arcane
Think that was the most fleshed out one (altough n2 was pretty darn good as well, sunk countless hours (and ships) in that, remember grandma, bless her soul, bringing me soups over because I refused to go to the kitchen) and had / has numerous addons and QoL improvements. Great series in general, although didnt like the changes to combat system in the last one (where you play as a Frenchman who gets into trouble because of his gambler brother).
Still worth to go through the series as a whole though? I've been aware of Sea Dogs for years but it's probably the most well known Rus jank I haven't played yet so I definitely need to change that.
deffo worth it. Start with n2, then n4, then the myriad addons & 4, and finish with 1 if you find yourself wanting more. 1st installment isnt bad by any means, but its quite dated & tricky to run.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
1st installment isnt bad by any means, but its quite dated & tricky to run.
That hasn't ever stopped me. If that's the only reason to not go from the start, then I'll start from there. Unless it also really does not matter for this series where you start?

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
age of decadence
wizardry 1
ultima iv
icewind dale
wizardry 6
lands of lore
might and magic iii
nox archanist
legend of grimrock 2
pathfinder: wrath of the righteous

FA7

Educated
knights of the chalice 2
caves of lore
toee
dragons dogma
colony ship
skald: against the black priory
solasta
neo scavenger
vaporum
battle brothers

Kruyurk

Learned
If I only include games that are not considered shit on the Codex:
Otherwise:
  • Kenshi
  • Exanima
  • Demon's Souls
  • Dragon's Dogma
  • Battle Brothers
  • Icewind Dale
  • Icewind Dale 2
I can't think of any others :oops:

edit: People who don't use any capital letter in your lists, what is wrong with you???

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom