Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your first AoD character

My first character will choose the career of

• Assassin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mercenary

• Knight

• Loremaster

• Thief

• Merchant

• Grifter

• Kingcomrade

• Total voters

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Iron Tower site mentions seven character types. Which career will your first character pursue?

galsiah

Erudite
Fallout_Fan_VII said:
Just going by the descriptions at IronTowers, I'm leaning toward Loremaster.
Are you sure that's wise? It's the course I'm most likely to avoid.
VD has stated that you might often finish the game without knowing the entire truth of the situation. I'd have thought that a loremaster, would be the most likely of any character type to find the real truth. Why not save that for a later playthough? You could play through once or twice with characters that are largely in the dark - then play as a loremaster or similar and be surer of the truth.
Do things the other way around and you'd stand a higher chance of knowing a load of stuff that your character doesn't. It's much easier to feel involved with a character who is in the dark when you're in the dark too.

JrK

Prophet
Merc. I always try to play a character that's good at combat first so I learn the combat system during the first playthrough. Next playthroughs I can take some combat-lite characters.

galsiah said:
Fallout_Fan_VII said:
Just going by the descriptions at IronTowers, I'm leaning toward Loremaster.
Are you sure that's wise? It's the course I'm most likely to avoid.
VD has stated that you might often finish the game without knowing the entire truth of the situation. I'd have thought that a loremaster, would be the most likely of any character type to find the real truth. Why not save that for a later playthough?

Well, I'm just now going through info on the game, so I wouldn't really know what a "wise" course of action would be. As I said, I was just basing my decision on the description from the website.

galsiah

Erudite
Sure - I'm not saying that a loremaster might not be the most entertaining, or even the most effective character. I'd just guess that assuming you'd play more than once (since the game is designed for replays), you'd get more entertainment by leaving a loremaster until later.
Clearly I'm not certain of that - perhaps what you learn depends much more strongly on the choices you make than on the skills you start with.

I guess I'll go for a combat-heavy character the first time. (presuming the demo doesn't suck too horribly :))

Tinkies

Novice
Assassin; it's the closest thing to a ninja. I wonder how it'll work, though; will you have to get in the usual combat, or can you sneak behind your target and stab them in the back? Only time will tell, I suppose.

Bradylama

Arcane
Loremaster is definitely going to be my first playthrough, since I'm mostly interested in exploring the setting and playing with a player character who gets by on his wits.

Blood soaked carnage can be saved for later. :twisted:

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I'm going to play a pedaphile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :oops:

I love little boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALOT!!!!! :P :P :P :shock:

spacemoose

Erudite
Roqua said:
I'm going to play a pedaphile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :o :oops:

I love little boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALOT!!!!! :P :P :P :shock:

that goes without saying though. and its more of a side hobby than an occupation in and of itself. ergo, vis a vis, tu quoque, si vis pacem para bellum.

semper fi!

transit gloria.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
A hard decision for me, but I'm leaning towards knight.

Firstly for the reaons Elhoim mentioned, and secondly because I generally play a character who goes the way the wind blows, takes up any quest for the hope of rewards, doesn't have any loyalty. The knight sounds like a profession that might give me a real reason to act differently, stay loyal to a house, decline offers etc.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I will roleplay a gay furry who flirts a lot with all young, feminine-looking men.

Mayday

Augur
Edward_R_Murrow said:
I want to play a sarcastic merc who takes every oppurtunity to insult opponents or make light of any situation.

...I look that much like your fiance?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
JrK said:
Merc. I always try to play a character that's good at combat first so I learn the combat system during the first playthrough. Next playthroughs I can take some combat-lite characters.
Precisely!

Then I'd like to play a loremaster to learn as much as I can, and then a thief.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Probably a knight or merc. I always start out with a diplomatic fighter character on my first playthrough. If the game is good, I'll try again with an assasin. Looks like it might be fun to toy around with one of these.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
You know, I think the first time through I'm gonna be a Shady Missionary... Oh crap, I meant mercenary! Shady Mercenary. Anyway, the reason for that is that Mercs can pretty much be hired by just about everyone, but at the same time, owe allegiance to none. You're a hired gun, extra muscle, the guy who pushes back when your boss can't be bothered to. Not a bad career in general, albeit if you're not very good at your job, most certainly a short lived one.

Müg

Scholar
Loremaster. I fucking love game settings. *fapfapfapfap*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom