Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Your favorite villain in an rpg!

Andhaira

Arcane
Who is it? Mine is Batlin from the fellowship, in Ultima 7.

What about YOU?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Can't say I've enjoyed any RPG villains I've met, but if I absolutely must pick someone, I'm going with a weeaboo answer and say Fou-Lu from BoF4.

Chateaubryan

Cipher
Shodan, by far.

She's very angry about mankind, probably has issues about being "born" from the player character, a meatbag hacker she had to bear in her bowels for 6 months or so, before trying to kill him by sending all the monstruosities she has motherly crafted.

Almighty yet deeply psycho, that's how I love 'em.

Oh. And I don't care if SS is not considered as an RPG.

Turok

Erudite
By the way, i just want a game that let me play as the villain, that will be something really nice. (evil partys for adventure are just fake choices because it always end the same).

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Turok said:
By the way, i just want a game that let me play as the villain, that will be something really nice. (evil partys for adventure are just fake choices because it always end the same).
Wizardry 4.

made

Arcane
Lol, now that Chefe is out of favor with the ruling class there's room again for idiots to play, eh Andy?

I never minded your I lub obiv + jrpg trolling before despite not being as amusing as the hentai spam of your previous incarnations, but you kind of became more moderate in your attempts when being forced to play 2nd fiddle to Chefe.

I've lost my respect for you bro. You were a pussy in the face of adversity, and now you're weakly trying to reclaim your position. You're a 2nd rate troll. Congrats.

Love,

made

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Honourable mention to Jon Irenicus because he's voiced by David Warner, who has one of the coolest villain voices of our time.

Honourable mention also goes to President Eden from Fallout 3, because he's voiced by Malcolm McDowell. Yes, I know the game is shit, but it's Malcolm fucking McDowell, guys.

Really though, the Master from Fallout is the most memorable villain in any RPG I've played. I was quite shocked by how cool and evil-ish he was the first time I played Fallout.

Moray

Scholar
A few that come to mind for me:

Jon Irenicus. David Warner FTW, if you ask me.

The Master from Fallout.

And the Transcendent One from Planescape: Torment. While he was rather "behind the scenes" for the majority of the game, that final confrontation with him is one of my favourite gaming moments.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Edward_R_Murrow said:
The Practical Incarnation by far, with Irenicus coming in a close second for David Warner.
The Practical Incarnation was one fucked up fellow.

Not only was his life dedicated to lying to and cheating people, he was an insane megalomaniac, to the point that he wouldn't even allow his own future incarnations to break from the curse, if it meant he could not do it himself.

Hell, he had absolutely no idea how to break the curse, and he still wanted to take over your mind, as if he will deliberately go down and take you with him.

That was really one of the central things about the game. You can never be as smart, as dangerous, and as powerful as the Practical Incarnation was in his prime (as Morte tells you), and yet that doesn't matter, because a man who throws away the lives of people while pretending to be their honorable saviour is a divided mind. And a divided mind was the exact thing that nearly destroyed Dak'kon, and simply obstructed this man from ever discovering what would save him. There was no way he would discover the fact that change from within would save him, because what he believed and what he did were always two different things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom