Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News You don't understand because you have not played Fallout 3

J1M

Arcane
inwoker said:
I like step-by-step confirmation of what codex hivemind initially thought on fallout 3 by bethsoft.
Actually, they used the codex threads as a design doc. How better to ensure commercial success?

flabbyjack

Arcane
J1M said:
inwoker said:
I like step-by-step confirmation of what codex hivemind initially thought on fallout 3 by bethsoft.
Actually, they used the codex threads as a design doc. How better to ensure commercial success?
J1M is correct, as usual. Bethsoft developers took teh Codex threads and inverted them. They were left with something acceptable to the mainstream.

Basis for this conjecture -- http://www.nma-fallout.com/content.php? ... poll_id=25
#1 most despised potential feature of FO3 : Lack of 50s setting
#2 First Person
#3 Real Time combat
Recent reviews/previews state that the humorous setting is axed, and we all know that first person and real time combat is in, so they pretty much rejected the Fallout fans anti-wishlist. We're stuck in old times man, old times.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
inwoker said:
Pastel said:
God this shit is so fucking stupid. Elander makes a great point. Besides, why the fuck would evil people be angry that you help grannies cross the road or whatever?
Because they are evil. This is obvious.

But what if the grannies are even more evil?

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Trojan_generic said:
inwoker said:
Pastel said:
God this shit is so fucking stupid. Elander makes a great point. Besides, why the fuck would evil people be angry that you help grannies cross the road or whatever?
Because they are evil. This is obvious.

But what if the grannies are even more evil?

Then you chop off their heads and talk to them.

Seboss

Liturgist
"It's the other way around , weren't you listening?" says E.Pagliarulo.

Crolug

Liturgist
I see another nice chit chat about Bethesda, so I decided to tell you a little story, completely true story, that my friend just told me, he just got back from USA a few days ago.

My friend's nickname is Yuri. Some months ago we were chating online about his life in USA and among many funny things he mentioned that he lived quite near Bethesda HQ. So I said to him something like: neat, do me a favor, go there and tell them how they fucked up Oblivion. You know, a small joke.

But Yuri didn't find it funny and actually went there, where he was very nicely welcomed by some secretary. Then he demanded to be directed to complaints department. Secretary was very confused, said that there's not any (weird, ha?) and call up some bossie and Yuri said:
"Hi, I'm Yuri from Poland, I was asked by my friend from Poland, to tell you that you completely fucked up Oblivion"

Bossie was absolutely and completely shocked, didn't know what to say, at the end he gave Yuri his business card and said that if we would have any more "suggestions" in the future about their future titles, we are encouraged to contact him directly.

Which we gladly will after F3 will hit the stores shelves.

The End.

Micmu

Magister
"Hi, I'm Yuri from Poland, I was asked by my friend from Poland, to tell you that you completely fucked up Oblivion"
Excellent :lol:
Now that's way funnier than trolling up their "forum".

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Bossie was absolutely and completely shocked, didn't know what to say, at the end he gave Yuri his business card and said that if we would have any more "suggestions" in the future about their future titles, we are encouraged to contact him directly.
Pics of the business card or it didn't happend.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
micmu said:
Excellent :lol:
Now that's way funnier than trolling up their "forum".
That's what you call Plant Tickets Extreme Bitch.

Durwyn

Prophet
Crolug said:
I see another nice chit chat about Bethesda, so I decided to tell you a little story, completely true story, that my friend just told me, he just got back from USA a few days ago.

My friend's nickname is Yuri. Some months ago we were chating online about his life in USA and among many funny things he mentioned that he lived quite near Bethesda HQ. So I said to him something like: neat, do me a favor, go there and tell them how they fucked up Oblivion. You know, a small joke.

But Yuri didn't find it funny and actually went there, where he was very nicely welcomed by some secretary. Then he demanded to be directed to complaints department. Secretary was very confused, said that there's not any (weird, ha?) and call up some bossie and Yuri said:

Which we gladly will after F3 will hit the stores shelves.

The End.
2 good 2 b tru

Ion Flux

Savant
Project: Eternity
I am absolutely certain that if this did actually happen, that the "Bossie" will be sure to make sure Bethesda developers will implement any and all suggestions that "Yuri" & "Some other kid from Poland" will give him in the future. :lol:

Oh and, declineofthecodex.

Anaglyph

Novice
My friend Hugh from Wales pissed in Todd Howard's coffee, so there.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Crolug said:

Bossie was absolutely and completely shocked, didn't know what to say, so they got in a little fight and Yuri's mom got scared and said you're moving with your aunty and uncle to bel-air. He whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had a dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare But he thought now forget it, yo home to bel-air.

He pulled up to a house about seven or eight and yelled to the cabby yo, home smell you later. Looked at his kingdom and he was finally there, to settle on his throne as the prince of bel-air.
Fixed.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
DarkUnderlord, you will remember this day as the day you finally won Andyman Messiah over.

Consider yourself awesome.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I like the way this thread is evolving, moar Bethesda stories pleaz.

John_Blazze

Augur
Crolug said:

Pics of the plant Yuri took from Bethesda's HQ lobby or it diddnt happen

Xi

Arcane
No you don't understand because you have played it; played the Bethesda game I mean. That is to say you've been thoroughly stroked, poked, and fag touched. You are at one with the game because you're enjoying some of that good 'ol Pete sauce. Doesn't the Pete sauce feel good trickling down your throat, tickling your tongue, and stroking your tonsils?

But no, you're not gay either! No one can call you gay until they experience such pleasure. Gay is merely a hollow expression for a richly, juicily, suckling experience that is Pete sauce. Then when you got AIDS from experimenting with herion needles, that was also something no one else could understand. "You gotta try it to cry it!"

What a beautiful mind, you great previewer you. You Dirty Harry of preview slinging! You are the Christ, the water walker, and the sin reducer. You are letting us into a little piece of heaven. Fallout 3 is heaven, and you cannot say otherwise until you play it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
that wouldn't happen if it was the one true Yuri. I'm pretty sure he'd explain Bethesda the errors of their ways.

udo1.jpg

Chefe

Erudite
Darth Roxor said:
that wouldn't happen if it was the one true Yuri. I'm pretty sure she'd explain Bethesda the errors of their ways with a haoshokouyken to the face.

o8e6hj.jpg

'fixed

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Huh, Chefe's back.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom