Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

DraQ

Arcane
I can't take back my items from a crate in balmora fighters guild fellow guild members attack me for taking my stuff, is there a way to fix it?
Yes, don't stupid the next time around - for all they know you are trying to take guild's stuff.

Other than that:
  • Are the items something unique/crucial/extra valuable/quest items/something you can't live without?
    • YES:
      • Try to retrieve the items (covertly if possible)
      • Run away
      • stash the items somewhere you can get to them and give yourself up to the guard or pay off the Thieves Guild
      • stay away from the guild for several days
      • pay amends
      • don't fuck up again
    • NO:
      • Suck it up.
      • No, seriously.

janior

Arcane
Patron
Well it's about 20 books i wanted to read, no quest items/books probably(maybe key to lower Arkngthand ruins but i explored that whole place and didn't find any use for the key).
After changing owner of the crate every item disappeared lol.
for all they know you are trying to take guild's stuff.
earlier they didn't mind me keeping stuff there

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Well it's about 20 books i wanted to read, no quest items/books probably(maybe key to lower Arkngthand ruins but i explored that whole place and didn't find any use for the key).
After changing owner of the crate every item disappeared lol
Damn! The simplest solution might be to use console commands to give your character the same items and then pretend the ones you left in the crate don't exist.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes3Mod:AddItem
1. Open the in-game console using the ~ key (or whatever is to the left of the 1 key on your keyboard).
2. For each type of item in the crate, type player->additem, "Item_Name", X where X is the quantity of that particular item and Item_Name is the name used by the game to refer to that item. You can determine the reference name of an item by clicking on it while the console is open, or just look them up on UESP. A lot of the reference names for books are listed here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Books

You might even be able to use the additem (with negative X) or removeitem commands to then make the books disappear from the crate (replace player-> with container_name->), if you're the sort of person who cares about leaving anomalies.

janior

Arcane
Patron
I'll do it most likely or just re-buy those books since at this point i have plenty of money and i don't know what to do with it anyway. My another question is where is "safe" place where i can store my items(crate,chest or whatever). Can you guys recommend some quests worth doing? I did most of fighter's guild quests and i'm not impressed i wonder if it is even worth finishing whole questline. I joined House Redoran and did their first two quests(delivery of potion, killing mudcrabs...) is it going to get more in-depth with politics and rivalry between the great houses or just more fetch quests?

Last edited:

janior

Arcane
Patron
Any ideas what to do with money in this game? Where can i sell items worth more than 5k? I'm lvl 10 and my character was mainly focused on main quest but already it feels like i'm too OP(iv'e found good two-handed sword while exploring a cave where i was lookign for some magical bow to become friend of the ashlanders clan).

DraQ

Arcane
After changing owner of the crate every item disappeared lol.
Well, AFAIK you have overwritten whatever changes were made to this container by your save.
:M
CS is a content making tool, not ad-hoc gameplay blunder remover.

The best use of excess money is spellmaking and enchanting.
The best non-easter egg merchant is, predictably, Adabael Whatshisname, the author of The Buying Game, in Zainab camp, with 9k GP - he will rip you off, though.

Old One

Arcane
Suggestion for characters with too much money:
1) find Grand Soul Gem
2) find Golden Saint/Ascended Sleeper and capture soul in gem
3) make constant effect item at your favorite enchanter.
Affluenza problem solved!

janior

Arcane
Patron
hmm i think i'll enchant recall ring is tamriel rebuilt good mod to install for first playthrough? Does it add meaningful content?

kwanzabot

Cipher
Shitposter
people who like morrowind ie people who like wandering through stale copypasted areas dungeons lifeless worlds= retards

the world in morrowind looks alot like poland though, bland and covered in shit

Kalon

Scholar
Back on topic, why oh why do Morrowind modders have to ruin otherwise interesting ideas with silly stuff.

MCA ? Good idea to add life to Morrowind, but was there really a need for all these new outfits ? And most importantly, I don't need a "-make love" option when taking a companion.

Children of Morrowind ? Now I have kids parading in Morag Tong outfits, traders selling lollipops alongside shurikens, and don't get me started on the papoose the pregnant NPCs are carrying; it looks like they mummified them and use them to smuggle drug.

White Wolf of Lokken (or rather LoKKen, for whatever reason): Was it really necessary to have a Red Riding Hood character at some point ?

Frankly, I'd rather play some outright insane stuff ilke Morrowland.

Kalon

Scholar
Oh, and Julan Ashlander Companion. It was such a great idea to have a male companion, and one whose own questline revolves around the MQ. Except his questline actually blocks the MQ at some point. You even get a Message Box that kindly informs you that "You Need To Advance Julan's Story More". You can almost distinctly hear the modder screaming "Listen to muh awesome story". How about muh immersion, bitch.

Old One

Arcane
...why oh why do Morrowind modders have to ruin otherwise interesting ideas with silly stuff.
I only played Morrowind for the first time about three weeks ago, and I've already formed the opinion that the fanbase are a bunch of pitiful, feeble-minded knuckleheads - not everyone, of course, but a higher proportion than I'm willing to tolerate. There's a reason they've earned the name "Bethestards." You can easily spot them because they're addicted to using the term "lore friendly."

Kalon

Scholar
"Lore-friendly" is so 2010 sweetie, now the buzz-word is "Immersive".

Anyway, there's a difference between lore-breaking and downright stupid. I don't mind lore-breaking.

Kalon

Scholar

Well, in fact, now they say "Dramatic". Seriously. There's a mod called "Dramatic Molag Mar". Back in 2005 it would have simply been called "Better Molag Mar". And what makes it "dramatic", you may ask ? Well, adding a few crates and fishing nets is what makes it dramatic, apaprently.

Although, when you think about it, Modding and Drama have never been too far from each other.

That's more or less what Better Caldera is, a bunch of fluff and filler items/stalls/etc. Damned if it doesn't do the job though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom