Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

DraQ

Arcane
Erm aren't Redoran guards wearing bonemold armors? I got my hands on the set but my character does not look like the guards on the street.

I am talking about

MW-npc-Redoran_Guard_%28female%29.jpg

I am thinking about joining them since they'd fit my class and they look p. cool. They should also be in good relationships with the Imperial Legion, Tribunal Temple and Fighters Guild.

There are multiple types of bonemold armour. Not sure which ones they have.
Gah-Julan style.

Hlaalu guards wear Armun-An.

What is this, Sims? Who needs a house? Anyway, I did this one quest where I had to bring a slave back to some guy but he tried to kill her so, ofc, being the abolitionist I am I killed him and freed the slave. The dude's house is right next to Caius' so it makes for a suitable 'loot dump.'
That's the one I tend to use as well, at least in early game.

Use Hlaalo manor to dump loot, Caius' house or guild to sleep if you don't want to kill Hlaalo chambermaid.
"Kill the occupant and LARP sims" crowd has always made me
:abyssgazer:,
so has permacorpse storage.
But taking over a house of someone you do have reasons to kill is perfectly ok and there are plenty of such people who are explicitly quest targets or give you legitimate reasons to kill them.

Also, I'm pretty sure that...
I used to use Hlaalo manor (without killing the maid, though) but then I realized that all the containers were owned.
...container ownership expires with the owner.
+M

House mods are not the most crappy Morrowind mods by far, though. Landmass mods other than Tamriel Rebuilt also have a tendency to add particularly retarded content.
At least they do try to add content.
Although I'm extremely purist, so other than periodically updating my TR (which I haven't yet played, TBH) I only really played Hagge which is atmospheric, tries hard to be lore-compliant and the only retarded thing in it is that it tried to roll out its own reputation system which turned out to suck badly.
Sadly, I don't think it was ever translated from :outrage:.

MWaser

Arbiter
Although I'm extremely purist, so other than periodically updating my TR (which I haven't yet played, TBH) I only really played Hagge which is atmospheric, tries hard to be lore-compliant and the only retarded thing in it is that it tried to roll out its own reputation system which turned out to suck badly.
Sadly, I don't think it was ever translated from :outrage:.
Ah, I was wondering if I would ever find another person who had ever played the Hagge Island mod. Thank Azura RPGcodex is filled with :outrage:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Honestly, as far as loot dumps go I usually just use the Mage Guild in Balmora. Tons of space and containers downstairs, and Balmora itself is a convenient location, especially if you have the Master Index and set your Mark there, which allows you also to get to Balmora with Almsivi.

DraQ

Arcane
Well, I'll have to try that. Thing is, Ralen Hlaalo dies/is already dead when I enter the manor, so does it change something ?
I don't know, you can check container and item ownership with TFH console command if you feel the need.
I never understood permacorpse storage, so I just don't get why you'd use Hlaalo manor at all.

Either you care about "MUH IMMERSHUN" and use stuff more or less according to their in-universe purpose - in which case you will try to get a normal house without non-removable corpses lying around amidst traces of violence, and preferably not by killing an NPC owner without good reason either (at least when not playing a complete psycho), or you plain fucking DON'T NEED A HOUSE - a massive loot column in the middle of Balmora will do just as well.

Last edited:

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Hi, my name is Drax and my first ES game was Oblivion and... I kinda liked it.
:negative:
But then I saw the light!
:outrage:
And now I know the right path
:flamesaw:
Hey!!! I was about to do the same story. I was literally the target age (8) when I played it. It was the first "open-world" "RPG" that I played and it seemed amazing. That is, until I got my first PC and saw how much better RPG's (and games in general could be.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
Since I did my last playthrough with next to no mods (just some practical stuff), I thought I'd give LGNPC a go again this time around. They've completely rewritten Seyda Neen since the last time I tried it, and it's pretty good. Most characters have relatively ordinary backstories, and even the ones that have something interesting about their histories are not too outrageous. The Pelagiad one is still unchanged. So it still has that questline where the shopkeeper's mother is a vampire and his servant can transform into a guar or whatever. Or, as the modders call it, "a more light-hearted offering, while, of course, retaining the Morrowind feel at all times".

Anyone know if the mod is still being updated? Their forum has been dead for years. Apparently one of their modders has been releasing "Less Generic Nerevarine" and "Less Generic Bloodmoon" on an unofficial basis. Anyone have experience with those?

Kalon

Scholar
Either you care about "MUH IMMERSHUN" and use stuff more or less according to their in-universe purpose - in which case you will try to get a normal house without non-removable corpses laying around amidst traces of violence, and preferably not by killing an NPC owner without good reason either (at least when not playing a complete psycho), or you plain fucking DON'T NEED A HOUSE - a massive loot column in the middle of Balmora will do just as well.

Well, using Ralen Hlaalo's manor can make sense for a shady character who wants to hide in a place no one dares to enter.

So it still has that questline where the shopkeeper's mother is a vampire and his servant can transform into a guar or whatever. Or, as the modders call it, "a more light-hearted offering, while, of course, retaining the Morrowind feel at all times".

I always found that some LGNPC quests seemed to be written by a 12yo girl. In any case, even when using the version that has no quests, it feels weird to have a complete stranger blurting out a whole paragraph telling you everything about who him, his ancestors, his hobbies and his love life.

DraQ

Arcane
Either you care about "MUH IMMERSHUN" and use stuff more or less according to their in-universe purpose - in which case you will try to get a normal house without non-removable corpses laying around amidst traces of violence, and preferably not by killing an NPC owner without good reason either (at least when not playing a complete psycho), or you plain fucking DON'T NEED A HOUSE - a massive loot column in the middle of Balmora will do just as well.

Well, using Ralen Hlaalo's manor can make sense for a shady character who wants to hide in a place no one dares to enter.
:stupid:
Except guards, all sorts of people from house hlaalu, presumably temple people to eventually clean up the body (the alternative of having a rotting corpse sprawled in the middle of your living room isn't much more attractive) and such. Not to mention housemaid who's already there.
:hearnoevil:
A shady character would either obtain a house on the outskirts of the town or some backwater village, if murder is to be involved then murder someone who has no close relative, no hired help and kept the fuck away from the law themselves, or an actual hideout in the actual middle of nowhere. Like all the actual shady characters that actually are in the actual fucking game.

Kalon

Scholar
Except guards, all sorts of people from house hlaalu, presumably temple people to eventually clean up the body (the alternative of having a rotting corpse sprawled in the middle of your living room isn't much more attractive) and such. Not to mention housemaid who's already there.

Well, my character can hide from the guards, clean the body by typing "delete" in the console, and enjoy shagging the housemaid.

This is all moot anyway, since I probably don't even need a house. I'm way past collecting big piles of junk in that game.

DraQ

Arcane

Well, my character can hide from the guards, clean the body by typing "delete" in the console, and enjoy shagging the housemaid.

This is all moot anyway, since I probably don't even need a house. I'm way past collecting big piles of junk in that game.
Sure they can, but would they want to live in place where they'd have to?
Also, the moment you use console to facilitate your "MUH ROLEPLAYING!!!!1" should set the alarm sirens off in your head.

Kalon

Scholar
FFS, just collect the bounty on Dura-Gra-Bol or whatevs in Balmora.

I did, and I'm pretty sure the containers are still marked as owned.

Muh Rolelplaying is fine, thanks you. This is probably my 15th playthrough of that game, so I'm overdone with RPing and pretending my character is anything that matters or that the gameworld would give a damn about. So frankly I don't really care that there is a permacorspe in the middle of the hall. I type "ra" int he console on a daily basis already to take the guards off the river in Balmora.

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
I always found that some LGNPC quests seemed to be written by a 12yo girl. In any case, even when using the version that has no quests, it feels weird to have a complete stranger blurting out a whole paragraph telling you everything about who him, his ancestors, his hobbies and his love life.

To be fair, you don't get access to most of this stuff with low disposition. In past builds, I usually had decent to high personality, and speechcraft as either a minor or major skill, but I decided to go without it this time around. With 40 disposition, they generally refuse to tell you any intimate info. Of course, disposition is pretty stupid in itself: it only accounts for NPCs liking your character, not knowing him. Big difference, and it's not really LGNPC's fault that the conversation system isn't more refined. What is their fault is that they sometimes give you responses that raise disposition, which you can spam again and again until the NPC's disposition is at 100.

In terms of content, some LGNPC modules are really good, like the Redoran one. They added a whole questline surrounding the "rogue" Redoran who are at Marandus, whom you can help out in defiance of Bolvyn Venim. There is also a lot of stuff to do after you kill Venim, there is a quest where you can go after the impostor Felsen Sethandus (which a Hlaalu player would normally get), etc. I mainly reinstalled it for the Tel Uvirith and other Telvanni stuff, since I want to play a Telvanni game. So I'm looking forward to see if that material is any good. But I do hope they'll rewrite the Pelagiad mod someday.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
3d767acdf1.png
wleljd.png

Vivec is a pretty cool guy, eh defies gods and doesn't afraid of anything.

For real though I just chatted with Vivec for the first time. I love how detached and matter of fact he is. Great character.

Kalon

Scholar
So I checked in Dura Gra Bol's house and I confirm that ownership doesn't disappear when the owner is dead.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I just killed Dagoth Ur. I died a couple times, because I didn't realize I was supposed to run for the heart. I actually did some damage to him though, which is why I kept trying. :P

On to the expansions. .

Caim

Arcane
Did you pick up the ring dropped right in front of the door to the final area after killing him for the first time? And did you get the reward from Azura?

Moth

Learned
3d767acdf1.png
wleljd.png

Vivec is a pretty cool guy, eh defies gods and doesn't afraid of anything.

For real though I just chatted with Vivec for the first time. I love how detached and matter of fact he is. Great character.

Not to mention the Sermons are quality crypto-babble with some hints to genuine esoteric thought. They remind of something written by Joel Osteen, if he was Thelemite who did a lot of LSD in the eighties...and was a legit wizard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom