Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Yet another Fallout 3 interview

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Bioware would have made Fallout Lite, Bethesda will make MW with guns. The quality of the game would only depend on the quality and features of TES4. So, if TES4 has better NPCs and dialogues, then FO3 would have better NPCs and dialogues. Obviosuly, some improvements are planned for TES4, although I doubt that whatever they are doing would make FO3 fallouty. Personally, I expect a generic FPS post-apoc game with few Fallout references focused on exploration. It may be an enjoyable game if one manages to forget that it's supposed to be Fallout 3.

Avin

Liturgist
fallout 3 was van buren. most people here are probably missing sawyer, puuk and the great ping pong player.

plin

Liturgist
Avin said:
fallout 3 was van buren. most people here are probably missing sawyer, puuk and the great ping pong player.

most people here think van buren would have been shit as well. I don't think so but mehhh.

Spazmo

Erudite
Avin said:

Uh... no. Fallout 3 would have been whatever Troika cooked up for us.

Avin

Liturgist
probably better than fo2 (that was shit). and isometric. fo1 is the only one.

Avin

Liturgist
Spazmo said:

only if closer to arcanum gaming and toee's graphics. both games are good but both games have flaws.

tilting_msh

Formerly Judas
Patron
Codex 2012
Spazmo said:
Avin said:

A bug-infested, poorly-written, over-hyped piece of shit?

plin

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
Avin said:

probably a crock of shit

4too

Arcane
The Power Of Naming

The Power Of Naming

To honor the differences,
perhaps we can refer to 'Van Buren' as FO3, and designate the recently re-spawned as FO3-B,
'B' as in Bethesda.

Suppose that the aversion to TB has more to do with the old console version of TB than the TB of the FO's? The trauma of monumental boredom in these games was projected onto the FO's? Guilt by association?

4too

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Judas said:
Spazmo said:
Avin said:

We are very impressed by your first post and the way your present your ideas.

tilting_msh

Formerly Judas
Patron
Codex 2012
Vault Dweller said:
Judas said:
Spazmo said:
Avin said:

We are very impressed by your first post and the way your present your ideas.
We are very grateful for your compliment.

plin

Liturgist
wha, what's going on, why'd he use "We"? Is he a developer or something?

Anyways. Unless you can read the future you don't know what troika's FO3 would be like, and you have no idea if it would be better or worse than Beth's. For all we know Troika could've made the shittiest CRPG ever.

Lemon

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
Role-Player said:
If turnbased is actually removed for the sake of going to consoles, then it would be a very idiotic move. If Bethesda does want to take advantage of the console market layer, look at the success of turnbased games sold in it. Correction: turnbased, non first-person games sold on it.
I think that you, fellas, are looking at it from the totally wrong point of view. It's not the question of what kinda game Bethesda's Fallout 3 will be, it's the question of what kinda game TES4 will be, and we all know the answer to that one. Bethesda is making a new engine and naturally wants to use it with max efficiency (Infinity Engine style). Making another fantasy game doesn't make sense, making a sci-fi one does. It would be exactly like TES4 only with different assets and skill <i>names</i>.

Gamebryo, which also drives Freedom Force Vs. The Third Reich.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
VB looked like it was gonna be a pretty good FO3. Screw Troika. They could have made a good FO3 too; but they aren't needed. They did NOT make FO.

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Volourn said:
r screw Troika. They had made a good FO3 too; but they aren't needed. They did NOT make FO.

remind me of your reasoning on how you can say that?
It's seems to me 4 people that worked on either fallout 1/ 2's nuts, bolts and art all currently work for Troika. what's your criteria?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Simple. Troika did NOT even exist when Fo was made so how in bejeebers could Troika create it? LMAO

Sheriff05

Liturgist
Volourn said:
Simple. Troika did NOT even exist when Fo was made so how in bejeebers could Troika create it? LMAO

Ok, I thought you were implying that not enough of the team was there to be a credible
link to the original games...fair enough.

Avin

Liturgist
ok, i will give bethesda a break. i have no high hopes on this project but i will give them a chance, even with the FP disappointment.

we haven't seen thongs until now.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
No prob, Sherriff. Let me put it this way, if Troika would have gotten the license, despite my complaints againhst them in the past - espicially in regards to TOEE - my reaction towards it would have been vastly different than it is towards Betsheda. I'd be looking forward to it. :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom