Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Yet Another Chris Avellone Interview

Dokkalfar

Drog-kun~
Village Idiot
WTF are these emoticons things at the bottom of posts? You people are a bunch of babies

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Underrail is very interesting, graphically it still irks me, but it's better than WL2 in terms of everything else at this point, but WL2 still has alot of potential left.
so does underrail, though.... and something tells me underrail is more likely to actually deliver on that potential, though i think wl2 will still turn out decently.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think you'll find that pretty much everyone, or at least a clear majority of backers, have received the WL2 very well. The only real negativity I've seen is on the RPG Codex, and it's for very nitpicky reasons. I think you guys should take a look at reality if you think this site is a reliable indicator of what the WL2 KS backers actually think.
Yeah man all those nitpicks like "every map feels like a dungeon" or "all the c&c is horribly contrived" or "combat is pitifully easy and boring".

Dokkalfar

Drog-kun~
Village Idiot
vHvAK9C.jpg

tFwA9g6.jpg

5AOhKOa.jpg

x0XBKE2.jpg

In RPG Codex world, these are "ugly", yet this:
Underrail-03.gif

Is better
:retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded:

Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 looks a lot better without DoF and Bloom, good to see it can be disabled.
When this trend to simulate image defects of very poor quality camera through shitty post processing die ? Wtf is wrong with retards that like it ? :M

Dokkalfar

Drog-kun~
Village Idiot
The comparison was with D:OS, you retard.
And? It's really a matter of preference, the environments good OK but to my eyes they look too smooth and uncluttered, I don't like the bright colors, or the obnoxiously bright fx from magic spells. The quick bar and UI looks like something out of Guild Wars 2 or some Asian MMO, same goes for the inventory.

And if were comparing 2D art elements of the game, it's really no contest at all.
This:
8601157501_3d407d7037_z.jpg

Versus:
WL_Junkie_tex.png
ws2_ar_port_60_tex.png
wl2_portrait_synth01_tex.png
wl2_portrait_raider04_tex.png
wl2_portrait_raider01_tex.png

Step it up Larian

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Dokkalfar is right tho... WL2, especially from those screens, does look superior to D:OS, and also underrail.

Like he says: in D:OS, "...the environments good OK but to my eyes they look too smooth and uncluttered, I don't like the bright colors, or the obnoxiously bright fx from magic spells. The quick bar and UI looks like something out of Guild Wars 2 or some Asian MMO, same goes for the inventory."

Dokkalfar

Drog-kun~
Village Idiot
Underrail's art is fine, it's crisp and understandable, does it's job. It does however have some issue with it's tile-based approach, in that the game begins to get very repetitive (graphically) after a while, because of extreme re-use of assets.

I'm mostly taking offense to the "HERP DERP DOF BLOOM ITS NOT 2D" shitposting that's on these boards often, ignoring the fact that WL2 actually looks pretty fine if you put settings to max, and put Saturation/Brightness down to about 20%. Hell the current beta doesn't even have Depth of Field or Bloom in visual settings, which shows how full of shit some people round here are.

Atleast underrail's tile approach ahs some onesty to it.

Not like how Fargo swindled from free movement to hexes to... tiles like underrail... hiding it with shitty bloom.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom