Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

YES!!!

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
I'm not sure if anyone has gotten into the Lone Wolf game books, but this looks incredible:

http://www.ksatria.com/Products_01.html

Here's hoping it will have lots of RPG elements!

Watch some of the videos and tell me that doesn't look flaming sweet! I love the art direction, and from the interviews, it looks like it will be an awesome game! I wish I knew when it was going to come out!

DefJam101

Arcane
I wish that DF faggot would make his game difficult again. These new releases are pathetically easy, even on top of a volcano with ultra-evil surroundings.

Ogg

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Gameplay looks like a mix of the witcher and dark messiak. It can be fun indeed if the level design and the story are worth it. I'm not found of the art design though. Seems too generic. Lone Wolf series was famous for the wonderful original drawings that illustrated the adventure. I don't find this much creativity here.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Gragt said:
If any of you heatens did not get into the Lone Wolf books yet, here is your chance to redeem yourself (legally and for free!).

w00t! Yeah, those books are excellent, readreadread!!!

I didn't find the art design to be too bad. At least it's inspiring, which is more than I can say for the 50 million WWII games on the market nowadays. Some of the pieces were really neat, like the guy with a mouth on his torso...wicked!

I'm crossing my fingers that it's more than just a common action game. Some of the interviews I've read about it sound interesting. For instance, if a goblin jumps across a chasm, you can use your "Freeze Time" spell to freeze him in midair and use his body as a bridge to jump across the chasm. Sweet puzzle solving elements! I love games that require brainpower more than brawn!

Stella Brando

Arcane
As a kid I used to read these things:

FF25_Dragon_Both.jpg

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I did not remember that one as a good one, too many unfair ways to die if you pick the wrong turn. I might be wrong though, been more than a decade since I read it!

Andhaira

Arcane
Uhmm, did you find out about this just now? Its been in production for around 2-3 years now.

The firs tgame will cover HALF of book one, which kind of sucks. We (another place I frequesnt on the neet) have been lobbying them to put th ewhole book in but lets see.

We also hope baedon will be bale to join, at least temporarily, though we shall see about that as well.

Also, Dever has, n conjuncton with Mongoose Puclications re-released his gamebooks AND he modified the first gamebook to include elements form the video game (now you gith your way through the first wave of the drakkarim instead of being knocked out)

SmokedWolf

Scholar
damn was hoping this was a thread about an rpg based on 70s legends of prog rock.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Slenkar said:
brings back a lot of memories, that Fighting Fantasy book

Indeed it does... I gave all my FF books to a relative of mine... Who is now a poster on the Codex :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom