Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Xenoblade Chronicles X (former X from Monolith Soft)

Machocruz

Arcane
Eye catching environments. Shame you just can't stay in your mech the whole time. Don't care about no damn J-brats.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera

New trailer from today's direct. Japan will get it April 29 so I suppose localization should be ready during this year.

That jump at 1:40...damn...

They are so good at making huge areas. How do they do it so well!? It's to the point where everytime I'm hiking in the wildnerness I hear Gaur Plains in my head. Fuck yeah.

I mean, yeah, I know there are tricks, but it still pulls off very well.

Avellion

Erudite
Speaking of J-Brats

latest

13 years old and a party member. I know at least one character who is getting benched.

Thankfully there is muliplayer co-op. Hopefully I find some gentlemen to play with, to have a party with an oldfag theme, if possible.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Speaking of J-Brats

latest

13 years old and a party member. I know at least one character who is getting benched.

Thankfully there is muliplayer co-op. Hopefully I find some gentlemen to play with, to have a party with an oldfag theme, if possible.

You'll put the loli in the party over the inevitable cute animal party member. Just wait...

30-SLUS_006.64_08072007_050121_0046.jpg

Martius

Liturgist
I hope there will be more party members since party size is bigger than in Xenoblade Chronicles. I dont think any male party member was shown so far?

Avellion

Erudite
I hope there will be more party members since party size is bigger than in Xenoblade Chronicles. I dont think any male party member was shown so far?
One has been shown thus far.

He has a tatoo and big muscles.

Edit: Found him

Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-9.jpg

Martius

Liturgist
He is confirmed as party members? I am not sure but maybe he is just supporting character or maybe temporary party member like Dickson. Anyway trailer from last e3 showed few dolls pilots, maybe some of them are party members. One of them reminded me of Dunban.

Last edited:

Avellion

Erudite
He is confirmed as party members? I am not sure but maybe he is just supporting character or maybe temporary party members like Dickson. Anyway trailer from last e3 showed few dolls pilots, maybe some of them are party members. One of them reminded me of Dunban.
I think he was, or at least people on /v/ were talking about him as if he were.

Martius

Liturgist
I guess we will just to wait for Japanese release for more information. Maybe bit earlier since Monolith made twitter account and site for X. So far they just talked about some staff members.

My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Xenoblade is ok, but it doesn't look like they've improved the combat at all which is the main problem with the game. Forcing 2/3 of your party to use incompetent AI was such a pain for a game that seemed balanced like an mmo with the class "roles"

I had fun playing Melia the entire game, with Dunban taking aggro and Sharla... well, healing. Barely touched Shulk.

Avellion

Erudite
4 player online co-op. 32 player hubs where players can chat. USB Keyboard support. A city that isnt overly sleek to convey "Hey look we can sci-fi too". A world that may not be as big (read: bloated) as I once feared.

The highlight of the direct,

http://i.imgur.com/0l64FF7.webm

Edit: Dammit, seems like the whole bit about the brown chick dying from one of the blasts was missed in the gif, oh well. All in all, it looks Better than the Original, Xenoblade, which was rather boring.

Avellion

Erudite
I think you mean that one? http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2015/037/a/5/14_500_by_mcmemie-d8gvqtd.gif
I hope there will be more streams like that later before release. More info on combat systems, dolls and character progression would be nice.
Nah, the one with the giant worm is my favorite. That one was just really off when the giant monster chased him.

Just look at the levitating left hand.

It was the second ugliest thing I have seen today, the ugliest being Wizardry Gold's portraits.

deuxhero

Arcane
JP preload is 22.7 GB installed. Dual audio will probably up the English version quite a bit if its included (JP of the first Xenoblade is 4.3GB, English is 5.98 GB, so it will probably still fit on a single layer disc though).

One has been shown thus far.

He has a tatoo and big muscles.

Edit: Found him

Xenoblade-Chronicles-X-9.jpg

He's on the official website as "Van Damme". Apparently he was the head engineer on the colony ship and is now the boss of the paramilitary group the player works for. He likes sarcasm.
Nothing really indicates if he will or will not be a party member latter on.
http://xenobladex.jp/character/chara04.html

This wiki entry looks like a translation of that page http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Van_Damme

edit: This guy is probably a party member
http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Guin

Last edited:

Martius

Liturgist

At 45.20 there is shown affinity chart. If it works like in original Xenoblade then Van Damme probably wont be party member since he is outside of inner circle where are few of already confirmed party members.
I pleasantly surprised that preload is already working in Japan. I hope it will be same for english release. Now if just prices on eshop prices would be at least a bit of reasonable.

deuxhero

Arcane
Martius Didn't catch that. Nice to know.

Also shows that that Nopon isn't a party member, but one of the aliens is.

edit:

Someone (not a native English speaker but mostly intelligible) subtitled the whole thing (it uses Youtube's CC system so make sure to enable it)

Last edited:

Avellion

Erudite
That footage got a lot more interesting now that I understand what they were talking about. I still cannot help but find myself slightly worried about the size of the world though.

Now that I think of it, that Nopon does look delicious.

Avellion

Erudite
xEavzXU.png

So they will be using that kind of class system. Is it just me or do the 4th tier class names sound a bit tryhard?

While killing my foes with a gatling gun that a Heavy Striker use while playing as a fat tub of lard sounds appealing. Galaxy Knight seems support oriented. So that does sound a bit more appealing.

deuxhero

Arcane
Keep in mind these are direct translations (maybe even transliterations, I'll have to check the the video where they were shown. The Japanese like to name things in English and the stuff they come up with is pretty weird.). There's a fairly high chance these are NOT the English names (ESPECIALLY "Forcer").

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom