Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Xenoblade Chronicles X (former X from Monolith Soft)

GrainWetski

Arcane
Reminds me of some Studio Ghibli movie I had to see dubbed in English with subs that were from the original. The English dub was fucking childish beyond belief.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They supposedly fucked up on Tales of Hearts R. I don't speak or read any Japanese, but from what I have seen, they were very liberal with their translation. On one hand, it sucks, on the other hand, I want to play these games in English.

deuxhero

Arcane
There's "liberal" and "makes random changes for the sake of it". 8-4 is firmly in the second.

Tales of Hearts R is so badly done the guy who was fan-translating the DS version of Tales of Heart managed to write paragraphs on what was wrong just from some ~3 minute promo videos then wrote another when it was actually released six months latter and they fixed exactly ONE of the problems he mentioned (after battle stuff is now subtitled). The crowning jewel is easily them changing an easily noticed piece of the battle interface already in English (actually valid English that has been there untouched in every translated game in the series to my knowledge) to be incorrect.

Again: How the fuck do they keep getting work?

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have no idea. Maybe there aren't enough "professional" translation studios out there.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I have no idea. Maybe there aren't enough "professional" translation studios out there.

This is actually true. Most of them are garbage. It's not unusual to have awful translators who think they can do a better job than the original author and will start rewriting everything.

Ventidius

Arbiter
I've been playing this lately, and it's been pretty good so far. Are the Harriers a good division choice? I intend to play mostly offline, so I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference either way.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Curators get points from every action but you can change division at any time if online.

Perkel

Arcane
I've been playing this lately, and it's been pretty good so far. Are the Harriers a good division choice? I intend to play mostly offline, so I'm not sure if it makes much of a difference either way.

It is meaningless choice.

cruel

Cipher
Can somebody give me a quick summary for this game, in terms of strengths vs weaknesses? Is it a story-fag game, combat-fag game, or neither? Good story, memorable characters / quests, or more like MMO-tier crap? A lot of grinding? Debating emulating this on Steam Deck, but won't to make sure it's worth it before I spend 1h+ setting this up properly.

If it helps with anything - I liked Xenoblade Definitive edition a lot (characters, sense of journey, amazing music, a lot of love put into the game), didn't like Xenoblade 2 at all, and considered Xenoblade 3 decent/good (still in progress, 54h in).

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Can somebody give me a quick summary for this game, in terms of strengths vs weaknesses? Is it a story-fag game, combat-fag game, or neither? Good story, memorable characters / quests, or more like MMO-tier crap? A lot of grinding? Debating emulating this on Steam Deck, but won't to make sure it's worth it before I spend 1h+ setting this up properly.

If it helps with anything - I liked Xenoblade Definitive edition a lot (characters, sense of journey, amazing music, a lot of love put into the game), didn't like Xenoblade 2 at all, and considered Xenoblade 3 decent/good (still in progress, 54h in).
More MMO. But beautiful world, great art. It's a massive game but story was meh. But I like XB1 and X the most. I had more fun with X than I did with XBC2 and 3. And it has MECHS!!!!

But unlike XBC 1(Definitive Edition), 2 and 3. It does not hold your hand and a lot of things you have to figure out yourself.

Puukko

Arcane
It's an oddball combatfag + exploration game. Story is an afterhought. Excellent open world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom