Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress X-Piratez! Ironman! No spoilers! Oldschool X-COM Total Conversion with mutant amazon pirates. Death to the star gods!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Peasants might be good for Vodoo, as demonstrated by the nun outfit. Damisels are slightly better at that but suck at combat.
A thing I noticed but am not sure about: Damsels seem to have effectively infinite freshness. My best damsel has 78/73 voodoo (I think she's top 5% of vodoo power starting roll), and 153 freshness. She can sling so many spells, and at such high power it puts all my ubers to shame. It's hilariously deadly even with my fairly limited repertoire of voodoo. Low TUs is a slight issue though.

Is there any way to naturally level voodoo power outside of titles, or is the only way to get it the old "hire 30 people and fire all but the top 10%" thing?
You don't need everyone to be a caster (I think? Maybe super lategame stuff is all voodoo based, but plasma/gauss is also a thing). So it seems more like "make the top 10% casters, put everyone else on base defence or on gun duty".
Voodoo scaling with power*skill means every point matters quite a lot though.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Bit of a short update. Currently doing a lot of milk runs not worth mention, so the ratio of playtime to posting is going up. Which is good imo, because I want to play more!

Interesting one this- it seems to imply we can indeed get more human outfits for the bugeyes. Nothing yet, but fingers crossed we can get bug-eye nuns or something.
WrjbCy9.png

An exterminator rescue mission pops up and we take it ASAP. These are great once you know what you're in for.
adJNTnx.png

We got the deep one variant again, which is good as far as I'm concerned. There's a zombie variant too which is much more dangerous, both for us and the extermintor. My biggest concern here is that I don't spot a berserker with javelins and they snipe a catgirl.
ugHPASI.png

Also, being totally overrun by lobsters would be pretty bad.
b4ghROA.png

Exterminator is fine, there was only one lobster nearby and we took him out with a poison grenade.
duaNp4h.png

We brought lots of poison grenades of our own (as well as a couple nuns in case of zombies) and they handled the lobsters just fine.
60ompSj.png

The crazy stat gains on toxo seem to prove the # of hits = xp thing. She threw about 30 ninja stars for like no damage at lobsters, and then stabbed one to death too with probably 15 strikes or so. Maft had a pike and killed some berserkers but got far less xp, and gumsmith and robroy's grenades didn't earn them much either. Good to know. I'll probably hand out some more ninja stars for training throwing in the future, even if they'll do neglibile damage.
Hh1IqYC.png

Sounds like this is closer to our tech level than I'd feared. Might get something cool.
RoUIPRu.png

Huh. Not what I expected, but cool nonetheless. We don't need it right now though; we're swimming in awesome melee weapons and the blade is just the chintsy dagger version.
uxTQyHs.png

Had my fingers crossed this would give us cool shit too but no dice.
KJiCAyH.png

Man, this one took forever. Had half our brainers on it for weeks.
e33Xx8o.png

Well... that was certainly worth it.
CpZ1TCz.png

God damn. Well, if we have to start over, we're beelining this for sure. Because I got it so late, I have no idea which of these techs were even unlocked by what other shit we studied already. Yeah I could check but where's the fun in that? The takeaway here is that back to school is a massive, massive bottleneck and we just broke through. It suggested circuits, and medicine to get to the next tier, but frankly that'd be a waste at the moment. We've got a ton of useful stuff sitting here to leap us forward in power. My first priority is to get some proper base defense cannons online. Medicine will be a good one too no doubt, but first is anything related to ships and hyperwave decoding and analytics sound like they might lead to knowing what the fuck our enemies are doing in the sky.
q6yjoEf.png

Well, there is a problem though. This is the list sorted by cost, and all this new shit is way down at the bottom. We need way more brainers to get through this at a reasonable pace. I was hoping we'd be able to build schools now, but we're clearly missing some shit, and that graduation project might be needed to build schools. Well, power tools is an obvious step. This is also where those encrypted data disks can shortcut a fuckton of research iirc. Also, in retrospect, I should have built some stuff like medbays and mess halls just for the +1 brainer cpaacity at our outposts. A couple brainers is pissing in the wind, but better than nothing.
ZGqBHiQ.png

lightbane

Arcane
Magic is not auto-win but it has many uses such as summoning fodder units in combat
Well that would have been an awesome surprise for me. Can you just blur shit like that from now on please?
Alright, fixed my post. Although you don't have to worry: The best magic tech requires to use a different codex than the one you used, and at this rate I'm not sure if you'll live long enough to unlock Voodoo anyway.

at back to school is a massive, massive bottleneck and we just broke through.
It is. The next step takes forever, but it's worth it. It's one of the mandatory to progress tech flags.

Damned Registrations

It is. The next step takes forever, but it's worth it. It's one of the mandatory to progress tech flags.
Yeah, like I mentioned earlier, the game is pretty good about signposting these things. This is the latest I've ever unlocked back to school, ironically, despite knowing it's incredibly important. Stupid mutant alliance requirement. Hopefully we won't hit another weird snag, but we probably will somehow. Maybe schools require researching large prisons or something.

at this rate I'm not sure if you'll live long enough to unlock Voodoo anyway.
:lol: thanks for the vote of confidence. Though you might be right; I can't exactly afford to sink our research into right now and we're in rough shape. If we do fail miserably though, we're starting over for sure, and I'll probably catch up to here tech-wise in a week or two between not having to post screenshots of most of it and having far better meta knowledge. And a better start in terms of country, codex and path. Still haven't done red or gold codices (what a bizarre pluralization for a word) and doing a start with gray codex in the dark dominion is tempting too, as I am partial to magic. Romanica or Thebes starts would be exciting too.

But hey, if I could pull a victory out of my ass in that mansion after burning down the stairs, surely I'm not going down because we were a bit late getting to school.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Well, there is a problem though. This is the list sorted by cost, and all this new shit is way down at the bottom. We need way more brainers to get through this at a reasonable pace. I was hoping we'd be able to build schools now, but we're clearly missing some shit, and that graduation project might be needed to build schools.
Look over the list of things you unlocked. One of them sure sounds like some kind of school, doesn't it? (I hope you don't consider this too much backseating/spoilering).

I very recently finished the next step in my playthrough. Haven't unlocked anything cool so far, but I'm hopeful. Civilization and slave emancipation seems like it will be nice. I seem to be missing some of the pre-requisites for proper shields and better armor.

Which reminds me, lp should really have unlocked full plate armor from this latest research. I guess there's a missing prerequisite? I feel like full plate armor was the last truly gamechanging tech I got from research (if I ignore my beloved gnomedisc), so it would be very unfortunate if lp doesn't get it.

But hey, if I could pull a victory out of my ass in that mansion after burning down the stairs, surely I'm not going down because we were a bit late getting to school.
Yeah, I think you can recover and win :M

oasis789

Arcane
The crazy stat gains on toxo seem to prove the # of hits = xp thing.
xp system:
int BattleUnit::improveStat(int exp) const
{
if (exp > 10) return RNG::generate(2, 6);
else if (exp > 5) return RNG::generate(1, 4);
else if (exp > 2) return RNG::generate(1, 3);
else if (exp > 0) return RNG::generate(0, 1);
else return 0;
}

so you need 11 shots/throws/reacts/etc to have the max stat gain roll for that stat
this means that for training, weaker weapons that require more hits to kill are better than high power weapons that one shot

Oh man, we were missing a sickbay in our main base all this time? Ouch... literally and for your research.

Voodoo scaling with power*skill means every point matters quite a lot though.
True, but they also scale down with distance and need LoS. And a bugeye is so weak and unarmored that keeping them anywhere near the enemy is not good for their long term stat growth. At least Ubers can tank most things weaker than a rocket, while Catgirls can either zip around at mach 3 with grav boots or wear invisibility armor.

Which reminds me, lp should really have unlocked full plate armor from this latest research. I guess there's a missing prerequisite? I feel like full plate armor was the last truly gamechanging tech I got from research (if I ignore my beloved gnomedisc), so it would be very unfortunate if lp doesn't get it.
The requirements are really fucking asinine and random. I'm afraid Damned Registrations will never get it until he literally is running out of things to research. And after losing a base he probably isn't in a position where he has the massive self-sustaining income to plop down a a set of libraries/mess halls/analytics room in multiple bases to chew through techs.

Could be Tech Blade holding him back. Or Longbow. Or Pyroman Men's Armor. Or Riot Shield. Or Steam hammer. Some of these things he may have sold and not find again for months

std::namespace

True, but they also scale down with distance and need LoS.
bugeye panic needs los? shame!
whats the default distance? snap 15?
whats the damage roll on bugeye panic? vpower?
what damage do you have to do to get mind control?

lightbane

Arcane
Most psi-powers require LoS and have limited range, it's blatantly nerfing psy-fuckery a bit too much IMO.

Damned Registrations

can you share your save?
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/l0lc...exia.sav?rlkey=gjwqgoalgk43f8lmqkv3wjsaz&dl=0

Have fun. Don't make me regret this by telling me what to do or 'reminding' me of things I've forgotten are in my inventory or have access to. Not even that thing. I know that thing is there.

Oh man, we were missing a sickbay in our main base all this time? Ouch... literally and for your research.

Stuff.
It kind of defeats the purpose of people spoiler tagging when you strip the spoilers out in quotes. Luckily I already saw full plate before in a previous playthrough. I'm vaguely certain it's related to plastasteel somehow. Plastasteel fabrication or somehting? Don't answer that.

And our main base does have a sickbay.

Look over the list of things you unlocked. One of them sure sounds like some kind of school, doesn't it? (I hope you don't consider this too much backseating/spoilering).
I still have no idea what it could be, so we're fine. Analytics room? I'm guessing that's related to hyperwave decoding so I want that anyways, so we'll see. The only ones really seeming related to school are training ones, but I'm fairly certain those are, well, more training options.

Update time!

So, given that the bike patrol found exactly fuck all, I'm selling it. In fact, I'm going to sell that whole hangar off. I want this base to have better defenses, a messhall and a sickbay for the +2 brainers. I should probably sell off at least one of the farms too, but we still need the weed for now.
rRkdrS1.png

I'm getting a bit better at picking out good targets to chase down. Very low altitude is generally a good sign. Might be a mining ship?
wWFR5hQ.png

Hrmm, that looks like a mining ship but the red and blue lights mean it's govt owned. Not worth the trouble right now.
fzKXe1J.png

I think this is like a shitty little reticulan scout? It's very small, I think a one man craft. Not worth the bother either since it'll just be a peon. But I wouldn't mind shooting it down for the pilot xp.
vCLXp6r.png

Fucker escaped though!
USOeK38.png

Hmm. Shall we see what we're up against? Honestly we can probably handle this. Some military police with military shotguns or even a few sniper rifles aren't that big a deal.
uxBh0LQ.png

Infamy penalty is -1000 for ignoring it, so we may as well take a look.
h4EoP7I.png

It's far away though, and I'm not showing up in daylight.
k0xiURP.png

Luckily it was still there by the time night fell and we arrived. Layout looks nice! Dark, scattered lightsources enemies can blunder into but we can easily destroy, soft buildings we can demolish...
zcgaYg0.png

Oh. Well shit.
S9tzfZw.png

At least this one isn't a commando, but that's a fucking rocket launcher so this isn't much better.
cfgQHRi.png

Oh. Why hello there. Yes I would like to capture you.
pxT9YdC.png

The engineer is pretty close by, in a spot sheltered and dark enough we can probably snag him fairly safely. And he's using a heavy laser gun.
bluvpaF.png

Which barely tickles our chainmail.
gPQTgEE.png

Though apparently he can fire it 3 times.
eLqRTCR.png

Certainly more than tickles a werewolf.
C3sKqll.png

I even fuck up and misclick, leaving the werewolf outside with 0 TUs.
TkVU5hW.png

Stun baton fixes that problem though.

hXviFMw.png

I opt to try planting some wolves in this shack to howl spam the engineer next turn.
vI0bSuV.png

This guy was waiting inside. Don't think I've seen one of these before. At any rate, the fact that we have a bunch of cannon fodder here is another reason to attempt a kidnapping here; they'll use up a bunch of the enemy TUs and generally keep them distracted and away from our ship.
5Sgbvm6.png

Whoooole lot of gunfire.
9hbzdmK.png

Various scary looking laser and gauss weapons, as expected.
JLEAm2I.png

Several rockets too, including one seemingly aimed at us.
uLMxs54.png

Alright, lets do this. Howls away!
z0FoZqZ.png

Oh fuck me, that killed him instantly. Apparently it didn't want to kill the squatter for some reason.
LzVQUbK.png

Shit. Note to self. Orange beams = hovertanks.
1yVTdJo.png

There's even two more over here. We stand no chance. Who the fuck paid these guys to be here with this much firepower and why can't I hire them instead? I was expecting humans in riot gear, not a force that could wipe out my base 3 times over.
rdlFi4X.png

Well, at least we only lost 1 werewolf. That could have been a total squad wipe, or close enough. Hovertanks are fucking monsters.
aagBIWJ.png

While fitting a squad our I noticed we unlocked a new outfit for our bugeyes. Snappy. Gives some stat bonuses too. This'll be Lightbringer's new outfit for the foreseeable future.
oamVBiM.png

This are kind of interesting. Besides being pretty useful for long missions by restoring freshness, we can also research them repeatedly.
J3jlwTe.png

Just more tips, but we need these out of the way. Also, this one had a rad image.
U6bvINZ.png

Noticed a new production item. Or rather, three.
xrjaxTw.png

Hmm, pretty sure we already researched a demon skill, but hell, why not? If we can get a proper demon corpse (pinkies, I think) we can get a large skull too, apparently.
7eSPucf.png

:hahyou:
cQJWiGp.png

Behold our latest terrifying underwater foes!
ivEVmK4.png

Believe it or not, we managed to subdue them and claim the treasures of the deep. The tale was too violent and graphic for the public to witness.
NeXNshC.png

Another easy run. Apparently magnums do the trick for destroying streetlights quite well. Good to know.
rXUBWZx.png

Aside from giving Optimst and Jaedar a chance to knife some people, Lightbringer managed to actually succeed at a psi attack for the first time ever, scaring a tough guy through a couple walls in an adjacent building. We even got a point of voodoo skill out of it.
oa2EaD7.png

Power tools researched. Weirdly, instead of a generic tech, this apparently gave us the details for this cool chainsaw upgrade. Not really a match for the stuff like the bardiche, but pretty neat as a concept.
EVTDJlj.png

It also unlocked these, both of which I'd like to have access to. But we gotta stay focused- improving our bases and ships come first.
E6QA4eE.png

Got a little excited seeing this, was hoping for another chance at raider scouts to recruit. Pretty sad that this is our man way of recruiting gals right now.
pG0y89C.png

Instead it was full of highwaymen. We could interrogate them for ship stats, but we don't have the brainers to spare right now. They did drop a grrrl guide though. I think the lack of easy early brothel missions where I got a metric fuckton of these guides is part of why we're so far behind on trying to research those tips. Wish I could just buy these or something. Closest we can get is making pillow books (700 hours) or mutant alliance files (100 hours and 20 tokens.)
XfeRbtJ.png

We get an easy small academy craft landing team, and I remember I can peek this guy's stats now. Not quite the NV 20 spotter/sniper I was wrned of, but still fairly nasty.
XIttEfV.png

The painbringer won't do here, so Modron, finally recovered, busts out a crowbar to teach a lesson. Or learn one apparently, because he got deflected.
0kKBHt0.png

This is why Gumsmith has a pike instead. At least until his stats get high enough to justify hauling that bardiche everywhere.
HHNQYzn.png

Echidna III makes her debut as well by stabbing another Osiron to death with a single jab. Poison daggers are really quite good on gravboots catgirls, since both their accuracy and damage scale off reactions. It's a shame quite a few enemies are immune to poison, like necropirates and zombies and anything with golden shields.
eEwvTkr.png

Fuck, that was a bit close.
H7CqU7k.png

It turned out to be a megapol ship. Cruiser? Chaser? Dropship? Fuck if I can recall, they all look similar. Seems like the 2nd or 3rd tier though at least, not the smallest one.
p0xLO2o.png

Unlike the pirahna, the scarab trounces the thing when it shows up elsewhere. This is a good reminder that specifics of the ships matter a lot. The evasion of the pirahna was shit against their highly accurate gauss cannons, but those same cannons are crap vs the 6 armour of the scarab. Debating whether or not to fight the crew. I'd like their gauss gear, but we don't have time to reverse engineer that shit right now, or interrogate the police. They also landed in the arctic, which means the catgirls I'd like to abuse their shitty reactions with will freeze their bits off. Probably gonna pass on this one.
Zbn9thk.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
My opinion on megapol ships:
Always arrive at the scene and check their weapons. Half the time it's some ungodly combination of plasma/minilaunchers and then you retreat. The other half it's guns that are barely better than things you had in the second month, and it's a great opportunity for slave acquisition.

I didn't even know mercs could do terror attacks. Scary.

std::namespace

Most psi-powers require LoS and have limited range, it's blatantly nerfing psy-fuckery a bit too much IMO.
bugeye panic doesnt need los and has unlim range
sadly they need freshness to cast, so the nr of cast per fight is hardlimited...
and its not enough to be kewl

So playing XComfiles I've found that sniper/spotter actually doesn't work against grenades. I'm guessing Xpiratez is actually the same and I just screwed up testing earlier. From what I can tell:

Normal weapons: spotted (obviously)
Thrown weapons (e.g. bows): spotted
Normal HE weapons (e.g. rocket launcher or light cannon/HE): spotted if you directly hit something, not if you hit the tile and splash them
Thrown HE weapons (e.g. grenade launcher): Possibly never spotted even on direct impacts. Its kind of hard to test though since its very easy to just hit the floor and grenade launchers are super inaccurate with no-LoS penalties, so I'd need to actually run a bunch of maps rather than just a handful of test turns to see if this is true. EDIT: Is spotted on direct impact with an enemy.
Thrown explosives: never spotted

It kind of defeats the purpose of people spoiler tagging when you strip the spoilers out in quotes. Luckily I already saw full plate before in a previous playthrough. I'm vaguely certain it's related to plastasteel somehow. Plastasteel fabrication or somehting? Don't answer that.
My bad, I didn't do it intentionally. I'm not sure how it happened actually, when I quote now all of the spoilers are still there, but I'm sure I didn't manually remove them.

It also unlocked these, both of which I'd like to have access to. But we gotta stay focused- improving our bases and ships come first.
E6QA4eE.png
Love me kustom shooty gun.

Besides being pretty useful for long missions by restoring freshness,
woah, there is a way to restore freshness?! pillow books most valuable item, bugeyes toptier race

Also makes HP theoretically infinite since you can keep eating to heal. The problem is those books take a LONG time to manufacture.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Thanks for sharing your save file now I will proceed to make all catgirls walk the plank and replace them with Loknaars!
I actually had a run with a bunch of Loknaars that were clearing out caves and such pretty frequently. The slayer armour is accessible quite early and honestly trivialized most of what they ran into, in combination with the mini smg. Was still tedious tracking down a fucking lone spider or whatever in the far corner of the map though.

where are the ninjas tho
We were the ninjas, but they all died. I'm training more though! (Honestly I think the ninjas haven't arrived because we haven't fought them over a village yet. We only ran into them randomly on a hunting mission or something once, which I don't think triggers the feud. It'll happen soon enough, those village missions aren't that hard now so I'll take them as long as we aren't exhausted or something.)

Update ahoy!

This is one of those techs that feels so boring to see on the list, because obviously it's just an intermediate thing that won't give me a gun or whatever to buy. But sometimes...
yaiC72w.png

These intermediate techs unlock so much new shit it's worth it. I want all of this shit, very badly. We're going to grab the STC Fusion Drive first though. It'll either unlock new ships or an accessory to make our existing ships better. Laser weapons might lead to us getting some kind of heavy weapon for our ships, the electro munitions would be AMAZING for capturing targets, finally letting us do it at long range (and they annihilate zombies) electric net might be awesome for high difficulty captures, and power station is no doubt a pre-req for some very cool buildings. :bounce:
XFBosCD.png

This one I mostly grabbed because it was cheap and our boys are still lagging way behind in armour options.
ckuLb6R.png

Disappointing though. Low armour values, although it's got some nice balanced resists and stat buffs, we need the armour more.
KqyRXqc.png

Seems this was just a lore dump, probably added with the update.
kPREXUC.png

Got this from some documentation, which occassionaly drops from captured ships. This kinds of ships are kind of the bread and butter of what we're after for profit. The problem is, our scarab only hits 1800 speed, 1900 with the overcharger. The pirahna can catch these... but also can't take them in a 1v1 fight.
gimdKQX.png

Found a landed craft full of govt. goons. I wouldn't bother shooting one down, but since we're already here...
ty8HnLn.png

This guys are just punks, we can easily stall and knock them out, especially with 3 wolf boys aboard.
FdMuTiW.png

Masochist Slut has the worst fucking luck I swear. I tucked her way back here behind 2 people and the ship, and she still got nailed by stray fire from the other side of the map that wasn't even aimed at her. I'm trying to train her I promise!
wnYchNe.png

Eventually some of these guys pop out too. There was also an elite. I'd like to capture these guys too, but to do that we kind of need an elite gal with a weapon that can overwhelm their armour, like a ninja stick or a shield bash. Best we can do now is shank them with a dagger or howl, and I can't exactly leave 3 werewolves in the open here and hope they don't die to lasguns.
WltHZT6.png

I can totally leave an ogre out in the open though, those lasers ain't doing shit to that 60 frontal armour and 150 hp.
trXaaZX.png

I end up putting our magic healing rock to good use this mission as well, as Tits Randier got hit for a decent chunk of damage, but we recovered 14 health with the stone, cutting recovery time by about a week, or at least a few days compared to just patching with healing gel.
l1cg5pX.png

Sizable infarmy hits, even though we captured 2/3rds of the enemies.
MTZdxxc.png

Totally worth it though. We got signifcant xp gains here, including some nice bravery. The loot was good too, these guys ransom for a ton.
p3fnwaN.png

There are still some tips yet to uncover, but we've exhausted most simple sources of them, like nurses and even the alliance files. I've started aggressively using data disks for research. We've got about 20-30 stocked up.

This one was just another alien dossier. I think these guys are pretty cute actually, kind of hope we can recruit one somehow.
AdoEho6.png

Turns out the fusion drive was indeed an accessory rather than unlocking new ship types. However, hot damn, what a good accessory! 650 speed with no drawback; this is going to open up a lot more options for our scarab to hunt down safely.
14Tpl5g.png

It's construction requires a fusion reactor and 2 heavy power couplings. Fortunately, fusion reactors disassemble into those, and we've got 6 on hand. I now regret having sold a couple.
6bJ9XJa.png

At any rate, I start construction on a pair of these ASAP. We can mount one each on our turtle and scarab, and in the future might be able to stack both on a single craft for insane speeds.
BXwF2Qo.png

I grabbed this one because I thoughtit might unlock AA guns we can install in the base. Apparently not however.
ivp7Yfe.png

But! It did unlock a new ammo type for a lot of my favoured guns, like the machine guns and the sniper rifle.
UBsfbtR.png

It's especially nice on the minigun, going from 30 to 37 damage will make a huge difference given how armour works in this game. Bit of a pain to manufacture a new pack for each mission though. Might end up using the gyro autogun some more as well, with it's damage pumped up enough to be a threat to even stuff like enforcers and osirons.
ERme1db.png

I've been making a special effort to train up our ogres too. Now that I know how the xp system works a bit better, I've given Gumsmith a tech knife, so he can actually get his melee above like, 60. I want him running around with that bardiche, but I also want him to actually hit when he swings it, and overkilling things by a factor of 3 was a terrible way to get him melee xp. As a bonus, the knife will get his reactions up too, so he won't immediately draw fire from 7 enemies and get our catgirls killed whenever he walks out of the ship.
gEAIFAw.png

He's definitely coming along nicely. I've been training throwing a bit as well. I don't plan on having him use a bow or ninja stars any time soon, but with his strength javelins are pretty much anti tank weapons, and they can be used underwater! Throwing also ties into spear accuracy, and again, the pike scales well with strength and can be used reactively to cover doorways with extreme prejudice. Oh, and being able to accurately throw an explosives satchel halfway across the map would be fucking awesome as well. Really, there's no bad stat to raise for an ogre.
DVFASI9.png

Training in general is coming along. Average Manatee (Who has achieved the rank of Princess!) is our only true elite, with 100+ stats across the board (and reactions too, which isn't displayed here) but we've got a good core of 9 or so people with 100+ HP and at least 80 TU. The original zone stalkers have also accrued some crazy levels in accuracy, making them terrifying with sniper rifles or really any guns in general. I'd use them way more if we only had some decent armour for them and didn't need to let others train too. And they've still got a ways to go for throwing and melee, which I mostly want just for grenade throwing and evasion respectively.
Xq2l227.png

The missions have been coming thick and fast this month, mostly craft landings and shootdowns. That luxury spa tech is almost starting to look practical. It's been great for our income, we're approaching 10 million at the end of the month, and I'll probably start up a couple more bases in december, once I know what our end of month balance is. I'm expecting it to be good though, like last month was, after all these shoot downs. I think I'm going to start using catgirls for base defenders as well, instead of peasant hordes. Having half the peasants die because they couldn't flee to safety in time or safely kill a single enemy keeps crushing morale, and even with terrible weapons and no armour, a catgirl in a doorway can be a nightmare to kill just by virtue of high evasion. Plus, I can have them all slowly train up with an onsen or somehting in each base, and if we need to replace our main ones, we'll have them at least ready to go into combat instead of being absolutely green. And lastly, if we ever get around to voodoo, catgirls are good candidates (high power but lowish skill, but also high TUs and energy) so having a large pool to pick out the best witches would be nice.
apSRSfP.png

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
My bad, I didn't do it intentionally. I'm not sure how it happened actually, when I quote now all of the spoilers are still there, but I'm sure I didn't manually remove them.
I think the way it works is that the quote takes it in the state you currently see it. So if you reveal and then quote it ends up as plaintext in the quote.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom