Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Would you like some insane with your Crusader Kings II?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Tags: Crusader Kings 2; Paradox; Sunset Invasion

Well, if you do you're in for a treat. No timetraveling space nazis or demonic hordes but Aztecs will invade your holdings in 13th century Europe in the upcoming Sunset Invasion DLC. Not wanting to wait to be butchered by the conquistadores the Aztecs take the lead and introduce human sacrifice, deadly plagues and presumably a few fat doomstacks.
Pull Up the Drawbridge, Barricade the Gates, the Aztecs are Coming!
Just when Europe thought it was safe from troublesome Eastern foes, a new blood-curdling threat looms off the Western coast in Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion. In the latest DLC for the critically-acclaimed strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II, Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studios pose the question – what would have happened if the Aztecs invaded 13th Century Europe?

For the first time ever, Paradox Development Studio is introducing a fantasy scenario in their strategy games. Introducing a wealth of new features to appease the angriest of sun gods, the upcoming Crusader Kings II DLC brings the savage, blood drenched Aztec civilization to European shores, determined to wreak carnage on its inhabitants. Cower in fear at the invaders strange gods and rituals including the potential peril of having your vital organs offered up to these vengeful deities in sacrifice. Anything to keep them happy!

It will be survival of the fittest to survive the onslaught of the menacing Mesoamerican warriors, bringing with them exotic and deadly diseases, and an appetite for destruction.

Main Features:
- A new invading threat arrives at a random point in the mid to late game, conquering from the West
- Unique new portraits, on-map shields and units for the great Mesoamerican Menace
- Cower in fear at the Aztec gods: New Aztec culture and religion
- Human Sacrifice! When a province is lost, no-one is safe from the threat of losing their hearts on the obsidian altars
-Survive the terrible disease brought by the pagan oppressors: A new plague from across the Ocean

Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion arrives November 15th 2012 on all major digital download portals for 4,99 USD.

I really had something different in mind for a pagan expansion.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
All the people getting indignant about this on the Paradox forums are worth so much more than $5. Thank you Paradox.

Kukulkan

Learned
This shit is extremely derp on so many levels. Why would the Aztecs waste men and resources conquering lands so far? There's no way an empire like the Aztec one could even maintain control of these lands, continue to supply their army, and develop boats capable of traversing the Atlantic in the first place. Not only that but the Mexico were a tributary to another power until the fifteenth century. The human sacrifice doesn't make any sense. The Aztecs never sacrificed the inhabitants of a conquered area against their will. Such actions would only have created rebellion. The only good thing to come out of this to possibly happen is making the Aztecs playable. That way there can be some lulzy lets plays involving an Aztec controlled Western Europe.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
There's actually several fantasy/alt-hist books about aztec empires being the initiators of first contact. I don't think i ever saw a invasion though.

Kukulkan

Learned
There's actually several fantasy/alt-hist books about aztec empires being the initiators of first contact. I don't think i ever saw a invasion though.
I'm aware of these scenarios. I still find it unbelievable that the aztecs could manufacture boats capable of traveling across the entire Atlantic Ocean and coming back in one piece. These scenarios are as likely as ancient Rome discovering the New World.
Now here's the question: Who here will let's play this?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I blame Quetzacoatl....anyway, this is just the prelude to the Dinosaur riding Nazis in the next HOI3 DLC.

If they really wanted 'brown people' taking on the white man, it would make more sense having the African nations unite under Mali or some other major force and move north spreading their evil throughout Christian lands like they doing now. :troll:

hakuroshi

Augur
It's probably a tribute to all mesoamerican world conquests in EU3. But the thread on paradox forums is hilarious :)

Fens

Ford of the Llies
heh... wonder if you can switch it off, once you've installed it

...even if this idea appeals to you at first... i think it will get old very soon

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It would have been better if they had a pagan resurgence mod giving the opportunity to play pagan lords and possibly (with extreme difficulty, reconquer a bit of territory. They could give different religious options to transform the faith into something that could combat the spread of Christianity. Also random pagan specific events. It would be cool and wouldn't destroy verisimilitude as much as a random Aztec invasion

It would have been better if they had a pagan resurgence mod giving the opportunity to play pagan lords and possibly (with extreme difficulty, reconquer a bit of territory. They could give different religious options to transform the faith into something that could combat the spread of Christianity. Also random pagan specific events. It would be cool and wouldn't destroy verisimilitude as much as a random Aztec invasion

GOOD GOD MAN, FIX YOUR PARENTHESIS.

Fuck let me handle it.

))

Eagerly anticipating the CKII Zombie Apocalypse DLC :bounce:

I'm waiting for the one where you get abducted by aliens. You'll even get to meet characters from other historical periods who are frozen in stasis in their ship.

ironyuri

I'm eagerly awaiting a Paradox game that is playable and balanced out of the box.

Hah. What was I thinking?

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom