Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Would an Arcanum redux with the NWN2 engine work?

Data4

Arcane
Not that I have any plans on doing it. I just wish I could get over my graphic whoredom enough to get into Arcanum, because the setting, story, and damned near everything about it but the clunky graphics intrigues me.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Data4 said:
I just wish I could get over my graphic whoredom enough to get into Arcanum
You are a stupid little man and I hope you die of AIDS. Or at least bandAIDS. I'm not picky. It's your death, after all. You have one minute after I post this to go and play Arcanum before I send my lithuanian hitman after you.

As for your question: I wouldn't play it.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Sandor and I like that you're listening to the Arcanum soundtrack by Ben Houge, Data4, so we decided to let you live. But he had to kill a deer to calm himself so, yeah, an innocent deer had to die just because you were being a dick on the internet. Don't let it happen again. When you're done listening to the soundtrack you'll go play Arcanum, right? Right? Alright.

Btw, I'm trying to make RPG Codex the number one on the "lithuanian hitman" searchlist so if you could all be like really cool and like write that out every now and then when you're posting then it'd be awesome. I'm trying to shut down lithuanian hitmen on the internet, see?

It's a start.

Data4

Arcane
Well, I think Lithuanian Hitmen is a pretty cool guy. Eh eats broken glass and doesn't afraid of anything.

So, if I may, what exactly is it about Lithuanian hitmen that you like? Are Lithuanian hitmen threatening you to make them popular on the intarwebs?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Not really. I mean, if you've seen a lithuanian hitman once you've pretty much seen a norwegian hitman too. And a spanish hitman. The only type of hitman you can't see by looking at other types of hitmen are canadian hitmen because they wear distinctive pink leotards.

Once Sandor is the only working hitman in Lithuania, I'll move on to mention norwegian hitmen in all my posts.

Also Sandor does not eat glass and is very offended. I've unleashed him again and told him to go look for anybody who goes by "Data4" on the internet. I'd be terrified if I were you, Data4. I mean, there's like a lithuanian hitman after you.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
So if we return to bringing Arcanum to NWN2-engine. What would the point be? I can't really think of anything that would make the game better, in any aspect. Not even combat. Definitely not graphics-wise.

Lithuanian hitman.

Data4

Arcane
Well, I just picked NWN2 because I'm toying with the idea of replaying it. For that matter, the Dungeon Siege engine could be used. The Ultima Lazarus thingy did well with it.

I dunno, I've always been the gameplay over graphics type, but it's just hard for me to get into older games that I've never played before when the graphics are dated even by the standards of the time it was released. Compare BG.

zodden

Scholar
Data4 said:
Not that I have any plans on doing it. I just wish I could get over my graphic whoredom enough to get into Arcanum, because the setting, story, and damned near everything about it but the clunky graphics intrigues me.

That would be one hell of a big job. Also who owns the IP for Arcanum? Is it abandonware yet?

Maybe Drog can do it, ask him :P

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
"Hey, DROW-G! Would YO-U be INT-ERR-ESTED in MAKE-ING a MOTHER-FICATION?"
"Depends on what it is, homes."
"It IS a FULL RE-MAKE of ARCANUM!"
"Oh?"
"YES, FOR THE NEVER, WINTER, NIGHTS, TWO END-GIN!"
"Oh?"
"YES. WOULD you be INT-ERR-ESTED in do-ING it for US?"
"Well, I don't think..."
"WOOD YOU DO IT FOR ME, THEN?"
"No."

tl;dr I think a project like that wouldn't have a shot at getting off the paper. Not even if lithuanian hitmen were involved. It's just too much work for not enough... need.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Yeah, don't get me wrong. Adding lithuanian hitmen to the project would definitely be a step in the right direction, but it's still a tremendous amount of work. And lithuanian hitmen can't work all day re-creating Arcanum. They have contracts to kill and families to feed.

It's all about the money.

mondblut

Arcane
Andyman Messiah said:
Btw, I'm trying to make RPG Codex the number one on the "lithuanian hitman" searchlist so if you could all be like really cool and like write that out every now and then when you're posting then it'd be awesome. I'm trying to shut down lithuanian hitmen on the internet, see?

For "lithuanian hitmEn" you just did :lol:

GeneralSamov

Prophet
Lithuanian hitman en route

81.gif

Data4

Arcane
Alright, alright... after answering the front door to one Boris with the Amalgamated Lithuanian Hitmen and Boilermakers, Local 237 (guess that's my area), I've decided to dust off my old Arcanum disks and give it another whirl. Let's see if I can make it past the first area for once. That's right, I've never gotten beyond the crash site. :P

Andyman suceeded in his mission with lithuanian hitmen. I think that means bronislavas can leave my house now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom