Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Worst developer

the worst

• Chris Avellone

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Ken L.evine

Votes: 43 27.7%
  • Josh Sawyer

Votes: 26 16.8%
  • Warren Spector

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • David Gaider

Votes: 38 24.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 29 18.7%

• Total voters

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
A totally legitimate thread to assess who the codex thinks is the worst RPG developer currently working in the game industry. Just a typical thread for totally subjective opinions.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
That's easy. The Crackerjack.
2-update10_2.png

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's easy. The Crackerjack.
2-update10_2.png

I had to read it twice, because the first time I read "Cleve Blakemore", who also happens to be the shittiest developer ever... damn, perhaps I shouldn't call him a developer. Rather a crook with his fraudulent advertising and bogus game.

funkadelik

Arcane
The worst developer is God, he made this insolent race called humans. They spend all day writing their stupid bullshit opinions on things called forums. The game he developed is also very boring and linear, even with all the patches throughout its history. The same shit just keeps repeating over and over.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Hard choice between Gaider and Sawyer. It's like trying to pick which pile of shit is better.

FUDU

Arcane
Cleave would have been a good choice for the pole, but the OP specified "currently working" in the game industry.

If the pole had specified people "pretending (for the last twenty years) to be currently working in the games industry" Cleve would win hands down.

FUDU

Arcane
Hard choice between Gaider and Sawyer. It's like trying to pick which pile of shit is better.

That's easy. Sawyer.

Gaider is just a writer. He can only fuck up some of the dialogue. Josh can (and did) fuck up all of a games systems and mechanics. He's far more dangerous.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
They both need to be put on a leash imo. Have someone oversee the project and take the good ideas from them and throw the rubbish ones in the bin.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
I'm intrigued someone on the codex made this list without including either Blakemore, Mollyneaux or Cain (SP? for all). Let alone the myriad of 'smaller' 'named' devs like Fogel, Vinke, Vince etc etc. I've spent more time trying to figure out AO's agenda/angle that trying to make any rational choice from the names provided.

Winslow

Novice
Patron
The person who is in charge of balancing mechanics in Bethesda games

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Tyler Sigman. :kfc:

In before triggered Codexers.

boobio

Arcane
Trigger Warning Shitposter
From worst to best:

Ken L.evine
David Gaider
Josh Sawyer
Warren Spector
Chris Avellone
:drink:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Levine is developing RPGs now?

Is this part of the "prank?"

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Reported this thread for making unfriendly environment for developers but was denied:
Unfortunately, your recent report has been rejected: Post in thread 'Worst developer' - lol, you guys don't really understand how we operate
GUYS WE DON'T TRULY UNDERSTAND HOW THEIR PRANKS OPERATE!

pippin

The worst developer is Allah

Out of the examples provided, I'm going with Ken Levine, I really hate him and how they inflate his relevance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom