Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline WORLD'S GREATEST GENERIC RPG BLOBBER ENGINE : "VAULT OF TERROR"

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
After a thousand auto-run tests fighting various fudge levels of armor on different monsters, my sickly, weak, insubstantial priest was able to do a single hitpoint of damage on armor of a dragon rated "IMPERMEABLE" in the fudge scale (7+) with his flimsy wooden staff. A single tear ran down my cheek in joy.

FUDGE is possibly the most awesome and yet simple-to-grasp RPG system ever devised.

giphy.gif

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
It would be awesome to have FRUA for pure blobbers. If nothing else the thread must survive.

Contagium

Savant
Patron
Cleve...

Cleve. I'm only a few hours into Grimoire and...man. You are something ELSE, family!! WOW. I don't even know what to say. The amount of love and effort and wonderfulness you crammed into this game is just unbelievable. Cleve, can you be my uncle? No seriously. I will play any blobber or CRPG you make until the end of my days. Cross my heart and hope to die. You are something else...

Unbelievable.

Welcome to Hyperborea. Your life will never be the same.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
It would be awesome to have FRUA for pure blobbers. If nothing else the thread must survive.
The Bard's Tale Construction Set has existed since 1991:

941833-the-bard-s-tale-construction-set-amiga-screenshot-title-screen.png
941849-the-bard-s-tale-construction-set-amiga-screenshot-the-map.png
941847-the-bard-s-tale-construction-set-amiga-screenshot-creating.png

941840-the-bard-s-tale-construction-set-amiga-screenshot-you-need.png
941843-the-bard-s-tale-construction-set-amiga-screenshot-adding-the.png
941834-the-bard-s-tale-construction-set-amiga-screenshot-won-the.png

941850-the-bard-s-tale-construction-set-amiga-screenshot-editing.png
941841-the-bard-s-tale-construction-set-amiga-screenshot-a-slime.png
941861-the-bard-s-tale-construction-set-amiga-screenshot-the-undercity.png

Though I'm sure Cleve's magnificence will surpass it.

I had no idea that existed. It actually looks like some pretty advanced stuff for 1991 on DOS.

Imagine this but no fixed RPG rules or system and could run for any genre and even support 2D/3D/Faux 3D ... that's what I am working on.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

I had no idea that existed. It actually looks like some pretty advanced stuff for 1991 on DOS.

Imagine this but no fixed RPG rules or system and could run for any genre and even support 2D/3D/Faux 3D ... that's what I am working on.

Are you ready for all the morons too stupid to use it?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Are you ready for all the morons too stupid to use it?
Stupidity is no deterrent to the stubborn.

Rafidur

Learned
I await screenshots with baited breath. Which means I may develop breathing problems over the many years to see said screenshots, but I'll bait my breath anyway.

Bated. “With bated breath” means you’re so excited about something that you’re having trouble breathing. “With baited breath” means that your breath is so foul you’re intending to use it as a trap or trick on someone unsuspecting.

When it is the darkest of the night, and the evil assassin glides into the room to steal your last breath, BOOM, got him.

MartinK

Learned
Will this blobber engine allow for party spliting during combat (like in Gates of Skeldal) or multiple independently operating parties (I’ve been told Fate: Gates of Dawn does this)?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
SAVING MONEY FOR THE KICKSTARTAH

edit: MartinK , try Bloodwych if you're into independent parties (split screen). Watch out for the gamebreaking bug in the PC version, though.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The screenshots I linked to from Mobygames are all for the glorious Amiga version released the following year, although the IBM PC release supposedly had a VGA graphics option in addition to EGA and even CGA.

bDOJG2e.jpg

edit: MartinK , try Bloodwych if you're into independent parties (split screen). Watch out for the gamebreaking bug in the PC version, though.
Which is why he should play the original Amiga version of Bloodwych.

Wysardry

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Bated. “With bated breath” means you’re so excited about something that you’re having trouble breathing. “With baited breath” means that your breath is so foul you’re intending to use it as a trap or trick on someone unsuspecting.
Grima Wormtongue (from LotR) made that mistake, and he never lived it down.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Go to HELL Blakemore! Where's my goddamn Cthulhu game you hack

That's going to be built with this engine and it is going to be built quickly. I just showed you some of the portraits and hinted at the classes. It's going to be good. Juicy lovecraft good. It may not have the graphics of THE SHORE but it is going to make up for that with story and gameplay many times over. I think I am adding an Asphyx character for really tough characters almost impossible to kill.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Nietzsche, 1883, "God is Dead"

God, 1900, "Nietzsche is Dead"

Cleve, 2021, "ALPHA PROTOTYPE OF WORLD's GREATEST GENERIC RPG BLOBBER ENGINE: COMPLETE"

God and Nietzsche bowed their heads in shame, realizing how inconsequential for the universe they truly are...

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Go to HELL Blakemore! Where's my goddamn Cthulhu game you hack

That's going to be built with this engine and it is going to be built quickly. I just showed you some of the portraits and hinted at the classes. It's going to be good. Juicy lovecraft good. It may not have the graphics of THE SHORE but it is going to make up for that with story and gameplay many times over. I think I am adding an Asphyx character for really tough characters almost impossible to kill.
We're all anxiously awaiting your return to development of Armoire:

VggZYI8.png

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Welcome to Hyperborea. Your life will never be the same.

Thank you for the welcome! :D So far, and I'm very early in (been letting my Youtube videos catch up to my real progress), but I am *loving* it as I said. Just everything about it screams "ultimate CRPG blobber here!". Going to play more tonight probably to update the LP.

I also looked into the FUDGE rules and they seem awesome, can't wait to see how they are implemented in future blobbers by Cleve! :) Cheers guys.

Last edited:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
After reading this thread I have a near constant chubby.

I was never the biggest fan of grimoire, but this this looks like it has a lot of potential!

Cleveland Mark Blakemore are you going to license this when you are satisfied ?

I think I will after writing a minimum of five 2D blobbers with it :

1. VAULT OF TERROR (Classic Wizardry style clone)
2. POST-ATOMIC (Post-Apoc blobber)
3. UNNAMED LOVECRAFT RPG (Lovecraft Post-Apoc blobber)
4. LOST WORLD PULP RPG (Pulp style blobber, Professor Challenger, etc.)
5. SCI-FI RPG BLOBBER (Based on unpublished novel I wrote many years ago)

... and I will then convert to true 3D in gradual increments but still retain all combats as turn-based. This might be a good time to sell the engine on the asset store in order to provide it for other authors.

After reading this thread I have a near constant chubby.

I was never the biggest fan of grimoire, but this this looks like it has a lot of potential!

Cleveland Mark Blakemore are you going to license this when you are satisfied ?

I think I will after writing a minimum of five 2D blobbers with it :

1. VAULT OF TERROR (Classic Wizardry style clone)
2. POST-ATOMIC (Post-Apoc blobber)
3. UNNAMED LOVECRAFT RPG (Lovecraft Post-Apoc blobber)
4. LOST WORLD PULP RPG (Pulp style blobber, Professor Challenger, etc.)
5. SCI-FI RPG BLOBBER (Based on unpublished novel I wrote many years ago)

... and I will then convert to true 3D in gradual increments but still retain all combats as turn-based. This might be a good time to sell the engine on the asset store in order to provide it for other authors.

I hope you trademark the names of the blobbers you decided on. Jews/melon heads doing their thing etc.

Edit: I do hope that if and when you decide to license your engine, you keep a basic version without the extra 3D jizz and an up to date latest version.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Too late, if you ever want UNNAMED LOVECRAFT RPG back then you'll be talking to my lawyers. Heh-heh-heh. I'm so smart.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Too late, if you ever want UNNAMED LOVECRAFT RPG back then you'll be talking to my lawyers. Heh-heh-heh. I'm so smart.
Too late, I spoke to your lawyers. They don't give a shit because you couldn't sign nothing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom