Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - open world isometric action-RPG

Perkel

Arcane
I wonder if I should give this another try. Maybe this time it'll be fun?

imho it was always fun.

It just doesn't have enough content. That developers didn't know the difference between added and multiplied numbers detracted at start but since then they reworked wheel to properly reflect skills and fixed everything.

It's pretty much the only ARPG outside of D2 that has fun melee combat. Hell even stuff like pistol/shield is fun to play.

I would still play it only as single player. Online doesn't have "lockstep" sync and stuff like pistol/shield outright has halved damage due to this.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm playing this with a mate since it was on offer for 8 euros, and we're having fun for now, but I haven't really seen any systems that look promising for longevitiy.

Perkel

Arcane
I'm playing this with a mate since it was on offer for 8 euros, and we're having fun for now, but I haven't really seen any systems that look promising for longevitiy.

By far the weakest part of game are uniques. There are like 20 of them or something like that. So there isn't much theory crafting there. The wheels of fate are pretty fun for theory crafting though.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

By far the weakest part of game are uniques. There are like 20 of them or something like that. So there isn't much theory crafting there. The wheels of fate are pretty fun for theory crafting though.

You mean the passive tree? Seems like a vastly watered down version of PoE's. The spinning-thing is novel but it's still a matter of figuring out which nodes you want and then just finding the optimal spin for those. And since there are so few nodes it doesn't really take that long to find the ones you'd want.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Sykar

Arcane
It is a decent hack&slash game, nothing special though in the grand schemes of things. Worth a try if it is on sale and if you like the genre, otherwise skip.

No, he was talking about the unique item drops. Game is pretty dry on that front too, not many build defining items.
That is a good thing. I hated and loathed so called "build defining" items. Pure and utter decline.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
No, he was talking about the unique item drops.

Isn't Gates of Fate the passive tree?

The wheels of fate are pretty fun for theory crafting though.

Wow , fuck me sideways, I thought I was replying about Last Epoch...
Carry on, don't mind me

:backawayslowly:

Perkel

Arcane
Isn't Gates of Fate the passive tree?

Who cares how it is called. Looks more like wheels to me than gates.

You mean the passive tree? Seems like a vastly watered down version of PoE's. The spinning-thing is novel but it's still a matter of figuring out which nodes you want and then just finding the optimal spin for those. And since there are so few nodes it doesn't really take that long to find the ones you'd want.

It isn't as robust as POE tree but it does give you fun time creating builds. There are plenty of keystones that vastly changes how your build operates.

Perkel

Arcane
Look at my post again. I wasn't correcting you, I was just responding to cyberarmy :)

Blame shitty codex quoting system. It was working fine 10 years ago. Then it was revised and it started to create problems and now yo can't even edit properly without going to raw.

And don't get me started to whole chains of quotes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom