Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry WIZARDS & WARRIORS solo !

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
So i am 10lvl wizard, 12lvl warlock and 9 lvl bard. Serpent temple is a great place to grind for levels. Toughest fight so far was Xydusa, i ran past her and later killed with meteor spell. Not having lvls in healing and weapons is a bit of nuisance, but elixires and witches stick help. Planing multiclass to ninja and later to samurai - to gain more skills.

Last edited:

krisman87

Literate
So i am 10lvl wizard, 12lvl warlock and 9 lvl bard. Serpent temple is a great place to grind for levels. Toughest fight so far was Xydusa, i ran past her and later killed with meteor spell. Not having lvls in healing and weapons is a bit of nuisance, but elixires and witches stick help. Planing multiclass to ninja and later to samurai - to gain more skills.
Tito Anic what version of the game do You have ? I've got an old 2xCD version bought in 2005.
Do You know is there a huge difference beetwen GOG version and an old CD version ?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Guys sorry for slight off topic, I just can't keep myself from this post.
You're talking about the David Bradley Wizards and Warriors, right?
I own a disk from way back when... But I can't run it on win 7! Is there a trick of some sort? How do you play that thing? It's a minor dream of mine to play it again. :(

PrettyDeadman

I own a disk from way back when... But I can't run it on win 7! Is there a trick of some sort? How do you play that thing? It's a minor dream of mine to play it again. :(

You can buy W&W over GOG, It should work fine on Win7 without any need for tweaking.

Or you can follow Roqua's guide, here's a link to it -> http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ctly-on-modern-oss.117830/page-6#post-5780376

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

You can buy W&W over GOG, It should work fine on Win7 without any need for tweaking.

Or you can follow Roqua's guide, here's a link to it -> http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ctly-on-modern-oss.117830/page-6#post-5780376
They made a GOG version??? Hot damn!!! Time to spend!!!

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter

I run it on WN7. All your answers and usefull links are in here:

http://www.jeffludwig.com/wizardswarriors/download.php

If you get weird visual artifacts - solution is here:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...-running-near-perfectly-on-modern-oss.117830/

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I dunno why this popped in my head ???

Wasn't the original title for the pc game going to be Swords & Sorcerers?

Dogs farts.... the new hallucinogenic. Pew!

That kid got excited he finally jumped over the lvl2 end boss. Didn't even kill it. I don't think he's ready for Ironsword tbh so Kuros picks odd chamions..... or its just too much dog farts.

Btw, no one messes with the king of burgers without trippin out.

Last edited:

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Yeah, a Fighter is the usually the go-to guy if you want to try soloing or facerolling in an RPG. I remember I played a fighter in an NWN module conversion of Pools of Radiance and was very disappointed that my maxed-out fighter absolutely destroyed the vampire boss in the graveyard in literally half a second when that same boss in the SSI version of POR took over an hour to defeat with a full party but no fighter amongst them. I never played a fighter in any RPG game ever again. No fun in just basically pointing your finger at a foe and saying, "You be dead, gopher! You be dead!" like Little Anthony and have it be dead.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Really depends on initiative and rolls in the ssi gb. Sometimes he's steamrolled too and not always by the fighter. I like games with good stealth and backstab engines. Gold box annoys me esp when wizards crown/eternal dagger utilized hiding, scanning, point, and other combat options a tad better. I didn't really get that feeling again until disciples of steel.

For sir-tech; i basically went from wizardry 1-2 and skipped directly to w&w (I bought both the archive and it at close to the same time). I didn't finish but i rather enjoyed what i played (until the comp crashed out). Glad it works well and that i snagged it from gog. The manuals can come out of their dusty box.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom