Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry: The Five Ordeals Steam release

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Haven't played any of the user made scenarios, but there is the stock standard 8 classes, standard character creation (go to the training grounds to do that). And yes the first official scenario is somewhat brutal, my first party are still bones on level 3.

Only 8?
Isn't there multi-classing and/or prestige classes you can switch to later?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2853306644

you can change classes for example priest into mage to have both classes spells. Also ninja and maybe lord is impossible to roll from character creation unless you use "cheat" mode so you can pick any class you want from character creation (type A creation)
I have rolled a Ninja and a Lord without spending too much time. I think the rolls are more generous than old Wizardries. Don´t go for type A creation because you will have very weak ninjas and lords in addition to their slow leveling.

Probably the Ninja I got very lucky but I got two lords and 2 samurai in 10 minutes.

Ninja needs around +60 roll depending on race and the best I have rolled is 28. I just aimed for +18 for all chars

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Haven't played any of the user made scenarios, but there is the stock standard 8 classes, standard character creation (go to the training grounds to do that). And yes the first official scenario is somewhat brutal, my first party are still bones on level 3.

Only 8?
Isn't there multi-classing and/or prestige classes you can switch to later?
It´s a reasonable idea to start with basic classes like fighter, mage, priest and thief and evolve them into samurais, lords/bishops and ninjas when you can or after the mages/ priests get all their spells because they are much faster levelling.
My approach is mixed. I usually roll a fighter, priest, mage, thief, and try to get a samurai and lord for the first party. This way I have a mix of fast levelling classes and prestige ones. This time I got a lucky ninja so I didn´t start with thief.

- Priests will help you a lot with a lot of healing spells and are reasonable in front row.
- Mages are very important for getting teleport spell ASAP and some AOE.
- Fighter/s will carry early game killing most of the monsters.
- You can swap the starter samurai for a Bishop (Free ID is very nice but they won´t be very useful in combat/healing early on with few spell casts).

You can also roll provisional training fighters to bring them alongside other early weak characters to a good XP farming place to level them up quickly.
Honestly they are several viable strategies depending of how you like to play or what you intend to build.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I know the wizardry system, I just didn't know which classes were implemented nor if it was "faithfully" implemented.
Thanks for the guide link Jermu, it'll help a lot with the settings.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Official scenarios are full translated into engrish, signs too.

Fixed, the translation is awful.

Could anyone name the best user made scenarios he played, or at least some he played and were "very good"?

How many classes is there? Only 6?
Is there no character creation?
My party got wiped out on the first combat on an unwinnable fight playing the first official scenario...

I know lol. Classic Wizardry experience- spend 30 minutes rolling a party with 6 chars on 16-18 bonus rolls, then get two of them killed in first fight and back to Training grounds to roll up some more as you don't have the GP to resurrect. That's Wizardry baby!

Rather cheaty, not hardcore spoiler below:

Pressing CTRL+F1 before the combat ends soft resets to the title screen so you can RESUME from the end of your last fight. I must admit, I did use that a couple of times before I hit lvl 4 on everyone and got a bit more durable.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Sounds like they rather nailed the early wizardry experience. What about stat point loss on level up and stat reset upon class changing? Honestly, I always hated losing stats. I'd rather get none than lose.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
You can continue your journey if you go back to your previous scenario, however, your character cannot be carried over between scenarios.

That kind of sucks. Wiz 1-3 allowed transfers (i almost believe it was essential). That sounds irksome for those who just want to run through with their old crew (albeit it might make scenarios too easy but on another page, depending on limit of dungeon depth it might make creating very hard dungeons from the start pointless.)

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Sounds like they rather nailed the early wizardry experience. What about stat point loss on level up and stat reset upon class changing? Honestly, I always hated losing stats. I'd rather get none than lose.

Both are in this game think you can cheese level ups cntr + f1 method but that is for faggots

There is also import char option between scenarios but they start lvl 1 (this way you can bring ninja at least)

• Reincarnation
    Reincarnate a character used in a different scenario using the same name, race, class and number of enemies slain. As is the case when changing class, all stats will return to the default number for that class, your level will become 1, and your XP will be reset to 0.

So if its only default stats you pretty much want to import only ninja and maybe lord.

Regarding reclassing think I just swap mage to cleric and reverse and call it a day

Last edited:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Bloody hell, on the first scenario and Floor 4 is when it starts getting real. I smugly drank an Antidote potion in the anti-magic zone, but these masochists don't even allow potion use in those here! The bloody mobs don't have any problems casting though, do they?! I must confess to some CTRL+F1 on this floor.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Five Ordeals is now fully in english, and they said they're going to bring over The Absence of Misericordia and The Prisoners Of The Battles as DLC campaigns (!).

it's an exciting time to be a Wiz fan.

ChavaiotH

Novice
Bloody hell, on the first scenario and Floor 4 is when it starts getting real. I smugly drank an Antidote potion in the anti-magic zone, but these masochists don't even allow potion use in those here! The bloody mobs don't have any problems casting though, do they?! I must confess to some CTRL+F1 on this floor.
teleport trap is the worst thing on floor 4.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
teleport trap is the worst thing on floor 4.
I've been mapping as I go with Grid Cartographer so I found that TP trap quite straightforward.

Floor 6 mind you... It's like they thought how best to mess with people mapping it out themselves and then dialled it up to 11. I get that it's simple when you work out the 'trick' but when I first got to the floor my map was a complete mess from all the teleporters.

Doing some grinding on Floor 7 to get everyone up a bit, still not got max level Priest or Mage spells. Lesser demons just popped into the mob table and those things are like crack for grinding. Giving me Elminage Gothic flashbacks.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Started Children of the king Selene a while ago at level 4 now. Feels like this is a lot easier than Traveler's Property except items you get / can buy are worse.

Also it is interesting that different items depending on the module have different properties. For example in Traveler's flail can hit from back row unlike in Selene

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Our first anniversary! and announce DLC scenario "Prisoner of the Battles" !
Thank you very much for your continued support of "Wizardry: The Five Ordeals". In this issue, we would like to provide you with various information including future developments state.
d6b05bf49a3f81cfc81125e8ee3ea53366b914c5.jpg

Celebrating our first anniversary!
Thanks to the support of our fans, we are celebrated its first anniversary of early access.
The game has sold a total of 25,000 units, and we will continue to develop the game next year so that even more users can enjoy it, including the upcoming DLC and 1.0, as well as the console versions that are scheduled to follow the 1.0.

Web Editor Development Status
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We would like to provide you with further information on the scenario editor that is currently under development.

We had originally announced that the scenario editor would be available by the end of 2022, but in light of the development status and other factors, we have decided to delay the service launch to Q2, 2023, so that we can deliver it to you in a more stable state. We apologize for the delay.

bit teased:
c5630939a74e893494f1dba3eadfde4e675f1569.png

DLC scenario "Prisoner of the Battles" to be released in March 2023!
As for the additional scenario downloadable contents that we have previously announced, we are pleased to announce that we will release the first additional scenario, "Prisoner of the Battles" in March 2023.

"Wizardry Gaiden: Prisoner of the Battles" the predecessor to The Five Ordeals, was released as a standalone game in 2005 and later ported to PS2, iOS, and other platforms. It is a large-volume adventure set in multiple dungeons that can be tackled by the same group of adventurers. The items acquired by the adventurers have random magical effects, making for a more modern treasure hunting experience. The dungeons are also have with a trap that constantly displays a "mini-map" for each level, minimizing the use of mapping spells once sufficient exploration has been done.

This DLC version will be have some changes to the dungeon content and additional content to make it even more powerful.

Please wait for further information on specific release dates and prices.

We have made the difficult decision that most of the DLC for this game will be more expensive than the average Steam game. We believe this is necessary to ensure the longevity of the development of "The Five Ordeals" and to allow us to provide you with the DLC and content you desire in the future to the extent possible.

On the other hand, we have not given up on making "The Five Ordeals" accessible to as many users as possible, and we plan to make several improvements in the area of new users, including addition of a new default scenario before the 1.0. We sincerely hope that you will understand and support the sale of DLC for this title so that we can realize these plans more smoothly and with higher quality.

New update coming soon
A new update will be delivered soon.

This update includes:
- Placable icons on the automap.
b181ada7cefb74d625504c00edbeb5d2f7f5660d.jpg

- Various adjustments and bug fixes, which were implemented in the beta version that had been deployed since November 2022.

The changes include a slight improvement in the display of text/portraits in low-resolution environments.

As for the future update schedule of the main game, the main development staff will temporarily shift to the DLC "Prisoner of the Battles" and implementation of the mechanism for future DLC support, so no normal updates will be made until around March 2023, except for serious hotfix and the editor related thing. Thank you for your understanding.
In 2023, we will be selling DLC and the make 1.0 of the game, and we will continue our efforts to make this game even more enjoyable for our users. We look forward to your continued support of "Wizardry: The Five Ordeals".
b4034b59a2a98d673ff1749e2edabeda525a4cc3.jpg

and We will be discounted by 15% during the Steam Winter Sale. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity to purchase this title and give it as a gift to your friends and family.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
released

Search for relics that will bring Spring to the land of never-ending Winter.​

It has been two years now, and the endless winter has not once relented, leaving many stranded in the settlement of Winternadir. The fur merchants come to the adventurers with a request...
The villagers often speak of a place of worship in the heart of a nearby valley. It was once home to "The Relic of Our Lady of Mercy", which was said to have kept the cold weather at bay. The relic is long since lost, and the valley has been abandoned. You must retrieve this relic, and return the region to its natural state.

Overview​

- A compact yet standard size and challenging traditional labyrinthine exploration in a single labyrinth of less than 10 floors.- Treasure hunting with a fixed items instead of a random property.
- The scenario was produced in 2005 by Kotaro Ichien, known for "DT Lords of Genomes", "Wizardry TRADITIONAL" and "Nether Domain #1: Sheinker's Daughter".

Steam Update​

- Based on the iOS "The Absence of Misericordia" with details adjusted under Ichien's supervision, including the behavior of some gimmicks.- New floor graphics in the labyrinth.
- New Graphics for Home.
- New musics composed by Basiscape.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Playing "Abyss of the Ancient Relic"s scenario. Neither ninja or thief have hide command in combat. Am I missing something? Is it unlocked at higher level?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom